TE dept. - Austin Seferian-Jenkins back to the jets ? ? ?

kelly

Why a Jets reunion with Austin Seferian-Jenkins makes sense                                                                                                                                                                                          >  https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/05/jets-reunion-austin-seferian-jenkins-makes-sense-jaguars/ via @thejetswire                   

1 minute ago, kelly said:

Why a Jets reunion with Austin Seferian-Jenkins makes sense                                                                                                                                                                                          >  https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/05/jets-reunion-austin-seferian-jenkins-makes-sense-jaguars/ via @thejetswire                   

Wouldn't mind this so much... He did well for us while he was here.

Thinking of starting a webcast called “That’s Mad Jetsy” where we recap how stupid the Jets were this week while drinking bourbon and smoking PCP. We’ll end each episode throwing listener-donated Jets paraphernalia off overpasses along the Saw Mill Parkway onto unsuspecting drivers speeding below and replaying video of the ensuing murderous pileups in slow-mo while the Brooks and Dunn classic “Boot Scootin’ Boogie” plays in the background. Hit up my Venmo.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Thinking of starting a webcast called “That’s Mad Jetsy” where we recap how stupid the Jets were this week while drinking bourbon and smoking PCP. We’ll end each episode throwing listener-donated Jets paraphernalia off overpasses along the Saw Mill Parkway onto unsuspecting drivers speeding below and replaying video of the ensuing murderous pileups in slow-mo while the Brooks and Dunn classic “Boot Scootin’ Boogie” plays in the background. Hit up my Venmo.

I'm in. PCP-induced trip only way to "see" Jets win a Super Bowl.

We must be kidding... He stinks.  He stunk before he came to the Jets, and has stunk since he left the Jets. At least you can say he's consistent.  Bashed us on the way out the door too, if I remember correctly.  For their 4 million dollars the Jaguars received 5 games, 11 receptions, 90 yards and a 57% catch rate.  Great.  Bring him right in.  

There are plenty of better, cheap options.

Jesse James, Jeff Heuerman, Maxx Williams, etc.

Herndon is going to be the main guy, but during his suspendion and then as the eventual resident #2 TE I simply want a guy who can block and has reliable hands within 10-15 yards of the LoS.

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

We must be kidding... He stinks.  He stunk before he came to the Jets, and has stunk since he left the Jets. At least you can say he's consistent.  Bashed us on the way out the door too, if I remember correctly.  For their 4 million dollars the Jaguars received 5 games, 11 receptions, 90 yards and a 57% catch rate.  Great.  Bring him right in.  

Actually, I think quite the opposite. I believe he was quite gracious about the Jets giving him an opportunity.

That being said, he sucks so no thanks. 

it's a good thing we let him walk for $$ - the Jets wanted him but he was asking for the moon and left.... I wouldn't mind him coming back on a cheap contract but I think the future is pretty good right now in the TE department aren't we?  But yeah on a cheap contract I wouldn't mind him coming back.

4 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

it's a good thing we let him walk for $$ - the Jets wanted him but he was asking for the moon and left.... I wouldn't mind him coming back on a cheap contract but I think the future is pretty good right now in the TE department aren't we?  But yeah on a cheap contract I wouldn't mind him coming back.

We need another TE because Herndon is getting a 2 game suspension. 

If we sign Austin Seferian-Jenkins and Justin Houston then we'll have signed 2 of the biggest cities in Texas (Austin and Houston).  We could then potentially follow that up by bringing Dallas Clark and Santonio (close enough) Holmes out of retirement. 

And how about hiring Earl "The Tyler Rose" Campbell as RB coach and Odessa Turner as WR coach?

10 hours ago, rldev said:

Neal Sterling and Jordan Leggett say hello.

We should let Sterling walk imo. Legget I like a little bit and he could be the third guy. Tomlinson needs to go too. That guy made me break a dish I was holding one game. I forget the game, but he dropped a 3rd or 4th down pass wide open that would have potentially gone for a TD. It was at least a first down. 

I don't want him around mucking up the works for Sam no matter how good of a blocker he may be.

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Thinking of starting a webcast called “That’s Mad Jetsy” where we recap how stupid the Jets were this week while drinking ?bourbon? and smoking PCP. We’ll end each episode throwing listener-donated Jets paraphernalia off overpasses along the Saw Mill Parkway onto unsuspecting drivers speeding below and replaying video of the ensuing murderous pileups in slow-mo while the Brooks and Dunn classic “Boot Scootin’ Boogie” plays in the background. Hit up my Venmo.

? ^ ^.. how 'bout some  " jack "  ?...

e39d1b7156c6e7aec2cc3ad47394ae3d.jpg

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

21 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Perhaps a weekly five minute lement on why the Pats Win the AFCE every season, and how we can't understand why the Pig isn't ripe yet..

13 hours ago, rldev said:

Neal Sterling and Jordan Leggett say hello.

Jordan Leggett is under contract for 2019.  Neal Sterling is not.  While I like both players, only  Leggett seems like a sure thing to return to the Jets.  Sterling's season ending injury and free agent status put his return in jeopardy.  Another consideration is Coach Gase and the new scheme and coaching staff.  I would welcome his return to the Jets, whether the Jets feel the  same way, remains to be seen.

44 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Jordan Leggett is under contract for 2019.  Neal Sterling is not.  While I like both players, only  Leggett seems like a sure thing to return to the Jets.  Sterling's season ending injury and free agent status put his return in jeopardy.  Another consideration is Coach Gase and the new scheme and coaching staff.  I would welcome his return to the Jets, whether the Jets feel the  same way, remains to be seen.

Sterling and Leggett are JAGs.  Actually I’m being generous saying that they just plain suck and have no business starting ever

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

ASJ was fine here.  He probably scores the winning td against the pats if the refs weren’t working directly for Vegas

This was the only stop where he had even moderate success.  Guess you forgot the plethora of drops he also had.  His highlights consist almost exclusively of "close but no cigar" type plays. He typically catches 60% of the balls thrown to him.  Great. Warm and fuzzy memories won't turn Seferian Jenkins into a good player, because he isn't.

6 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

We should let Sterling walk imo. Legget I like a little bit and he could be the third guy. Tomlinson needs to go too. That guy made me break a dish I was holding one game. I forget the game, but he dropped a 3rd or 4th down pass wide open that would have potentially gone for a TD. It was at least a first down. 

I don't want him around mucking up the works for Sam no matter how good of a blocker he may be.

Tomlinson is a terrible blocker. I honestly don't understand how he wasn't cut mid-season. He's got no skill set that I see is worth keeping him for. 

Archived