Raiders shopping Carr?

Anthony Jet

44 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I didn't say five years, I just said the next few years. The Raiders will be in Las Vegas for the 2020 season.  I think the expectation is to make them competitive for the following season 2021.  That would be year four.  The first year, the euphoria of a new team will give him a pass on being competitive.  The second year is the target, when the fan base will want to see some "real" football.

I still think if they draft well & those players live up to the hype there is no reason why they can't be competitive this year.

4 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I still think if they draft well & those players live up to the hype there is no reason why they can't be competitive this year.

The Raiders have four picks in the first 35 picks this year.  Numbers 4, 24, 27, and 35. In 2018 , the Cleveland Browns had picks #'s 1, 4. 33, and 35. That followed the 2017 draft where they had picks #'s 1, 25, 29,  and 52.  That's eight premium picks in the first 52 picks covering two drafts.  That's even more than the Raiders could hope for.  Still in spite of this bonanza the Browns were 7-9 this year.  After two drafts.  To expect similar results from a woebegone Raiders team in one year is a reach, in my opinion. Four rookies, no matter how good are not going to bring them to respectability in one short season.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The Raiders have four picks in the first 35 picks this year.  Numbers 4, 24, 27, and 35. In 2018 , the Cleveland Browns had picks #'s 1, 4. 33, and 35. That followed the 2017 draft where they had picks #'s 1, 25, 29,  and 52.  That's eight premium picks in the first 52 picks covering two drafts.  That's even more than the Raiders could hope for.  Still in spite of this bonanza the Browns were 7-9 this year.  After two drafts.  To expect similar results from a woebegone Raiders team in one year is a reach, in my opinion. Four rookies, no matter how good are not going to bring them to respectability in one short season.

Well... I think you stated the Main reason behind that... "the Browns" :) John Dorsey coming in last year WiIl make the Browns competitive, I see them doing very well in the near future … Again it's All dependent on who the Raiders draft & if they live up to their potential, if so, I don't see Any reason why they will not be competitive This year.

ps - Gruden, imo, is hands down a better HQ than Hugh Jackson.... I think Mayock will do well with the Raiders but the jury is still out.

pps- If Jackson had started Mayfield day 1 the Browns Would have been in the playoffs... Hue is just a Terrible HC.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah and while you're gloating about the Raiders and their five 1st round picks being "dismantled" the Jets go into year, what? 4 of their current rebuild? Or is it year 1 of our new rebuild of the old rebuild?

BTW I can go back and forth with you with the neg reps all day if you like. Or we can be adults. Your choice.

Oh I see you make a habit out of this... LMAO WHAT A BABY!!! HAHAHAAHA

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Recap of 2018 Raiders.

Beginning of season: Team stacked with talent.

Enter Gruden, stage left. Unloads all the talent.

December: Gruden convinces Davis that Reggie McKenzie should be fired for lack of talent on the roster.

Shame we gave Macc another year. Would've been great to get Reggie.

Nailed it, Gruden is a a grade A idiot.

So he traded the best edge rusher in the NFL. He traded a #1 wide receiver, and perhaps even a top 10-15 QB. It's all good because this draft will have players equally as good and none will bust..

If he was in Greenbay he'd trade Rogers because he can, the guys a tool.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Carr hasnt been the same since he broke his leg then broke his back.  Damaged goods.  Smart move by gruden.

Broken leg and a injured shoulder.

Somehow he managed his best statistical season in 2018 though.  A 69% comp, over 4K yds, 19 TDS, 10 INTS and a QR of 94.  Damaged goods?  Idiot HC who has never developed a young QB.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Agreed but you forgot Cooper too.

Raiders moved Amari Cooper because he has the same agent as Khalil Mack . Expect a holdout from Amari Cooper till the Cowboys give him an extension.( not going to play under the fifth year option.    The Cowboys gave up a first rounder , and they have to find a way to give him his extension,

carr isn't as good as his stats seem to indicate.  it's kind of like when parcells came to the jets and had issues with odonnell.  not that odonnell was any great shakes as a qb but parcells dumped him pretty darn quick for glenn foley. but getting back to gruden, when did he ever develop a young qb? when he was with the raiders previous he had rich gannon.  gannon was pretty much picked up off the scrap heap.  and in tampa he had rod johnson.  another guy who was a very average qb.  so it's hard to see gruden working well with a rookie qb.

7 hours ago, Hitman Harris said:

Oh I see you make a habit out of this... LMAO WHAT A BABY!!! HAHAHAAHA

Yeah I kinda do. I don't have a lot of patience dealing with people like you.

I post quite often on this site. I enjoy the back and forth with other posters and I'm not afraid to state a contrary opinion. If someone disagrees with me, I'll engage them in a civil manner, and even if we continue to disagree, I'll make it a point to acknowledge any valid points they've made, or let them know I respect their opinion.

I NEVER butt fumble anyone, unless they give me what I call "fly by" reps. I think it's a sign of cowardice, or acknowledgement by the person they lack the intelligence to argue a point. Its my view that if you, or say @TheGoose don't have the guts or intelligence to engage people about a post you disagree with that strongly, and just go through a thread giving BFs, I'm going to look for your prior posts and do the same to you.

It's especially annoying when someone does what you did last night. You don't post for months, then go into a weeks old thread and BF a bunch of posts without ever opining on anything. A the topic isn't relevant or active anymore. B. the people you BF are whistling in a grave yard if they try to defend their opinion in a thread that isn't active.

Finally, the snarky post you DID make here. I've just taken the time to explain how I regard people like you for not stating their opinion. Now that I've seen your posting "style" it confirms those feelings.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

13 hours ago, rammagen said:

I kind of hope so . that means the card and raiders may want qbs which means the giants and the fins. I can see Jax making a move on carr

Carr isn't going anywhere.   He still only 27 years old, and R Gannon was 31 years old when the Raiders signed him in free agency.

Here is a Gruden fact. He prefers older veteran players , over young players.   It isn't easy be a rookie Qb , and playing for J Gruden.    You better be mental tough, and be able to handle the verbal abuse that come with it.   He doesn't have the patience to go through the process of developing a young Qb. 

D Carr if he didn't get hurt in 2016 had chance to be the league Mvp .   The Raiders brought a new offensive coordinator in in 2017, and had new one in 2018.        It takes at least two years in the same system before you see the results. ( feel comfortable)   Carr in the second season in Gruden's offense will only get better.     Numbers were pretty good in 2018, but will be much better in 2019.

The Raiders have problems , but Qb is the least of them.

Some of the things that make no sense.   K Osemele is 30 in the best shape of his career. Yet the Raiders want to trade him, but they want to bring back M Lynch to be the main RB at 33.       I don't care if it's a Pr move( he's from Oakland ) it's time to do what's best for the organization,   Get a young RB to be the main ball carrier.

13 hours ago, rammagen said:

I kind of hope so . that means the card and raiders may want qbs which means the giants and the fins. I can see Jax making a move on carr

Carr isn't going anywhere.   He still only 27 years old, and R Gannon was 31 years old when the Raiders signed him in free agency.

Here is a Gruden fact. He prefers older veteran players , over young players.   It isn't easy be a rookie Qb , and playing for J Gruden.    You better be mental tough, and be able to handle the verbal abuse that come with it.   He doesn't have the patience to go through the process of developing a young Qb. 

D Carr if he didn't get hurt in 2016 had chance to be the league Mvp if he didn't get hurt.   The Raiders brought a new offensive coordinator in in 2017, and had new one in 2018.        It takes at least two years in the same system before you see the results.    Carr in the second season in Gruden's offense will only get better.     Numbers were pretty good in 2018, but will be much better in 2019.

Some of the things hat make no sense.   K Osemele is 30 in the best shape of his career. Yet the Raiders want to trade him, but you want to bring back M Lynch to be the main RB at 33.       I don't care if it's a Pr move( he's from Oakland ) it's time to do what's best for the organization,   Get a young RB to be the main ball carrier.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Somehow he managed his best statistical season in 2018 though.  A 69% comp, over 4K yds, 19 TDS, 10 INTS and a QR of 94.  Damaged goods?  Idiot HC who has never developed a young QB.  

Derek Carr was awful last year.  You can put up all the stats you want.  He stinks.  Hes never been the same after the injuries.

Amari cooper looked like the second coming of jerry rice without carr.

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Derek Carr was awful last year.  You can put up all the stats you want.  He stinks.  Hes never been the same after the injuries.

Again he put those stats up in a new offense, injury ravaged offense line - 53 sacks they gave up to.( A Qb very hard to get to) , and took his best two Wr's away.    Not to mention very young defense that couldn't stop anyone. 

Everyone entitled to their opinion , and we will see if your opinion changes after your defense plays against him this year.

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Was he great?  Nope.  Was he awful?  Nope.  Are you giving the usual over the top review of a player.  Yup. 

The idea that Murray or Haskins is a better option is comical.

I get teams like Jacksonville, Washington, and even the Giants pursuing a QBs this year- but dumping Carr makes no sense in 2019 for Oak.  There are no options out there that are clearly better than Carr.  Murray, Haskins, Foles, and Rosen are all risks and none are a no brainer over Carr.  In 2020, there will be a great class of QBs including Tua.  I would think the smart thing would be to give Carr another year, and then trade up in 2020 for an option with a better chance to be superior.  Anyway, hopefully this rumor is true, because more teams in the QB market help our chances to get a solid return on the #3 pick.

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders moved Amari Cooper because he has the same agent as Khalil Mack . Expect a holdout from Amari Cooper till the Cowboys give him an extension.( not going to play under the fifth year option.    The Cowboys gave up a first rounder , and they have to find a way to give him his extension,

They will. I heard that during the draft this year, when the Raiders are on the clock with the Boy's #1 pick, the Cowboys will be watching a highlite film of Cooper with the Boys last year.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jet Life Stadium said:

I get teams like Jacksonville, Washington, and even the Giants pursuing a QBs this year- but dumping Carr makes no sense in 2019 for Oak.  There are no options out there that are clearly better than Carr.  Murray, Haskins, Foles, and Rosen are all risks and none are a no brainer over Carr.  In 2020, there will be a great class of QBs including Tua.  I would think the smart thing would be to give Carr another year, and then trade up in 2020 for an option with a better chance to be superior.  Anyway, hopefully this rumor is true, because more teams in the QB market help our chances to get a solid return on the #3 pick.

Good post.  Here's a couple of things.  Oakland is going to tank this year.  There is no reason for them to win games.  They go to Vegas next year, so any damage done to the "brand" for stinking it up this year, does not exist. Looks like Gruden's sole focus right now is to accumulate draft picks.  If he can get a good one for Carr, he is  gone.  A 28 year old Carr with 4 years of control with a fairly reasonable contract, is worth more than a 29 year old Carr with three. Especially with a weak QB draft, and limited free agent choices.

Tua Tagovaiola  is most likely the overall #1 next season.  If Gruden wants him, the best route is to be the worst team this year.  It is unlikely a similar team with a similar need, will allow him to "trade up" if they control the 2020 #1 pick, no matter how much the Raiders offer. Gruden will be loathe to trade all of his "hard earned picks to get there anyway.  Losing now for him is the best option.  It also seems like his "Best Laid Plan".

20 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

D Carr if he didn't get hurt in 2016 had chance to be the league Mvp if he didn't get hurt.   The Raiders brought a new offensive coordinator in in 2017, and had new one in 2018.        It takes at least two years in the same system before you see the results.    Carr in the second season in Gruden's offense will only get better.     Numbers were pretty good in 2018, but will be much better in 2019.

Some of the things hat make no sense.   K Osemele is 30 in the best shape of his career. Yet the Raiders want to trade him, but you want to bring back M Lynch to be the main RB at 33.       I don't care if it's a Pr move( he's from Oakland ) it's time to do what's best for the organization,   Get a young RB to be the main ball carrier.

I dont care about gruden facts or your facts or reply. It is pretty simple  a fact though This a Jet board and I was responding to the rumor and I would be happy to see it happen as it means it helps the Jets if they want to trade. pretty simple huh. No pl;ease stop getting all defensive what do you expect coming into a Jet board and looking at this thread? I honestly dont care what the raiders do or dont do.

22 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Carr was a Captain Checkdown the entire season hence the high completion percentage

That said I don’t see any better options available to the raiders

20 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Again he put those stats up in a new offense, injury ravaged offense line - 53 sacks they gave up to.( A Qb very hard to get to) , and took his best two Wr's away.    Not to mention very young defense that couldn't stop anyone. 

Everyone entitled to their opinion , and we will see if your opinion changes after your defense plays against him this year.

Look at this poor bastard. 

Also, Gruden gets his $100 mil no matter what and doesn’t want to coach anymore, so he’s trying to get fired. He’ll be back in the MNF booth after next season and Mark Davis will still be a weird, bologna-chewing failson.