People believe “almost universally” Murray will be #1 pick

MDL_JET

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

baseball contracts are headed the other way that's why they're headed towards a another labor stoppage.

If you're going to hit 40 home runs or throw the ball hundred miles did you get a big contract like that otherwise it's all about value now.

don't get me wrong you could still kind of suck and make 7 million a year so you will make more money in baseball, it's just those three hundred million plus deals aren't happening but for a few.

As a Met's fan this contract makes me very happy.  The Phillies will long live to regret it.  Thirteen year contract with a no trade clause, no team opt out, for essentially a  .270, "me first" hitter who has one, 100 RBI season in seven full seasons. Guaranteed, no less. He is not Mike Trout, who I would have reservations about signing to such a deal.  Why the "Sillies" would go to this extreme to sign this player is beyond me. This is exactly why I don't feel sorry for the Owners in respect to escalating salaries and the "cost of doing business". They just can't seem to help themselves.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

lol. Tevin Coleman, Moncrief, and Fowler? Macc daddy!

Tevin is obviously not the back Bell is. He's damn near a 1 trick pony. On the good side, it is a good trick :D He's very adept in the open field and he's a good pass catcher in his own right.

Put him in a tandem of RBs that do the other things well and it CAN work. I'm far more concerned with he thought of throwing $ at Fowler and calling our long search at Edge fixed.

On 3/2/2019 at 3:14 PM, New York Mick said:

The Giants didn’t want him last year so why would they want him this year after not doing well?

Not wanting him over Barkley isn't the same thing as not wanting him over the two flawed QBs that MIGHT be available in this years draft and would require a trade to get in all probability.  

I'd take Rosen over any of the QB's in this years draft, not going to dismiss him off of the cluster F that AZ was last season 

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

People are saying a high 2nd would do it. Rosen wasn’t liked by most teams in the draft evaluation last year. 

Where did you get this nugget from? Granted, the kid went 4th of the QBs last year but c'mon man. If he was the 1st pick, not many would've been surprised. As for this year, he'd be everyone's top QB prospect with the exception of KK, who might be looking for a system specific guy like Murray.

I think Rosen will make a lot of people look really dumb next year, whether he plays in KKs offense or if he's traded to a team with any semblance of an offense and a CS. Unlike the situation he was in last year.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Where did you get this nugget from? Granted, the kid went 4th of the QBs last year but c'mon man. If he was the 1st pick, not many would've been surprised. As for this year, he'd be everyone's top QB prospect with the exception of KK, who might be looking for a system specific guy like Murray.

I think Rosen will make a lot of people look really dumb next year, whether he plays in KKs offense or if he's traded to a team with any semblance of an offense and a CS. Unlike the situation he was in last year.

What makes you so confident about Rosen? 

I can't see anybody trading up to the top 2? That just doesn't make any sense. San Fran and Phoenix have made huge investments in their QB and they're not even close to moving on as of right now. 

It's only once you get to 4, that there's speculation that Oakland could be taking a QB. So really if you're going to trade up to get the QB of your liking, you must leap from Oakland. That's why the Jets sitting at 3 is such an attractive pick to have. And every day it gets closer to the draft the price continues to go up.

37 minutes ago, nico002 said:

What makes you so confident about Rosen? 

I could ask you what makes you so confident in Darnold.

Its not that I'm so confident about Rosen as much as I don't understand why so many here are convinced he's suddenly a horrible QB.

He and Rosen are separated by a few months in age, both will only be 22 at the start of the '19 season. They're younger then some of the guys coming out this year, and probably better then any of them.

Both faced the same competition in college, and Rosen was rated the most "pro ready", I don't know if I agree, because they seem to be different style QBs and not easy to compare directly. Darnold has his strengths and weaknesses, so does Rosen. Going off what we know about both, I don't see how any fair minded person could conclude either is certain for stardom or a bust.

Rosen survived a rookie year under a horrible CS, and played behind the worst OL in the sport. He actually impressed me how he stood up to the beating he took, so can we put that "fragile" label in the trash when talking about him?

You and I butt heads over QBs fairly often, especially about Darnold. I've never said I don't think Darnold will become a good QB, hell I've said plenty of times he looks like he can become a lot better then that.

Where we differ is you're already convinced about Darnold and I'm not. I need to see more before I put him on the pedestal you have. I'd be a phony if I didn't take the same tack with Rosen.  He came into the league rated on a par with Mayfield, Allen and Darnold. Why would I give up on him and not the others based on only one season?

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not wanting him over Barkley isn't the same thing as not wanting him over the two flawed QB that MIGHT be available in this years draft and would require a trade to get in all probability.  

I'd take Rosen over any of the QB's in this years draft, not going to dismiss him off of the cluster F that AZ was last season 

I don’t see them giving up their first for him. 

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I don’t see them giving up their first for him. 

If, big if of course, they agree with me, think Rosen is better than Murray and Haskins why wouldnt you trade the one for Rosen instead of losing that same pick on a QB you think is inferior?  Doesnt make sense 

30 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I could ask you what makes you so confident in Darnold. Its not that I'm so confident about Rosen as much as I don't understand why so many here are convinced he's suddenly a horrible QB.

He and Rosen are separated by a few months in age, both will only be 22 at the start of the '19 season. They're younger then some of the guys coming out this year, and probably better then any of them.

Both faced the same competition in college, and Rosen was rated the most "pro ready", I don't know if I agree, because they seem to be different style QBs and not easy to compare directly. Darnold has his strengths and weaknesses, so does Rosen. Going off what we know about both, I don't see how any fair minded person could conclude either is certain for stardom or a bust.

Rosen survived a rookie year under a horrible CS, and played behind the worst OL in the sport. He actually impressed me how he stood up to the beating he took, so can we put that "fragile" label in the trash when talking about him?

You and I butt heads over QBs fairly often, especially about Darnold. I've never said I don't think Darnold will become a good QB, hell I've said plenty of times he looks like he can become a lot better then that.

Where we differ is you're already convinced about Darnold and I'm not. I need to see more before I put him on the pedestal you have. I'd be a phony if I didn't take the same tack with Rosen.  He came into the league rated on a par with Mayfield, Allen and Darnold. Why would I give up on him and not the others based on only one season?

Here we go again??? Not biting this time.  Have fun.?  BTW Rosen should, and will more than likely bring back a #1 in a trade.

3 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Adding fuel to the Murray fire, Arizona Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury was telling people last night that it’s a “done deal” the Cardinals will select the Oklahoma Sooners quarterback with the first pick of the draft. Whether or not Kingsbury has the final say on the choice remains to be seen, but stay tuned.

During Saturday’s podcast, I mentioned future changes to the combine being bandied about here in Indianapolis. Among them would be moving the Combine to another city, something teams and general managers are dead set against. Last night, I spoke with a scout who told me the immediate change for 2020 is player interviews taking place during the day. Presently interviews are held in the evening and often run late into the night.

At face value, this would seem to benefit the players, but I’m told the reason for the change is so the workouts could then be moved to prime time.

I’m told the New York Jets will target second-tier running backs during free agency. This affirms reports from our February 14 podcast on the Jets showing little interest in Le’Veon Bell. It’s a podcast I recommend people listen to, as we went into the reasons why the Jets may not be keen on bringing Bell into the mix.

Could the Jets still sign Bell during free agency? Absolutely; if they don’t sign a big-time pass rusher. After losing out on Kirk Cousins last year, they moved their free-agent money to cornerback Trumaine Johnson.

I continue to hear the name of Dante Fowler associated with the Jets, but people at the combine believe the length of the contract may be a sticking point between the two parties. 

Fowler will likely be looking for something in the four-year range, and the Jets reportedly don’t want to offer a contract that long.

lol. Tevin Coleman, Moncrief, and Fowler? Macc daddy!

What’s wrong with those players?

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

I could ask you what makes you so confident in Darnold.

Its not that I'm so confident about Rosen as much as I don't understand why so many here are convinced he's suddenly a horrible QB.

Simple... the fact that Darnold has played less QB then all the QBs coming out and showed significant progression in the first year... Can he still end up failing.... of course.,.. but showing progression throughout the year shows an ability to learn and adapt, something that Rosen didn't really do.

It also shows that Darnold hasn't peaked yet.

17 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Simple... the fact that Darnold has played less QB then all the QBs coming out and showed significant progression in the first year... Can he still end up failing.... of course.,.. but showing progression throughout the year shows an ability to learn and adapt, something that Rosen didn't really do.

It also shows that Darnold hasn't peaked yet.

Hey, I hope you're correct, but its not "simple". It your opinion. However, your opinion is as valid as any when discussing any of these guys. Given the small sample we've seen so far from these guys, we can make a case for or against any of them. It just comes down to our biases which way we go.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  As the number one pick Murray will get more than Harper has earned up to now and Harper is 27.  Murray will be a wealthy multimillionaire in a month.  Thats without having played a down of football.  And he'd be on the roster, as a baseball player he could sit years in the minors and never develop into a starting MLB player.  Never go beyond his initial 5 mil contract.  

Agree.  Making the mlb let alone becoming a good player in mlb is a crap shoot.  Gotta spend at least 2 years in the minors first where anything can happen

On 3/2/2019 at 11:22 AM, MDL_JET said:

I would hate hearing how much it was the smart thing to take Saquan and have it all work out for them. 

The Giants will not take KM as there #1 pick. He is not the kind of player they take. If they go after a QB it will be Haskins. The Giants don't  take players that are not prototypical at the position in the first round. 

Archived