D'BRICK & the JETS in mobile ~ ~ ~

kelly

from draftdaddy.com:

Native New Yorker D'Brickashaw Ferguson, the left tackle from Virginia, is at the Senior Bowl this week to remove all doubt about who the New York Jets will choose with pick No. 4 -- and maybe even shake up that top three......."I'm really just trying to do the best I can and let the external factors take care of themselves. I've spoken to several teams here and I've talked a lot to the Jets."

DD.com comment: The Jets have been all over Ferguson this week in Mobile. Matter of fact, just prior to arriving, we spoke in depth with a "very high ranking" Jets official and he mentioned Ferguson several times.......So, is this a smokescreen, or do the Jets really covet Ferguson ? . . . 8)

D'Brick is a Bradway kind of player. He had a good, but not great college career, and will shine in the combine/senior bowl workouts.

Has his play in college warranted a top 5 pick? No, it is his potential that warrants him that pick. Much like Dewayne Robertson, Jon McGraw, Bryan Thomas, etc..

Teams like the Steelers seem to always draft players with great college careers regardless of their workouts or computer numbers. Thats why they are in the superbowl and we are in the toilet bowl.

I'd rather have the the # 2 or 3 OT if we can also grab an addtional player..

The jets could end up with a LOT of day 1 picks..by trading down, and maybe Abraham situation...

I'd rather end up with a potential 2 or 3 starters from day 1 than just D Brik

I'd rather have the the # 2 or 3 OT if we can also grab an addtional player..

The jets could end up with a LOT of day 1 picks..by trading down, and maybe Abraham situation...

I'd rather end up with a potential 2 or 3 starters from day 1 than just D Brik

Is this draft that deep at T, that we could afford to pass on Da Brick?

Look at '96. Ogden went #4 overall, and Willie Anderson was the next T taken off the board. People killed Cincy at the time, but Anderson has been good, solid.

I'm not sure. Maybe I'm scared, but given Terry's track record, can you blame me? Unless there's another tackle not too far as tep down in talent, I'd be inclined to remain at #4.

Then again, Walter Jones went #6 the following year, and Tarik Glenn was the next T selected at #19. Maybe not such a bad trade off. Yes, Jones is a future Hall of Famer, but Glenn is no slouch and the other possible player could turn out to be someone pretty talented(ie Trevor Pryce).

I'll leave this stuff to our resident draftniks. It could be a brilliant move, or a terrible one. It's all about trusting Terry.

This line has been neglected for far too long. It's about time that they rebuild and do so with youth and quality. No stop gaps.

Seattle and Pittsburgh and fine examples. The Walrus invested #1 picks in Hutchinson, and Walter Jones was already a lock before he stepped in. The left side of their line has remained intact for 5 years.

Can we say that? Lines play better the longer they remain together. Ozzie Newsome made sure he kept his massive, talented line locked up for years, while his young QB grows.

We need to do the same. Don't F around. Unless they get a terrific deal, remain at #4 and draft this kid. Hell, I'd use my 2nd round pick to get the USC animal, G/T Taitusi Lutui and create the next Great Wall.

You keep passing on Ogden and Pace types-as the Jets have done in the past-or not picking Faneca of Jones- it eventually costs you.

I wouldn't be heartbroken if Jay Culter wound up in green or if any of the top 3 drop. But failing in that, D'Brick is a beast, he's not a fatbody, and this line has been neglected for too long. ANd from what I saw of his college ball(admittedly only a few games) he looked damn good. Put a guy like that at LT, let him watch the blind side of the QB and road grade for your RBs and that's not too bad at all.

Don't think the Gallery or workout warrior talk is fair at all. This guy is the real deal.

Archived