Duke Johnson drawing trade interest

Patriot Killa

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Sooooooooo how long before the breaking news about Duke Johnson caught doing X? Seems more then half the time these guys get put on the trade block something off field related follows.

Well they did just sign Kareem Hunt and have Nick Chubb already.

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Sooooooooo how long before the breaking news about Duke Johnson caught doing X? Seems more then half the time these guys get put on the trade block something off field related follows.

I think he is being traded since they have Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt.  The rumors started when they had signed Hunt.

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Ugh it’s always annoying to see all these names that the jets passed on in pay drafts. 

Like Decastro and we took Coples 

like duke johnson and we traded down and took Mauldin

terrell Suggs and we took dewayne Robertson 

Like the time we passed on Ereck Flowers and took Leonard Williams

Like the time we took Sam Darnold and the Cards got Josh Rosen. 

You could play this stupid game with every team. Every time you pick, there is a very good chance that one of the 5-10-20 players taken after you pick will turn out to be much better than the guy you take. 

I hope we want nothing to do with him! Can we just sign studs & stop trying to win with Jags? Is Duke Johnson an upgrade from McGuire? I don't know? Is Le'veon Bell an upgrade over McGuire? Hells yes! 

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You could play this stupid game with every team. Every time you pick, there is a very good chance that one of the 5-10-20 players taken after you pick will turn out to be much better than the guy you take. 

Yes I know I know. It’s just these were guys that the casual fan could’ve hit. Literally. Sitting on my couch at home flabbergasted with the ones I mentioned. Then I talk myself into the pick we took and then 10 years later the team is hollowed out because of so many misses stacked up. But yeah it seems we’re finally picking some good long term pieces.

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

I hope we want nothing to do with him! Can we just sign studs & stop trying to win with Jags? Is Duke Johnson an upgrade from McGuire? I don't know? Is Le'veon Bell an upgrade over McGuire? Hells yes! 

He is obsessed with getting "a deal" and too stubborn to realize that the market--not he--defines value. That approach is well and good for most of the roster but you need to complement it by making some big bets where you go out and get your guy. I don't think Macc is fully self-confident in his own scouting and judging by his drafts, he has good reason not to be. He's managing scared and not to lose--avoiding the big mistake at all costs but also reducing upside to basically nil.

It's as if John Idzik and Todd Bowles had a baby and instead of getting Arnold Schwartzenegger, we got Danny DeVito.

I was going to say the best thing about Duke Johnson was his name until I caught myself.  Actually an intriguing thought.  Excellent receiver out of the backfield.  Adam Gase would have a blast using his tools.  So would Sam.  Not a bad contract either with three years remaining. With at least three potential suitors, the price could be prohibitive.  Not sure the Browns want to deal with the Jets.  Most likely won't happen.

14 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I commend you for trying. I stopped trying months ago.

17 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

lol. I hear ya but the Jets are a bit lopsided toward the negative in this regard. I can remember being in the draft chat that year with so many screaming for Duke.  Let's hope we are turning a corner with our drafting capabilities. Macc is on his 5th and last year was the most solid yet so there is hope.  OL OL and OL are big positions of need this year! :)  

52 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol. I hear ya but the Jets are a bit lopsided toward the negative in this regard. I can remember being in the draft chat that year with so many screaming for Duke.  Let's hope we are turning a corner with our drafting capabilities. Macc is on his 5th and last year was the most solid yet so there is hope.  OL OL and OL are big positions of need this year! :)  

I am not going to defend the Jets draft picks, especially the mid round ones. But I don't really have a problem passing on Duke Johnson. A few picks later the Cards took David Johnson. That's the one that got away.  

As for Macc, I see progress. I think for him to nail this draft he will need to find a way to trade down and stock up on picks in the 2-4th rounds. We can fill some other holes via free agency and be a playoff caliber team this year. I

As a Canes fan I can tell you, if used correctly Duke Johnson would be a great addition as a change of pace back. He is very shifty and catches the ball well coming out of the backfield. He definitely would be a great outlet for Sam and is a very dangerous runner in the open field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am not going to defend the Jets draft picks, especially the mid round ones. But I don't really have a problem passing on Duke Johnson. A few picks later the Cards took David Johnson. That's the one that got away.  

As for Macc, I see progress. I think for him to nail this draft he will need to find a way to trade down and stock up on picks in the 2-4th rounds. We can fill some other holes via free agency and be a playoff caliber team this year. I

I agree with what you're saying about the trade back. If Macc can pull that off it's a really good start to the process. Then we just have the picks. I feel like the sense of urgency and not having to find guys for Bowles D will help him make wiser choices. That's how I see it.

It's unfortunate the year we are looking to trade back, there happens to be a larger number of quality QB's available than usual. Last year it was all Cousins with with a second teir of Tyrod, Keenum and Teddy being really the next guys and TB was a major question mark.  This year we have Foles, Flacco and Rosen (two SB winning Qb's and a high 1st rd pick last year) and then the next teir with Bridgewater after a nice healthy year, Tannehill, Semien, Tyrod Taylor and Osweiler. Even Keenum may be out there.  I would add McCown to the mix, but he doesn't really apply. lol

With the QB class being limited and not all that exciting, I can see more teams settling for a stop gap until next tears draft with the top 3 guys filling the needs of our potential trading partners. The Jags were the top choice imo. They will nab Foles and be done. The Jints or Skins may take Rosen and the Broncos took Flacco. That hurts our chances. There's also the very real possibility of someone trading with the niners anyway. I'm hoping Bosa makes it to us so that at least could attract a trade partner for a non QB. DK having an amazing combine helps too. Who knows? 

Anyway, it does seem like it will be difficult to pull the trade back off this year.  

If we look at the Jets 2016 draft year it would seem the smart money would be on trading away all our picks and sticking with UFAs.

Unfortunately past results may not be indicative of future prospects. 

Any one of you might be correct in each instance but the smart money is on tripling up at each position. If you assume we will miss on 66% of our prospects you will probably be right. 

We can go the standard way and hope to get lucky every 20 years or so. That's what most teams do. 

Archived