So who are we trading down with again?

Team archer

Broncos got fluko

Jags are probably getting Foles

Eli cried his way back into the starting spot

washington may trade for rosen?

So the only team that may trade with us is the raiders but i was hoping to trade back further, taking a frachises picks and souls, setting them back 10 years, and you cant do that with the raiders. Plus realistically 4 is a great spot to take a qb if they replace carr. Guess we are stuck at 3.

22 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Broncos got fluko

So the only team that may trade with us is the raiders but i was hoping to trade back further, taking a frachises picks and souls, setting them back 10 years, and you cant do that with the raiders. Plus realistically 4 is a great spot to take a qb if they replace carr. Guess we are stuck at 3.

Well, though it probably wouldn't occur, but you could trade down to 4 (pick up possibly a 2nd rounder) if Raiders want either one of the remaining Edge rushers or QBs at #3, and then trade down again from there if someone wants a player at that spot as well since QWillliams, MetCalf, Haskins, etc. may still be there at #4. That could net other picks and maybe still have the Jets stay in the top 10-20. Unlikely, but possible.

1 hour ago, Team archer said:

Broncos got fluko

If the Raiders want a QB, the Raiders only trade for 3 if they think the Jets can trade with another team for that spot.  That is why Chicago traded up for Trubitsky-they thought others wanted the pick.  

Otherwise they sit there and laugh at the Jets and dare them to pick Haskins.  

Broncos got fluko

Cincinnati Bengals.   New coach may want new QB...

Broncos got fluko

Flacco and Eli are long term solutions? and the other two are just speculation [the Rosen Rumor is less of a rumor as Tom Brady retiring three years ago]

5 hours ago, Mark78 said:

Maybe we're trading up...BAM!

We probably would have a much better team had Mac traded up every yr in first round. Considering how many 2s, 3rd, and 4ths he has wasted for nothing. Should have used them to move up few spots, since he Is a horrible drafter

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Well, though it probably wouldn't occur, but you could trade down to 4 (pick up possibly a 2nd rounder) if Raiders want either one of the remaining Edge rushers or QBs at #3, and then trade down again from there if someone wants a player at that spot as well since QWillliams, MetCalf, Haskins, etc. may still be there at #4. That could net other picks and maybe still have the Jets stay in the top 10-20. Unlikely, but possible.

The Raiders aren't trading up.  They have too many needs to lose any draft picks.    Raiders drafted three defense lineman 2rd DT Pj Hall , 3rd De Arden Key , and fifth round DT Maurice Hurst and all of them will be bigtime players. 

The Raiders need definitely pass rushing De.   I expect them to get one in Fa( my personal choice would be Zadarius Smith) and one in the draft.  Even though Raiders are pretty good  shape at DT they will not pass on Q Williams if he is on the board at 4.    Montez Sweat at 4 ( Williams is gone) or another pass rushing De with one of their two other first picks- will fill their need .( if Q Williams is there).

The Raiders will just sit at four , and see who drops to them.

2 hours ago, peebag said:

No one is trading with the Jets

Unfortunately you could be correct. Nothing like having our GM come out and say we wanna trade our pick and we want a boat load of picks in return.  I don't think teams are lining up making us offers. Best chance we might have is if Bosa slips to us and another team wants him badly. Who knows what could happen on draft day but I don't see any got to have them at all costs players in this draft.

Not being able to trade back would be bad if we didn't have 102 million in cap money. It looks like the only team that would want to move up is the Redskins & they are back WAY TOO FAR to give up the likes of Bosa or Q.Williams. 

That would be a Parcells catastrophe like trading back to 8 and passing up to HOF left tackles in Pace & Walter Jones for Farrior, ugh. 

As soon as free agency starts, if Macc secures a center (Morse or Paradis), a LG (Saffold?), a pass rusher, Houston, Fowler or Flowers? Just those 3 moves would set us up for the draft. Obviously that's not the end to our free agency, but those 3 moves are of the highest priority. Stuck at 3? No problem, we'll just add Q.Williams, Bosa or Josh Allen. 

7 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

If Murray goes 1 not sure I want to pass on Bosa or Allen. 

I'm taking Q.Williams over Allen. We have the money to sign Flowers & Houston to help pressure the QB. Josh Allen has that boom or bust feel to me. I'd like to start winning next year. Allen would need to adjust to the NFL, Q.Williams? He can start taking pressure off Leo & start throwing people around immediately. Especially If Olines have to concern themselves with Flowers & Houston, Lee & Jamal blitzing too. 

How in the world did Darnold last til pick 3? 

Hell, Rosen was picked 10th. He was not supposed to be available at 3 if I remember right. Then he was worth a trade up. Now he's not worth a 3rd. 

Just maybe the unthinkable will happen again like it does every year. 

10 hours ago, Team archer said:

Broncos got fluko

so why does anyone think the giaints won't trade up if they want haskins or murray?  eli may be the starter at the moment but even the giaints know he needs to be replaced and picking a qb may be the right thing to do.  and the raiders apparently aren't so happy with carr.  and yesterday i heard on a boston station that the patsies may be interested in trading for rosen.  so there will be some interest in teams needing a qb.  the big question is if there are enough teams who want one of the qb's that badly.

11 hours ago, Team archer said:

Broncos got fluko

Miami, Bengals, Broncos (Flacco is a stop gap) , giants, falcons, panthers, pats, Bucs all need QBs beyond the raiders and jags

33 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I will take any of our message board GM's over Mac any day, any time, and any how.  To imagine him having a good draft this year is just pure lunacy.

Its really the same.  

With Williams’ Help we will get a good player in round 1. 

After that the odds are very much against him. 

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

I don’t see a trade back either. That idea was thrown out the window once Den and Jax got stop gaps. 

I agree and although the stop gaps aren’t long term solutions, the QB class isn’t strong enough to justify these transactions AND trading up for a prospect. They are just punting the problem for now and will draft and groom someone in the next draft. 

I think there will be a mystery team or two that will be interested in trading up for a QB, and even if that's not the case, if one of the 3 premiere defensive players fall to us, there will be interest for someone to trade up in that scenario as well.  I think it will work out fine if it's the Jets strategy to trade down to accumulate more picks.  The nightmare scenario is that they get ripped off in doing so.  Mac needs to perform like a champ in the draft and free agency or he will become a bigger pariah in this town than he already is and people will be calling for his head even before the season starts.   

12 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I agree and although the stop gaps aren’t long term solutions, the QB class isn’t strong enough to justify these transactions AND trading up for a prospect. They are just punting the problem for now and will draft and groom someone in the next draft. 

This same rhetoric was spewed in 2017 when Maholmes, Watson and Trubisky came out ... bad qb class... everyone is going to wait till next year and the historic qb draft is coming... blah blah blah... then Bears trade up for Trubisky... KC trades up for Maholmes... and Houston trades up for Watson... yet nobody wants these qbs because the next year is so much better...

Murray goes #1 and Haskins goes to #2 or #3 to the highest bidder.  it will happen. It will happen because teams will want to jump ahead of Raiders.

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

I will take any of our message board GM's over Mac any day, any time, and any how.  To imagine him having a good draft this year is just pure lunacy.

Yeah, the only argument in support of Macc is “well a handful of GMs in NFL history who were terrible suddenly and explicably figured the job out.”

This is what rational people call “a terrible bet.”

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

This same rhetoric was spewed in 2017 when Maholmes, Watson and Trubisky came out ... bad qb class... everyone is going to wait till next year and the historic qb draft is coming... blah blah blah... then Bears trade up for Trubisky... KC trades up for Maholmes... and Houston trades up for Watson... yet nobody wants these qbs because the next year is so much better...

Murray goes #1 and Haskins goes to #2 or #3 to the highest bidder.  it will happen. It will happen because teams will want to jump ahead of Raiders.

It would be great but doesn’t seem nearly as probably with the vet QB options that will serve as decent stop gaps. Who knows. 

21 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I think there will be a mystery team or two that will be interested in trading up for a QB, and even if that's not the case, if one of the 3 premiere defensive players fall to us, there will be interest for someone to trade up in that scenario as well.  I think it will work out fine if it's the Jets strategy to trade down to accumulate more picks.  The nightmare scenario is that they get ripped off in doing so.  Mac needs to perform like a champ in the draft and free agency or he will become a bigger pariah in this town than he already is and people will be calling for his head even before the season starts.   

Sleepers for QB:

Bengals... Nobody is talking about them....

Saints... Brees can be cut after this year with no cap hit...

Titans.... Bucs... both QBs in the last year of their rookie deal... Tampa has a new coach... 

Panthers... Cam is seriously injured may sit out part or all of 2019

Steelers... I have heard nothing good about Mason Rudolph

Chargers.... Rivers is as old as Eli, but at least aged better

Obviously Need QB:

Jags are going to sign Foles... but seriously, they will need a back-up

Miami needs something....

Giants, Eli is finished

Redskins... Smith may never play again.

Raiders... Carr is not as good as they thought

Broncos... Flacco is a 1 or 2 year QB

33 minutes ago, section314 said:

I hear you, but to play devil's advocate, that may be exactly the reason our phone may ring.

Your right.  If Bosa is there the phone will probably ring.  If Macc answers it someone will have to pull Williams from his throat. 

50 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I agree with all of this as a possibility. Best case is that the Raiders are seen as QB hungry and are unable to move up themselves. Even if the Jets just flip with them and pick up a 3rd, I'd be good with that.  

14 hours ago, Team archer said:

Broncos got fluko

Flacco is a temporary bandage. Means nothing. They are most likely still looking to draft a 'Franchise' QB.

Jags are PROBABLY getting Foles. Until they do, they are candidates for a trade down.

Eli will retire in 2 season TOPS. He is a temporary bandage and the Giants are most likely looking to draft a 'Franchise' QB. 

Wash. MAY trade for Rosen. Until they do. They are candidates for a trade down. Personally, I don;t see the Cardinals giving up on Rosen. I think this is smoke and mirrors so that a team thinks they want Murray and decides to give up a haul to move up to #1 and take him. 

None of this is set in stone and 2 of the scenarios you have here (Broncos and Giants) have ancient QBs that are not going to be the future of their respective teams.  

Archived