Jets enter the Antonio Brown sweepstakes, allegedly

T0mShane

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

his only power is his mouth (or his agent's mouth).  He really has zero say if that's the way the Steelers want to handle it.  No doubt in my mind that he winds up on an NFC team.

Maccagnan: Hey Antonio, we’re all set to give up a bunch of picks to bring you to the Jets! How does that sound? 

Antonio Brown: Nope.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

there are plenty of punk in the league and he is an elite wr that wants the ball on a team where we have a qb that needs a guy to throw the ball to-robby anderson is a worse character guy than brown in my opinion with less production

313467786_tenor(1).gif.255d32bb321e696bc49359e4bec649c4.gif

32 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If AB says he's not playing for a team they aren't going to trade for him. He will just retire like Carson Palmer did.

Palmer retired because he was old and broken.  Brown would be costing himself about $75 million if he retired now

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maccagnan: Hey Antonio, we’re all set to give up a bunch of picks to bring you to the Jets! How does that sound? 

Antonio Brown: Nope.

That's not power. 

Jets (or any other team that Antonio does not favor):  "Nope?  Well, tough sh!t Antonio.  Here is your shiny new green [or enter alternate team color here] jersey. If you want a pay check, then you will be a good boy and put it on and smile for the cameras."

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

That's not power. 

Jets (or any other team that Antonio does not favor):  "Nope?  Well, tough sh!t Antonio.  Here is your shiny new green [or enter alternate team color here] jersey. If you want a pay check, then you will be a good boy and put it on and smile for the cameras."

Worked out well for the Steelers last year so why not try it again while losing draft picks, I guess. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

his only power is his mouth (or his agent's mouth).  He really has zero say if that's the way the Steelers want to handle it.  No doubt in my mind that he winds up on an NFC team.

That's a ton of power, no?

You think a team would offer serious compensation for the Steelers, then talk to Brown, who says, "I don't want to play for you," and then that team still offers that compensation?

2 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

What team?

BN-IG015_nyjets_P_20150504180306.jpg

Not our Jets.

What happened here was that, Macc shrewdly did his due diligence.  Brown begged to play with Sam Darnold.  But then Macc balked at the asking price and Browns contract needs, stating that bringing in someone like Brown, at this stage of his career, wouldn't be in the best short or long term consequences of the Jets.  Then, Brown asked for cupcakes, and Macc told him no.

15 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

Brown makes a lot more sense than Bell.

It depends on the offense line. As good as any RB is, they still need an offense line to run behind.     If you don't upgrade the offense line, you are sorta defeating the purpose of investing  that much money in the RB.

14 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

It depends on the offense line. As good as any RB is, they still need an offense line to run behind.     If you don't upgrade the offense line, you are sorta defeating the purpose of investing  that much money in the RB.

It’s a WR league just as much as it’s a qb league and Antonio Brown is arguably the league’s best WR and has about 3-4 good years left 

24 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Not our Jets.

What happened here was that, Macc shrewdly did his due diligence.  Brown begged to play with Sam Darnold.  But then Macc balked at the asking price and Browns contract needs, stating that bringing in someone like Brown, at this stage of his career, wouldn't be in the best short or long term consequences of the Jets.  Then, Brown asked for cupcakes, and Macc told him no.

I dunno dude. Like you'd think a goofball with a blonde mustache would have to be able to fall assbackward into some kind of rapport with a dude who clearly went to his stylist and said 'gimme the Zac Taylor.' Seriously if this mother****er's highlights get any further out of whack with the roots he's going to start going by Cupcakes and dating Tom.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

That's a ton of power, no?

You think a team would offer serious compensation for the Steelers, then talk to Brown, who says, "I don't want to play for you," and then that team still offers that compensation?

Well we will see.  That "power" is a figment of Antonio's (and everyone else's) imagination.  He can whine all he wants, but he has to go where he is traded or sit out a season without pay.  He's greedy.  Ain't happening.  Of course there will be many cowardly GMs and owners who don't want to risk trading for a disgruntled Antonio out of intimidation and fear of his reaction, but a strong GM won't care and Antonio will ultimately play well for wherever he lands.  Much ado over nothing.

If the Steelers get a 1 for Brown they could pretty easily get up to 3. Not sure they want to sacrifice adding to the current roster to bring in a young QB but I think they're pretty close to having to tear the whole thing down.

Archived