Dcat

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/4/2019 at 8:23 PM, Dcat said:

Browns? You must be Villain's alter ego.

i think last year was the first year i haven't been the browns in a while. My dad and brother are die hard brownies, so i've often defaulted to them in this game. 

Sarge4Tide will be drafting for both the Saints and the Seahawks. 

The Saints only have 5 picks with no 1st, 3rd or 4th rounders.  The Seahawks also only have 5 picks with no 2nd or 6th rounders.  Together, the 10 total picks will be like a full mock.

We still have Vikings, Rams, Cowboys, Dolphins and Chargers left. 

@Patriot Killa @IndianaJet @Matt39 @BroadwayRay @King P @Miss Lonelyhearts

I put the 6 screen names above into a Jets' winter hat.  I asked my son to select one from the hat.  Couldn't think of a better way to do this.

The winner is:  @Patriot Killa  You now have the Jets.

@T0mShane , I'm giving you the Giants since Patriot Killa will now draft for the Jets.

That puts Houston back into the pool.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I put the 6 screen names above into a Jets' winter hat.  I asked my son to select one from the hat.  Couldn't think of a better way to do this.

@T0mShane , I'm giving you the Giants since Patriot Killa will now draft for the Jets.

I sense some Patrick Ewing frozen envelope shenanigans

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Sweet. A little torn, though, because I know hackballs @Patriot Killa is going to waste that pick. 

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I sense some Patrick Ewing frozen envelope shenanigans

God I remember that Ewing lottery so vividly.  It seemed so overly coincidental.  Never forget DeBusschere reacting to David Stern pulling that 'frozen' envelope.  1985   almost 34 years ago,

37 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Too bad we can’t make player trades in a JN Mock. I know how bad T0m wants me to send him Jamal Adams lol.

With the ninety better safeties on the street begging to take a cut rate free agent deal? Plz. Keep Marlon Wayans.

So, I am on Facebook the other day, in an NFL draft group that I have ignored for most of the past year.  There is a guy running a mock and he needs someone to pick for the Jets, so I jumped in.  Mock started yesterday.  They allow trades of players and picks.  The guy running it claims he only approves trades that are realistic.  Not even through 10 picks yet.  Kahlil Mack is now a 49er.  Baker Mayfield to the Redskins.  Darius Leonard a Bronco.  Nick Chubb to the Chargers.  Lesean McCoy to the Packers.  This is f**king insane.  

I picked Jawaan Taylor at 3 for the Jets (I know, a reach but I have been preaching OL all offseason and wanted to practice what I preach) and lost interest.  Had to vent somewhere since everyone on that site seems to think their mock is the greatest thing on the internet.  Gonna stick to the JN mock.

22 hours ago, Lith said:

So, I am on Facebook the other day, in an NFL draft group that I have ignored for most of the past year.  There is a guy running a mock and he needs someone to pick for the Jets, so I jumped in.  Mock started yesterday.  They allow trades of players and picks.  The guy running it claims he only approves trades that are realistic.  Not even through 10 picks yet.  Kahlil Mack is now a 49er.  Baker Mayfield to the Redskins.  Darius Leonard a Bronco.  Nick Chubb to the Chargers.  Lesean McCoy to the Packers.  This is f**king insane.  

I picked Jawaan Taylor at 3 for the Jets (I know, a reach but I have been preaching OL all offseason and wanted to practice what I preach) and lost interest.  Had to vent somewhere since everyone on that site seems to think their mock is the greatest thing on the internet.  Gonna stick to the JN mock.

Lmao. Sounds realistic 

23 hours ago, Lith said:

I tried that one last year (assuming it's the same one you recommended).  I thought the whole thing was just off-center and I dropped out early.  But these 1st round trades of Mack, Mayfield and Chubb are just stupidly unrealistic.  Waste of everyone's time.  Especially Mack.  The Bears gave him a signing bonus of $34 million with a preliminary total of $60 million guaranteed.  Trading him would put the Bears out of business cap-wise for 2019.  The Bears would incur a minimum cap hit of $28,333,000 this year due to the escalation of the rest of the amortized balance of the signing bonus. 

I'm glad we don't allow active player trades here.  It would require everyone to be realistic about cap hits and acceleration of past bonus money, etc.  And of course, very few people would bother researching contracts.  Instead of fun, the mock would be work and unsatisfying due to being totally unrealistic.

Archived