Metcalf Impresses Jets With Lights out Combine Performance

JetNation

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Sorry but it looks more like you have no clue, Many different methods being used these days when it comes to body building. Its not all about carbs and roids when it comes to doing it right and maybe this kid is doing it right how would you know any different ?

PEDs used for athletes have absolutely nothing to do with steroids used for professional bodybuilders and the fact that you're basing any rebuttals off of said assumption means you don't know what you're talking about. The fact that you actually think PED's are used more for bulk and size than recovery is laughable.  I get that the knowitall contrarian routine is kind of your thing but you clearly have no background at all on this one. Listen more, talk less.

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Sorry but it looks more like you have no clue, Many different methods being used these days when it comes to body building. Its not all about carbs and roids when it comes to doing it right and maybe this kid is doing it right how would you know any different ?

No. You don't bulk thirty pounds and lose body fat percentage with diet and exercise, I don't care what your genetics are. I can't say for fact, obviously, but I can say with relative certainty this kid is not 100% natural. 

4 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

No. You don't bulk thirty pounds and lose body fat percentage with diet and exercise, I don't care what your genetics are. I can't say for fact, obviously, but I can say with relative certainty this kid is not 100% natural. 

If this kid Bulked 30 pounds then I would agree its not natural. I had no idea he did anything like that. You can however lose body fat with diet and exercise 

2 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

What's more likely brodoc: That DK Metcalf found an ultra secret way to run a 4.33 and perform at levels of measurable activities that no other natural human being on the planet can perform at with his body type with traps that separate from his body like Lou Ferrigno when he's angry? OR that he's just taking a ****ton of drugs? Wake up sheeple.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What's more likely brodoc: That DK Metcalf found an ultra secret way to run a 4.33 and perform at levels of measurable activities that no other natural human being on the planet can perform at with his body type with traps that separate from his body like Lou Ferrigno when he's angry? OR that he's just taking a ****ton of drugs? Wake up sheeple.

The former, and it's no longer a secret. It's called acai, broheim. #superfoods

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

PEDs used for athletes have absolutely nothing to do with steroids used for professional bodybuilders and the fact that you're basing any rebuttals off of said assumption means you don't know what you're talking about. The fact that you actually think PED's are used more for bulk and size than recovery is laughable.  I get that the knowitall contrarian routine is kind of your thing but you clearly have no background at all on this one. Listen more, talk less.

First of all I never mentioned any specifics or types of drugs in my post or anything about professional body builders. I just basically made general statements. I was not aware this kid bulked up over night and if he did then that's a different story.  You can discuss things without being a smart ass and claiming what I know and what I don't know and then claim its part of my personality like the complete dick that you are. 

What I was saying is when you do use steroids they are for quick repair which creates huge bulk very quickly with less rest. 

He's probably on PED's.  Maybe I'm being too presumptive, but I think most of the NFL is on PED's.

Most importantly, Metcalf has a checkered injury history and doesn't have the production considering his physical gifts.

It's not that I couldn't see him being a true #1, it's that his likelihood to bust is too high.  

A lot of Jets fan will be angry, but I think the safest player is QW @ 3.  I'd prefer to trade down and come away with say, Paris Campbell and Chris Lindstrom, but we might be stuck at 3.  

27 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Genetics, hard work, and drugs. It's pretty obvious.

I don't want to argue with you or draft this kid. How are you sure he's on PED's? Serious question. I don't want to accuse him if I'm not sure. He's not David Boston

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

7.38.3 cone is....troubling

I saw that.  He is more fast than quick but how many quick guys are 230 plus?   His medical history and lack of production are concerns.  I dont see taking him at 3 for those reasons. 

Gettleman says the player you take here should be a GOLD JACKET hall of fame guy but he may be injured too much to be a reliable contributor.  He may never get hurt again but his history suggests otherwise , and IMO makes him a bad risk

3 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I don't want to argue with you or draft this kid. How are you sure he's on PED's? Serious question. I don't want to accuse him if I'm not sure. He's not David Boston

Don't argue with him only he knows what really going on here and he will twist you're words to prove it. Then if that was not enough he will do you the wonderful service of explaining you're personality to you as well :)

2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I saw that.  He is more fast than quick but how many quick guys are 230 plus?   His medical history and lack of production are concerns.  I dont see taking him at 3 for those reasons. 

Gettleman says the player you take here should be a GOLD JACKET hall of fame guy but he may be injured too much to be a reliable contributor.  He may never get hurt again but his history suggests otherwise , and IMO makes him a bad risk

When they put cones on the football field we can worry about the 3 cone drill :) . Most NFL routes consist of one move and that.'s it.  I'll have to get approval from @RutgersJetFan on that but I.m pretty sure that's the case on anything other than a double move. Most great WR's have size the ability to get open and have the strength to beat a good corner at the LOS in bump and run . Im not sure the 3 cone has anything to do with what this kid is capable of cause on a WR screen hes not going to beat you with shifty crap hes going to run youre ass over or shove you aside with a stiff arm in youre face

12 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I don't want to argue with you or draft this kid. How are you sure he's on PED's?

Common sense. You don't get bigger and have your bodyfat drop or stay at the same level at the same time, and in the rarest of genetic anomalies where a person could, you certainly wouldn't get faster and more athletic for the insane measurables of the combine whilst doing so. On top of all of that, look at him. Occam's razor in full effect.

Ask yourself: Are we seeing a guy that is completely pushing the boundaries of human athletic performance and basic biology/physiology as we know it? Or is he probably just on some really great drugs? It should be bizarre that anyone would even consider the former but it's also worth noting that humans are a species that also thought drinking milk and bench pressing could have you looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger only like 2 decades ago.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

When they put cones on the football field we can worry about the 3 cone drill :) . Most NFL routes consist of one move and that.'s it.  I'll have to get approval from @RutgersJetFan on that but I.m pretty sure that's the case on anything other than a double move. Most great WR's have size the ability to get open and have the strength to beat a good corner at the LOS in bump and run . Im not sure the 3 cone has anything to do with what this kid is capable of cause on a WR screen hes not going to beat you with shifty crap hes going to run youre ass over or shove you aside with a stiff arm in youre face

My post was concerned about his medical history and lack of production at the college level but you ignore that?  

You are quick to dismiss the 3 cone but the NFL seems to think its important.  Maybe avoiding tacklers or blockers, or being elusive is more important than you think?   

Its true that if you arent elusive your only choice is to run away or run people over but possibly thats why he gets injured?  

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It should be bizarre that anyone would even consider the former but it's also worth noting that humans are a species that also thought drinking milk and bench pressing could have you looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger only like 2 decades ago.

You bitch at me then make a totally ridiculous statement like this ?  5 decades ago and no one thought anyone was doing it how you described above at any stage .

15 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

My post was concerned about his medical history and lack of production at the college level but you ignore that?  

You are quick to dismiss the 3 cone but the NFL seems to think its important.  Maybe avoiding tacklers or blockers, or being elusive is more important than you think?   

Its true that if you arent elusive your only choice is to run away or run people over but possibly thats why he gets injured?  

My first sentence was with a little sarcasm :) but when it comes to the 3 cone sure a smaller WR would benefit from the added quickness but a guy as big as Metcalf is probably not capable of the quickness a much smaller guy would display in that drill. So all I'm saying is in the case of Metcalf he would probably choose to run over a DB weighing 30 pounds less than try to out quick him. 

FWIW Calvin Johnson who was just as big and fast chose not to run the 3 cone. he ran a 4.4 at the combine and after 5 years in the NFL ran a 4.3. Johnson opted out of the 3 cones for a reason ... no way it had anything at all to do with his game.

http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=32991&draftyear=2007&genpos=WR

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Common sense. You don't get bigger and have your bodyfat drop or stay at the same level at the same time, and in the rarest of genetic anomalies where a person could, you certainly wouldn't get faster and more athletic for the insane measurables of the combine whilst doing so. On top of all of that, look at him. Occam's razor in full effect.

Ask yourself: Are we seeing a guy that is completely pushing the boundaries of human athletic performance and basic biology/physiology as we know it? Or is he probably just on some really great drugs? It should be bizarre that anyone would even consider the former but it's also worth noting that humans are a species that also thought drinking milk and bench pressing could have you looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger only like 2 decades ago.

I'm not arguing with you. I don't know the former numbers on him cause I only saw his combine workout and the thread here, so I'm no expert. I'll look it up. You can drop body fat and get bigger though with a protein based, no carb diet. Most of these guys are genetic freaks in general, he might just be more of one. I don't want to say he's a cheat unless I know but I'll look into it

1 minute ago, SayNoToDMC said:

You can drop body fat and get bigger though with a protein based, no carb diet. Most of these guys are genetic freaks in general, he might just be more of one. I don't want to say he's a cheat unless I know but I'll look into it

No you can't. No they're not. No he isn't. Yes he is.

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

No you can't. No they're not. No he isn't. Yes he is.

You can loose weight and gain muscle. Your body starts to run off  ketones, which breaks down fat  instead of glucose. I have a degree, granted it's for animals. I've done it myself and I love training/fighting like you, the energy from it actually feels better. I don't know why you're picking this hill to die on. You also don't think they're genetic freaks? I don't know why you're so passionate about trashing some kid none of us want at 3

11 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

You can loose weight and gain muscle. Your body starts to run off  ketones, which breaks down fat  instead of glucose. I have a degree, granted it's for animals. I've done it myself and I love training/fighting like you, the energy from it actually feels better. I don't know why you're picking this hill to die on. You also don't think they're genetic freaks? I don't know why you're so passionate about trashing some kid none of us want at 3

It's because this is how false information is spread like wildfire and people start believing that intermittent fasting will make you live to a thousand years old and look like Brad Pitt from Troy and why there are 150 f*cking cases of the measles in this country.

Sure, you can go into ketosis and try to lose a few extra lbs, which unless you're battling epilepsy or severe autism is pointless in my mind,  but you're not going to do so 2-3 standard deviations above the norm. Yes, this kid most likely has rare genetics, but yes he is also taking high-end, designer PEDs. These kids are battling for tens of millions, this is the reality. And no, I don't blame them one bit. I would 100% have done the same if I was in their shoes. 

54 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Well he never did in college.

56 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I'm not arguing with you. I don't know the former numbers on him cause I only saw his combine workout and the thread here, so I'm no expert. I'll look it up. You can drop body fat and get bigger though with a protein based, no carb diet. Most of these guys are genetic freaks in general, he might just be more of one. I don't want to say he's a cheat unless I know but I'll look into it

Dude obv has great gear lol. McGack should be heeled in the balls repeteadly if hes even considering drafting this kid at 1.3

29 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

It's because this is how false information is spread like wildfire and people start believing that intermittent fasting will make you live to a thousand years old and look like Brad Pitt from Troy and why there are 150 f*cking cases of the measles in this country.

Sure, you can go into ketosis and try to lose a few extra lbs, which unless you're battling epilepsy or severe autism is pointless in my mind,  but you're not going to do so 2-3 standard deviations above the norm. Yes, this kid most likely has rare genetics, but yes he is also taking high-end, designer PEDs. These kids are battling for tens of millions, this is the reality. And no, I don't blame them one bit. I would 100% have done the same if I was in their shoes. 

The problem that compounds this is people associate freak genetics with the entire package. Yes, his pectoral muscles look lovey and I’m sure plenty of that came from his dad, but a freak genetic liver that matches the gap between my gluteus and his to boot? Come on.

47 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

This is generally the hole to dig when it comes to this stuff. Just restate and accuse bias. Dying on a hill? Trashing? Hyperbolic much? I have no vested interest in D.K. Metcalf, who is clearly on substances, other than my favorite football team drafting him 3rd overall. Quite frankly it’s even more bizarre that more than one of you is actually butthurt about this. He’s here, he’s on gear, get over it.

13 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is generally the hole to dig when it comes to this stuff. Just restate and accuse bias. Dying on a hill? Trashing? Hyperbolic much? I have no vested interest in D.K. Metcalf, who is clearly on substances, other than my favorite football team drafting him 3rd overall. Quite frankly it’s even more bizarre that more than one of you is actually butthurt about this. He’s here, he’s on gear, get over it.

You win. I don't see the point in arguing since I'd pull my hair out if we took him at 3. I just disagree that he's a confirmed cheat

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

Stop looking at stats and watch his tape. I can tell by your comments that you haven't. You'll come to a different conclusion.

16 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Wrong

Archived