Part 2 Of My WR In The 2019 NFL Draft

Tony The Wiz

Hello Again Jet Fans. This list are for the late round receivers or free agents. There could be a gem or two or three that can be on this list.  So here we go. Continued from my first list.  But Before I do that I like to explain when I say the round I mean the Round I would draft them and the round their talent deserves. Now we all know you can't have 60 players going in the first round. So thank you for the confusion. 

29. PRESTON WILLIAMS - COLORADO ST. -  A nice big receiver who had a wonderful year this year. He was a big high school recruit whose stats deserved looking at. He is another big receiver, 6:3 1/2 210LBS who caught 96 receptions for 1345 YDS.  His projection speed is 4:60.  Early 5th but could go earlier if he has under 4:50.

30. DIONTAE JOHNSON - TOLEDO -  1ST TEAM ALL MAC .  And for a reason. He was an excellent receiver but he can return punts and Kickoffs. He had a decent Combine as he ran a good 4:53 and 33.5 Vertical at 5:10 1/2.  Another player who could move up.  Right now  Early 5th but could go in the 4th.

31. JAZZ FERGUSON  - NORTHWESTERN ST. - A Small college guy who has a lot of talent.  He is another big receiver at 6:5 225LBS. This is a receiver that may surprise. He started with LSU and transfered out. So we know he has big time talent.  He had a good year and at the Combine he ran a 4:45 and a nice 37 Vertical. But don't tell him to lift weights since he only did 8 reps at his weight.       Mid 5TH 

32.  JAKOBI MEYERS(The Law Firm)  -  NORTH CAROLINA ST. -  Really nice year by this receiver. He had 92 receptions and 1047 yards.  He is a short route possession type of receiver and it showed with his 11.4 per catch average. He is a good blocker and route runner with good hands. His projected speed is 4:55 but he don't look the part on the field. His Pro day will be important.                                     Late 5th Early 6th

33. TRAVIS FULGHAM - OLD DOMINION - Travis had a nice year this year and was 1st team all Conference USA. He caught 63 receptions and almost 1100 Yards and 9TDS which earned him to attend The Combine. There he ran a average 4:58 but did have a Vertical of 36.5 and a broad jump of 126. So he maybe faster. If he could run under 4:50 on his pro day he may improve his stock. And he is another big receiver at 6:2 1/2.  He is intriuging to me. He could be a sleeper.   Late 5th early  6th Round 

34.  DEMARKUS LODGE - MISSISSIPPI -  Yes he has been overshadowed by his two teammates but Demarkus is no slouch.  He was a big time high school recruit as he was rated number 6 at his position. One was Calvin Ridley and three was Christian Kirk. He was 1 spot above Preston Williams who I just reviewed. At the Combine he ran a so so 4:55 and a 33.5 Vertical at 6:2 205LBS. But he can have this on DK as his 3 cone drill was 7.06 to DK not good 7.38..   6th Round

35. ANTOINE WESLEY - TEXAS TECH -  Antoine at the beginning of the year looked like all world but for him and Texas Tech their three QBS went down. He is another big receiver.  THIS IS A BIG RECEIVER DRAFT. How many are taller than 6:1.?!!   Antoine is 6:5 and 185LBS so he needs to gain some weight.  But let us look at his only 12 game stats since they didn't go to a bowl game. He had 88 receptions and 1400 yards and 9 TDS.  Imagine if he had his first string QB all year.  At the Combine he didn't run but his Vertical is 37" and his broad jump was 117".     I REALLY LIKE HIM.    His Pro Day will be important.  At that weight he should run well. The weight is what bothers me and if he does gain 30 Pounds how would that affect his speed.     6th Round for now.

36. JAYLEN SMITH - LOUISVILLE -  Jaylen got hurt because of his teams QB play. It was dreadful but last year he had near 1000 yards receiving. He had a nice combine running a nice 4:47 and a Vertical of 34.5 but his 3 cone drill was terrible at 7.55..   He has nice size at 6:2 1/2 and 220 Lbs. We shall see when he gets to the NFL.   7th round 

37. JALEN HURD - BAYLOR -   We all know his story by now. Transferred from Tennessee as a RB to Baylor to play WR. This is the problem with Jalen. I can't see him playing wide receiver. He has speed but not downfield burst of speed. His route running wasn't good but what he does do good is shed tacklers. Looking at his height and rememberig what his weight used to be I see him as a better Tight End. I know that he would be changing positions again but this is my opinion.   Remember he is 6:5 226Lbs now but he easily can put on 20 LBS and would be an Awsome Tight End.  And his hands size is 10 1/4    NFL CHANGE JALEN TO TIGHT END.

38. TYRON JOHNSON - OKLAHOMA ST. - Another big time high school recruit as he was ranked 5 ahead of Lodge and Williams.  He  had an alright year with 53 catches and 840 YDS but the wide receiver on the other side of him, Tylan Wallace is one of the best receivers in college. So you know why his numbers weren't better. But he is a quality receiver and good size 6:1 195LBS.    7TH ROUND     FREE AGENT

39. FELTON DAVIS - MICHIGAN ST. - Have to put this receiver on my list. First of all he had a season ending injury which preventing him from being in the top 20 receivers. At the time of the injury he had 31 receptions for 474 Yards in 6 games. Michigan St. was not the same when he and LJ. Scott got hurt.  First he is another big receiver at 6:3 1/2 and 212LBS and with really big hands at 10 1/4. He showed he could even go down field beside the short game. I really like him and heard he is a great guy. His Pro Day will be big for him if he runs the Forty well. He could move up the draft if healthy.       7Th ROUND OR FREE AGENT

40.  JOHNNIE DIXON - OHIO ST. - Another big time high school recruit who landed on Ohio St. A nice receiver who can play the slot and have the speed to burn. He ran a 4:41 at the combine and followed it up with a 37.5 Vertical.   He is 5:10 and 200LBS but nice size hands for that height at 9 5/8. He will be dangerous for a safety to cover. 7TH RD 

SO THERE YOU HAVE PART 2 AND MY 40 TOP RECEIVERS IN THIS DRAFT

Like I said 34 was the most wideouts drafted in the last 4 years but I really feel it will be around 37 to 38.  Just too much quality. But Before I go I have to mention My sleepers that should go to a camp and really surprise and make the team.   Here are my five.

1. XAVIER UBOSI - UAB    His bowl game was incredible and he dominated. Reason he wasn't noticed this year was an injured QB.

2. PAPI WHITE - OHIO -  He plays in the Mac for Ohio and he is a pain in the neck to cover from the slot.  62 Rec and almost 1000 YDS  1ST Team all MAC 

3. OLAMIDE ZACCHEAUS  -  VIRGINIA  -  This guy is a player.  Reason he is not on my list is he is 5:8. He doesn't have Dortch speed but he catches everything.                        He is one of my favorite players in colllege football.

4. JESPER HORSTEAD - PRINCETON - 1ST Team all Conference and was invited to the East West Shrine game.  He is 6:4 220LBS

5. VENTELL BRYANT - TEMPLE -   Hey Jet fans there is another receiver we should get into camp. He is 6:3 200 LBS and makes receptions everywhere on the field.                    

Thank You For Your Time

You completely left out Cody Thompson of Toledo. 

4.03 20 yard shuttle (T-1st/All WR)

11.39 60 yard shuttle (t-1st/All WR)

6.87 3-cone drill (4th/All WR)

38.5 Vertical (t-7th/All WR)

119in broad jump

4.57 40

Also, 6th best Sparq score of all WR's. Also he put up a lot more production than Diontae Johnson (ranked 30 in your ratings) throughout his career at toledo

25 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

You completely left out Cody Thompson of Toledo. 

4.03 20 yard shuttle (T-1st/All WR)

11.39 60 yard shuttle (t-1st/All WR)

6.87 3-cone drill (4th/All WR)

38.5 Vertical (t-7th/All WR)

119in broad jump

4.57 40

Also, 6th best Sparq score of all WR's. Also he put up a lot more production than Diontae Johnson (ranked 30 in your ratings) throughout his career at toledo

You always miss one and yes this is the one. I agree I was putting him on my list and just forgot about him . In fact his southmore year was incredible that year and then he got injured in his junior year. So this year he was on the comeback from that broken leg. But yes he should be included on this list.  

Archived