People believe “almost universally” Murray will be #1 pick

MDL_JET

Rosen is a year into his Rookie contract.  He is worth less than he was last year.  

Goff looked terrible too his first year.  

The SB was just won by a QB who can’t move.  

Kingsbury and Murray are a perfect combination.

The Cardinals should trade Rosen to the highest bidder, likely a mid-1st-early 2nd round pick, take Murray, fill the seats, and move on.  

Rosen should be a starting NFL QB.  There is no reason he should not be as good as Joe Flacco.  He needs a supporting cast.  

Giants, Wash, Jax, Miami all could use him.  

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Feels like a smokescreen to me.  Do people really believe the Cardinal top mgmt were so in love with Kingsbury that they hired him knowing the first thing he was going to do was make them look foolish by dumping Rosen after just one season?

You make a risky HC hire it seems to me you might as well go all in and get him a QB who can run his system optimally.

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

Rosen is a year into his Rookie contract.  He is worth less than he was last year.  

Goff looked terrible too his first year.  

The SB was just won by a QB who can’t move.  

Kingsbury and Murray are a perfect combination.

The Cardinals should trade Rosen to the highest bidder, likely a mid-1st-early 2nd round pick, take Murray, fill the seats, and move on.  

Rosen should be a starting NFL QB.  There is no reason he should not be as good as Joe Flacco.  He needs a supporting cast.  

Giants, Wash, Jax, Miami all could use him.  

Cardinals could still get a late first rounder/early second round pick for Rosen

Kid has talent one bad rookie year playing behind a horrible OL he should not be dismissed

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

You make a risky HC hire it seems to me you might as well go all in and get him a QB who can run his system optimally.

Using Rosen to run a spread RPO heavy offense is a debacle waiting to happen

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

What I don’t see is if Rosen sucks why would anyone give up a high 1st for him or if he’s good why trade him away. 

I think that Rosen just doesn't fit the O that Kingsbury wants to run. It remains to be seen what the Cards can actually get for him. IMHO the Cards aren't  getting a single digit 1st for him.

25 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I think that Rosen just doesn't fit the O that Kingsbury wants to run. It remains to be seen what the Cards can actually get for him. IMHO the Cards aren't  getting a single digit 1st for him.

I’d almost guarantee he’s not going to the giants if traded and not going for a high pick. 

Drafting Murray is the no brainer move by the cards. He’s a flat out better and more dynamic player than Rosen- and he fits the system of their new head coach.

Moving on from Rosen won’t get anyone fired- Kingsbury not working will get everyone fired. 

Rosen was paid his signing bonus so it’s an attractive asset from a financial standpoint

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

After that Bryce Harper contract, gotta say Murray is dumb as sh*t for picking football.

Murray is not in the same ballpark or the same type of player Harper is and its not close. He is a slap hitter with above average defensive skills and great speed who "could" develop some pop. The chances of him getting insane money like Harper who is a franchise player are far, far slimmer than decent QB money which is trending on more and more guaranteed money i.e Cousins. If Murray played RB or WR then yes, baseball might have been better choice.

40 minutes ago, zonajetfan said:

Murray is not in the same ballpark or the same type of player Harper is and its not close. He is a slap hitter with above average defensive skills and great speed who "could" develop some pop. The chances of him getting insane money like Harper who is a franchise player are far, far slimmer than decent QB money which is trending on more and more guaranteed money i.e Cousins. If Murray played RB or WR then yes, baseball might have been better choice.

Totally agreed. No one should mention Harper and Murray in the same baseball sentence.

6 hours ago, New York Mick said:

What I don’t see is if Rosen sucks why would anyone give up a high 1st for him or if he’s good why trade him away. 

I wasn't a big fan of Rosen going into last year's draft because I think he doesn't fit the mold of the mobile/athletic QBs that seem to win in the NFL these days (or at least who lose to Tom Brady).  He also seems like he doesn't have the size necessary to withstand the punishment.  And tbh, I think his arm is somewhat weak (though the same was said of Deshaun Watson and he's just fine).

Having said that, if I were a team like the Giants, Dolphins or Redskins and I could trade this years #1 and maybe a solid player for Rosen, I'd take it in a heartbeat.  Yes Rosen struggled badly last year but it was his rookie year.  He's still young but now has a year of experience plus you'd be getting him on a discount in a trade.  Look at the improvement Jared Goff made between years 1 and 2.  Rosen may or may not make it but he's absolutely worth the gamble, certainly if he comes at a discounted price.

11 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Feels like a smokescreen to me.  Do people really believe the Cardinal top mgmt were so in love with Kingsbury that they hired him knowing the first thing he was going to do was make them look foolish by dumping Rosen after just one season?

IDK...to me, you don't hire a guy like Kingsbury who designs/runs his offense in a very specific way and then tell him 'use Rosen' when Rosen is the furthest thing from a Kingsbury QB.

Rosen is still worth a decent DP or useful in a potential trade as while he was mediocre to poor last yr he was on a pretty bad team and did have his moments.

If the NYG aren't sold on Haskins I could easily see the NYG trading for him to sit behind Eli for a year.

10 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

IDK...to me, you don't hire a guy like Kingsbury who designs/runs his offense in a very specific way and then tell him 'use Rosen' when Rosen is the furthest thing from a Kingsbury QB.

Rosen is still worth a decent DP or useful in a potential trade as while he was mediocre to poor last yr he was on a pretty bad team and did have his moments.

If the NYG aren't sold on Haskins I could easily see the NYG trading for him to sit behind Eli for a year.

You could be right.  It just seems kinda a$$ backwards to me.  Franchise QB's are harder to find than HC's.  If I'm Bidwell and I think I may have a potential franchise QB in Rosen why would I hire a HC to run an air raid offense making Rosen odd man out?  Wouldn't it make more sense hearing Kingsbury say I can coach up Rosen and alter my playbook to his strengths vs. trying a college system that may or may not work at the pro level and forcing myself back into the market for a QB?

I love the fact that Murray is in discussion to go #1. Personally, I don’t believe the Cards are going to give up on Rosen just yet. If they decide not to take murray, I feel like teams will attempt to move up. 

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

After that Bryce Harper contract, gotta say Murray is dumb as sh*t for picking football.

They actually asked him that question when he was answering questions.  His answer reinforces your hypothesis.

Instead of saying "I just love the game" or "it's not about the money", his answer was - "oh yeah?  How much was it per year?  $25M?  Well, QBs make more than that"  with a "what kind of stupid question is that" expression.

Dude really needs to learn the concept of multiplication...

19 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

That could be the mindset. Statue/pocket passer like Rosen was doomed with that horrid O-line. Some team may see the upside with the proper protections. Who knows. 

Ummmmmm all I can say is don’t let the Patriots get him!!! :( 

17 hours ago, New York Mick said:

People are saying a high 2nd would do it. Rosen wasn’t liked by most teams in the draft evaluation last year. 

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

I love the fact that Murray is in discussion to go #1. Personally, I don’t believe the Cards are going to give up on Rosen just yet. If they decide not to take murray, I feel like teams will attempt to move up. 

He is a perfect example of why you take a Baker Mayfield first IMO. 

This guy is not someone I want running or leading my franchise.  

12 hours ago, zonajetfan said:

Not saying he is. Saying that MLB pay is so insane, that even average baseball contracts are going to dwarf a QB contract. And that’s if he gets s second contract in the NFL. First he has rookie pay scale to get thru. Career longevity and league economics + post-career health all day MLB. 

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Not saying he is. Saying that MLB pay is so insane, that even average baseball contracts are going to dwarf a QB contract. And that’s if he gets s second contract in the NFL. First he has rookie pay scale to get thru. Career longevity and league economics + post-career health all day MLB. 

In order to get the "insane" baseball money, you need to put your time in at the bush level, and no guarantee that you even reach the Show. 

In the NFL, you get the money right away.

Of course, he would receive his signing bonus from the A's, a "meager" $5m, but based on where he is now being projected in the NFL draft, that signing bonus will be dwarfed.

Football has a much lower "bust' level than baseball for high draft picks (or any draft picks for that matter).

If Murray is the perfect guy for the Kingsbury offense and your medical people believe he will stay healthy then if you are Arizona you just do it. You do not need to even trade Rosen at this point, even 2 rookie first round contracts for QB is not that bad cap wise and Rosen always remains a trade candidate.

22 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

baseball contracts are headed the other way that's why they're headed towards a another labor stoppage.

If you're going to hit 40 home runs or throw the ball hundred miles did you get a big contract like that otherwise it's all about value now.

don't get me wrong you could still kind of suck and make 7 million a year so you will make more money in baseball, it's just those three hundred million plus deals aren't happening but for a few.

Adding fuel to the Murray fire, Arizona Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury was telling people last night that it’s a “done deal” the Cardinals will select the Oklahoma Sooners quarterback with the first pick of the draft. Whether or not Kingsbury has the final say on the choice remains to be seen, but stay tuned.

During Saturday’s podcast, I mentioned future changes to the combine being bandied about here in Indianapolis. Among them would be moving the Combine to another city, something teams and general managers are dead set against. Last night, I spoke with a scout who told me the immediate change for 2020 is player interviews taking place during the day. Presently interviews are held in the evening and often run late into the night.

At face value, this would seem to benefit the players, but I’m told the reason for the change is so the workouts could then be moved to prime time.

I’m told the New York Jets will target second-tier running backs during free agency. This affirms reports from our February 14 podcast on the Jets showing little interest in Le’Veon Bell. It’s a podcast I recommend people listen to, as we went into the reasons why the Jets may not be keen on bringing Bell into the mix.

Could the Jets still sign Bell during free agency? Absolutely; if they don’t sign a big-time pass rusher. After losing out on Kirk Cousins last year, they moved their free-agent money to cornerback Trumaine Johnson.

I continue to hear the name of Dante Fowler associated with the Jets, but people at the combine believe the length of the contract may be a sticking point between the two parties. 

Fowler will likely be looking for something in the four-year range, and the Jets reportedly don’t want to offer a contract that long.

lol. Tevin Coleman, Moncrief, and Fowler? Macc daddy!

23 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Really?  As the number one pick Murray will get more than Harper has earned up to now and Harper is 27.  Murray will be a wealthy multimillionaire in a month.  Thats without having played a down of football.  And he'd be on the roster, as a baseball player he could sit years in the minors and never develop into a starting MLB player.  Never go beyond his initial 5 mil contract.  

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

In order to get the "insane" baseball money, you need to put your time in at the bush level, and no guarantee that you even reach the Show. 

In the NFL, you get the money right away.

Of course, he would receive his signing bonus from the A's, a "meager" $5m, but based on where he is now being projected in the NFL draft, that signing bonus will be dwarfed.

Football has a much lower "bust' level than baseball for high draft picks (or any draft picks for that matter).

Fair point.

28 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Adding fuel to the Murray fire, Arizona Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury was telling people last night that it’s a “done deal” the Cardinals will select the Oklahoma Sooners quarterback with the first pick of the draft. Whether or not Kingsbury has the final say on the choice remains to be seen, but stay tuned.

During Saturday’s podcast, I mentioned future changes to the combine being bandied about here in Indianapolis. Among them would be moving the Combine to another city, something teams and general managers are dead set against. Last night, I spoke with a scout who told me the immediate change for 2020 is player interviews taking place during the day. Presently interviews are held in the evening and often run late into the night.

At face value, this would seem to benefit the players, but I’m told the reason for the change is so the workouts could then be moved to prime time.

I’m told the New York Jets will target second-tier running backs during free agency. This affirms reports from our February 14 podcast on the Jets showing little interest in Le’Veon Bell. It’s a podcast I recommend people listen to, as we went into the reasons why the Jets may not be keen on bringing Bell into the mix.

Could the Jets still sign Bell during free agency? Absolutely; if they don’t sign a big-time pass rusher. After losing out on Kirk Cousins last year, they moved their free-agent money to cornerback Trumaine Johnson.

I continue to hear the name of Dante Fowler associated with the Jets, but people at the combine believe the length of the contract may be a sticking point between the two parties. 

Fowler will likely be looking for something in the four-year range, and the Jets reportedly don’t want to offer a contract that long.

lol. Tevin Coleman, Moncrief, and Fowler? Macc daddy!

who wrote this?

Archived