Raiders shopping Carr?

Anthony Jet

If I'm Mark Davis I"m asking him what's his Plan B. All very well to shop Carr, lets say he is traded, what are you going to do at the QB position then ?

This Gruden era at the moment has the feel of a monumental train wreck. Mack and Carr are guys you build around.

2 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

If I'm Mark Davis I"m asking him what's his Plan B. All very well to shop Carr, lets say he is traded, what are you going to do at the QB position then ?

This Gruden era at the moment has the feel of a monumental train wreck. Mack and Carr are guys you build around.

Couldn't happen to a nicer Franchise ?

Because Gruden signed a ten year contract he has so much time to rebuild the team. OAK ownership is pretty much held hostage.

Perhaps he builds draft capital for next year and finds his QB in the 2020 draft? If you see them adding picks for 2020- then you have your answer

9 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

This is the biggest shock since Liberace came out of the closet..

Gruden this guy is a one man disaster area. 

I don't know, my friend. I think I'd go with Gruden/Mayock over Macc.

Granted Gruden got rid of Mack and Cooper, but he saved a ton not paying Mack, and he got a nice return for both. Lets see what he does with those five 1st round picks the next two years...

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Carr hasnt been the same since he broke his leg then broke his back.  Damaged goods.  Smart move by gruden.

But what is out there?  None of the free agent qbs are better.  Haskins could be as a draft pick 

2 hours ago, Grandy said:

I think they're just estimating his value. Trading him would be idiotic 

The guy just posted over a 90 rating and 4k yards on a gutted team full of jags.

Exactly let's look at facts. 1.  Carr first  year in a new system ( Gruden's WCO) 

2. offense line was in shambles- what was suppose to be a strength due to rash of injuries was really bad .53 sacks they gave up with a Qb that has very quick release. Raiders changed their blocking scheme from man to zone blocking scheme.( dumbest thing ever)   The Raiders guards destroy guys in front of them, and really the new scheme doesn't fit their talent.   Neither guard was never really healthy last year.  Only guy was healthy was C Rodney Hudson can play in any blocking scheme. Started two rookies at tackle.    There third round draft choice Rt B Parker  was never suppose to play( Donald Penn was lost for the season very early)  b Parker suddenly the starter at Rt.   Not the division with the pass rushers that you want to start two raw rookies.

K Osemele after having one of the most dominating years in 2016 became a world traveler, and really didn't take his job seriously.    Well K Osemele is taking his job seriously this year as he is in the best shape of his career- lost a lot  of weight to fit the blocking scheme .( From 330 to 297pounds- probably 310 when season starts) 

3. gutted his Wr Corp.. Cut his favorite Wr before the season M Crabtree, and later traded Amari Cooper- Carr never trusted.

Carr numbers only get better in another year in the system . If they don't trade Osemele just need a Rt . (Stupid when they should have 90 million of cap space- a lot more when consider they will be going to Vegas in 2020( no state income tax) cost a lot less to sign a player as he brings more home.  Heck I might even look at Osemele for the Rt job.  ( played LT very well for the Ravens his last year with them- 35 7/8'arm length still Bp 36 times) .   Denzel Good did a nice job coming over from the Colts( offense line coach - cut him because he went home for a funeral death in family) at guard. 

Last year rookie LT K Miller should be a lot better in 2019.    Had no trouble with speed rush, but did have trouble with the power .  A year in weight room should correct that .problem.

1 hour ago, TheGoose said:

Gruden has a revenge agenda, and we’re all watching him slowly dismantle an entire organization. And he’s getting paid mega-bucks to do it.

This is great!

Yeah and while you're gloating about the Raiders and their five 1st round picks being "dismantled" the Jets go into year, what? 4 of their current rebuild? Or is it year 1 of our new rebuild of the old rebuild?

BTW I can go back and forth with you with the neg reps all day if you like. Or we can be adults. Your choice.

crazy, jets finally seem like they may have gotten there QB and there are rumblings of two young guys that have potential to be a long term solution available via trade, can’t recall any other time that guys with this potential where even remotely available 

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't know, my friend. I think I'd go with Gruden/Mayock over Macc.

Granted Gruden got rid of Mack and Cooper, but he saved a ton not paying Mack, and he got a nice return for both. Lets see what he does with those five 1st round picks the next two years...

Where Mayock should pay dividends is the late rounds, and the undrafted Fa's.   Working the draft all those years he built up a lot of college coaches sources.    

I like every defensive player they drafted last year  .  j Gruden didn't make those picks.  The Raiders DC Paul Guenther made those picks as he picked guys that fit his scheme.

J gruden is the last one you want picking your teams Qb.  He tried to convince the Raiders to take J Manziel  .( they took Carr instead)  His history is terrible drafting young Qbs- why it's beyond stupidity to let him make this decision.

21 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

This is the biggest shock since Liberace came out of the closet..

Gruden this guy is a one man disaster area. 

This

Gruden wants nothing to do with teaching a QB the basics of his extremely complicated system at times, he wants non stop Rich Gannon’s, 30 something journey man who doesn’t need to be taught protections, and how to read defenses.

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Where Mayock should pay dividends is the late rounds, and the undrafted Fa's.   Working the draft all those years he built up a lot of college coaches sources.    

I like every defensive player they drafted last year  .  j Gruden didn't make those picks.  The Raiders DC Paul Guenther made those picks as he picked guys that fit his scheme.

J gruden is the last one you want picking your teams Qb.  He tried to convince the Raiders to take J Manziel  .( they took Carr instead)  His history is terrible drafting young Qbs- why it's beyond stupidity to let him make this decision.

Its not the worst thing being bad at something, as long as you realize you're bad at it. LOL. Hopefully Gruden knows his strengths and weaknesses by now. The fact that he hired Mayock debunks the idea he is as ego driven and clueless as some here think.

I'll stick by what I said earlier, and build on it. Not only would I take Gruden/Mayock over Macc at GM, I'd trade places with the Raiders in a second. They have as much talent as us, are loaded with draft picks (the 5 #1s the next 2 years alone, omg), and have a ton of cap space. Yet Jets fans make fun of them and Gruden. I just don't get it.

There will be a small appetite for QBs in this Draft!  It's already shaping up that the Broncos (Flacco), Jags (Foles), Giants or Redskins (Rosen), etc. will have QBs before the Draft.  I think the Cardinals take Murray and Raiders take Haskins.  Nobody is trading up.  JMHO.

Recap of 2018 Raiders.

Beginning of season: Team stacked with talent.

Enter Gruden, stage left. Unloads all the talent.

December: Gruden convinces Davis that Reggie McKenzie should be fired for lack of talent on the roster.

Shame we gave Macc another year. Would've been great to get Reggie.

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

But what is out there?  None of the free agent qbs are better.  Haskins could be as a draft pick 

Gruden can tank next season and use the first overall pick on the quarterback he likes best (supposedly the top two quarterbacks in the 2020 class are much better than anything in this season's draft class).

The sole Raiders fan I know thinks Carr is massively overrated so he would be all for Gruden selling Carr off for picks.

5 hours ago, The Walrus said:

Agreed but you forgot Cooper too.

42 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There will be a small appetite for QBs in this Draft!  It's already shaping up that the Broncos (Flacco), Jags (Foles), Giants or Redskins (Rosen), etc. will have QBs before the Draft.  I think the Cardinals take Murray and Raiders take Haskins.  Nobody is trading up.  JMHO.

Sadly you may very well be correct. I want us to pick up extra picks so badly.

Gruden already has 3 1st rd picks this draft, he may get a 4th... this draft is stacked with defensive front & WR talent... He'll be able to draft "His" type of players to replace those he jettisoned last season.  Also those 3 possibly 4 1st rounders will be playing under rookie contracts for at least 4 or possibly a 5 yrs... I'll be very interested to see how it plays out for him.   

The reason the Gruden is shopping Carr is this.  He will be traded..  He has no intention of being competitive for the next few years.  That's why he dumped Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper.  He totally stripped the roster of high priced players and the purge will continue with Carr. 

He figures by the time he gets to Vegas he'll have a roster full of young high draft picked players.  He can then construct the roster "in his image", just like any other despot. The move to hire Mayock, is in theory a good one.  If he listens to him and drafts accordingly, they may prosper.  If he doesn't and comports himself as the expert in all things football, which he fancies himself as, then it will fail.  This could work or be a ten year plan.  Time will tell.

Gruden signed for 10 years with the Raiders and in his first year he traded away both Mack and Cooper for a bunch of draft picks. Now in his 2nd year it looks like he wants to see the value of his QB Derek Carr. It seems like Gruden wants to build this team with his guys. With those picks, he can do whatever he wants with those picks. He can trade for more picks in future drafts to build his team or pick the players. Gruden has a plan set that he created, is QB Derek Carr part of the plan nobody knows but him. But he will check for Carr's value and see what team's will offer him. 

How long will it take for Gruden to build his team???

27 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The reason the Gruden is shopping Carr is this.  He will be traded..  He has no intention of being competitive for the next few years.  That's why he dumped Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper.  He totally stripped the roster of high priced players and the purge will continue with Carr. 

He figures by the time he gets to Vegas he'll have a roster full of young high draft picked players.  He can then construct the roster "in his image", just like any other despot. The move to hire Mayock, is in theory a good one.  If he listens to him and drafts accordingly, they may prosper.  If he doesn't and comports himself as the expert in all things football, which he fancies himself as, then it will fail.  This could work or be a ten year plan.  Time will tell.

I agree & disagree with what you said, I agree that he wants "His" players but I disagree that it will take 5yrs to do that,  with this draft alone he can replace those players he got rid of... this draft is stacked with defensive front & WR talent, exactly what he needs.

For years its been said here and everywhere else, a new Coach/GM should be able to draft his own QB if he’s not crazy about the one he inherited. Suddenly with Gruden and KK to some extent, this is looked at as proof of incompetence.

My feeling is we’d love to be in the Raiders position. The 5 1st round picks the next two years, Mayock over Macc, and about the same cap space. 

Whether Carr or Rosen get traded, they’re both valuable assts. Why not test the water on both? If Carr ends up staying he’ll be fine, and if Kk feels Rosen can play in some version of his offense, he’ll put up off the chart numbers like everyone in that system does.

31 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I agree & disagree with what you said, I agree that he wants "His" players but I disagree that it will take 5yrs to do that,  with this draft alone he can replace those players he got rid of... this draft is stacked with defensive front & WR talent, exactly what he needs.

I didn't say five years, I just said the next few years. The Raiders will be in Las Vegas for the 2020 season.  I think the expectation is to make them competitive for the following season 2021.  That would be year four.  The first year, the euphoria of a new team will give him a pass on being competitive.  The second year is the target, when the fan base will want to see some "real" football.

Archived