Jump to content
Rhg1084

They just called me trying to sell me season tix

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Point I was trying to make with the resale comment is if they are awful again this year that maybe I could get my money back with those other rabid fan bases coming to town. Obviously I’d be buying them to go and have a good time with my brother. (Not some randomn fans I see 8 times a year who are like family to the other guy apparently)

Depends on how the team is doing. If the Jets bomb again, which is likely, the market will be saturated no matter who's coming to town. Also depends on the when for each opponent. Big difference between reselling Jets/Giants in week 2 vs week 16.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Point I was trying to make with the resale comment is if they are awful again this year that maybe I could get my money back with those other rabid fan bases coming to town.

Right, my point is just that even for the Cowboys game I'd bet the tickets go below face value. But you would at least be able to sell them for something.

Quote

Obviously I’d be buying them to go and have a good time with my brother. (Not some randomn fans I see 8 times a year who are like family to the other guy apparently)

LMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rhg1084

Being a season ticket holder is great you make memories with family and friends, I did it for 20+ years. 

If you can afford it go for it and join the other diehard most resilient fans in the NFL on game day. 

I always said a bad day at the stadium losing is still a good day to be alive and at a NY Jets game. 

good luck whatever decision you make, do what you feel is best not what others say. 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought season tickets last year. Upstairs is very affordable. My tickets are $75 each per game. The upstairs enzone were only $50 per game.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Web72 said:

I just bought season tickets last year. Upstairs is very affordable. My tickets are $75 each per game. The upstairs enzone were only $50 per game.

Yeah that’s where I’m looking, it’s a good view up there and not a bad price. It’s all about having fun, hopefully the jets can provide some on field entertainment as well lol

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And don’t forget if we ever get to the point where Brady retires the division is wide open and division winners get a home game!!!!!  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I was talking about on the secondary market for individual games. I’d never buy a PSL 

Why would you buy season tix?  You could buy the games you want individually at face value any time.  No contract.  And some games you can get seats in a much better section for the same per-game price as your upper-levels.  And you don't have to sell the tix you don't want for peanuts in November and December.  Honestly there is absolutely no reason to buy season tickets at this point.  Once upon a time, when there was a 10 year waitlist, yeah it was a great opportunity.  But now?  And as for PSL's...man what a disaster that's become for the team and fans alike.  They overvalued those seats tremendously and now have to sell the balance of unpurchased seats to opposing fans.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J-Diddy said:

I was able to obtain a 2 season tickets in section 220a row 2 without a PSL just a month ago. 95 a ticket.  Mine as long as I want. I get playoff rights and all without a PSL.  This is a very desirable section on the jets sideline with a great low row. 

Did you buy them through the NY Jets ticket office? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Did you buy them through the NY Jets ticket office? 

Yes. Bought them from a ticket representative at the NY Jets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J-Diddy said:

Yes. Bought them from a ticket representative at the NY Jets. 

Good deal congrats have fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

And as for PSL's...man what a disaster that's become for the team and fans alike.  They overvalued those seats tremendously and now have to sell the balance of unpurchased seats to opposing fans.

PSL's are not a disaster for the team or the fans.  The team raised millions and filled the house before the bandwagon fans quit in 2011.  The single most important event in fan history was the process by which the grandchildren of loyal Shea Stadium fans who became greedy ticket-scalpers with their inheritance had their rights stripped and assigned fair market value.

Those of us who were waitlisted for 20 years (raises hand) finally got our opportunity to get great seats and all it cost us was $7 a game.  Chump-change.  And the Jets haven't raised ticket prices since 2008, effectively wiping out the PSL fee in the last 11 years. 

The PSL turned out to be a non-event.  And now I have seats in my name for 30 years and if the Jets get good, I can sell them for 2x what I paid.  Thousands of others in a similar situation.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J-Diddy said:

I was able to obtain a 2 season tickets in section 220a row 2 without a PSL just a month ago. 95 a ticket.  Mine as long as I want. I get playoff rights and all without a PSL.  This is a very desirable section on the jets sideline with a great low row. 

That's awesome, we have a very similar view.  Congrats and enjoy.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

PSL's are not a disaster for the team or the fans.  The team raised millions and filled the house before the bandwagon fans quit in 2011.  The single most important event in fan history was the process by which the grandchildren of loyal Shea Stadium fans who became greedy ticket-scalpers with their inheritance had their rights stripped and assigned fair market value.

Those of us who were waitlisted for 20 years (raises hand) finally got our opportunity to get great seats and all it cost us was $7 a game.  Chump-change.  And the Jets haven't raised ticket prices since 2008, effectively wiping out the PSL fee in the last 11 years. 

The PSL turned out to be a non-event.  And now I have seats in my name for 30 years and if the Jets get good, I can sell them for 2x what I paid.  Thousands of others in a similar situation.

SAR I

SAR, you've been repeating this mantra for years.  You can just keep doubling down, but face it, the facts just aren't in your favor.  You will never sell your tickets for 2X what you paid.  You will never recoup the PSL's.  You're OK with that because the PSL's essentially eliminated all of your competition by pricing out fans that once held those seats for years.  Individually, for you, it was a good thing.  But history has shown that the expectation the Jets head for season ticket sales was never met.  Ideally you'd like the lion's share of your seats to go to season ticket holders, as they did when the Jets played in Shea and Giant's Stadium.  Now, the stadium is filled with fans of the opposing teams, because the Jets have to have a fire sale by game 4.  If and when the Jets "get good" seats will still be available, their price will just rise to face value or a bit above.  Enjoy your seats, I really mean that.  I gave up my seats and took a loss on the PSL because it was just not making any sense to me any more.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Couldn't you just wait for the season to start and buy the tickets individually for a fraction of the price?

I’ve been going to 4-6 games a year for the past 20 years. I’ve spent as long as $5 and as much as $260 for a game. 

When the Jets become an elite team, then it makes more sense to invest in season tickets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I always said a bad day at the stadium losing is still a good day to be alive and at a NY Jets game. 

This is, bar none, the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is, bar none, the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

 Its like they say a bad day of fishing is still better than a day at work. 

Being at the stadium at a NY Jets game win or lose (better to win) is a better than not being there. 

Go chase down the orderly and get those meds in your system and get a new diaper on. 

I guess you don't read your own posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

 Its like they say a bad day of fishing is still better than a day at work. 

Being at the stadium at a NY Jets game win or lose (better to win) is a better than not being there. 

Go chase down the orderly and get those meds in your system and get a new diaper on. 

I guess you don't read your own posts. 

Being at the stadium is like driving three hours for the rights to burn $400 so you can be locked in a prison where the general population is drunk, belligerent, self-hating old men in Wayne Chrebet jerseys, all crushed into tiny, plastic seats, waiting around for a fraud fireman to lead them in the discordant spelling of a failed sports entertainment corporation whose lone marker of success is that it’s become an excellent tax shelter for its grifter billionaire failson owner. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

Being at the stadium is like driving three hours for the rights to burn $400 so you can be locked in a prison where the general population is drunk, belligerent, self-hating old men in Wayne Chrebet jerseys, all crushed into tiny, plastic seats, waiting around for a fraud fireman to lead them in the discordant spelling of a failed sports entertainment corporation whose lone marker of success is that it’s become an excellent tax shelter for its grifter billionaire failson owner. 

SAR I is this you? You forgot to bash blue collar workers, military,police,fire and rescue personnel and tailgating. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 6:39 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Section 339 is about $900 a ticket for the season, thinking of doing it. I’ve done them in the past but have sat out last couple years. What do you think is it a good investment? They have a great schedule this year so worst case scenario I’m sure I can sell some tix on stubhub 

 

On 3/6/2019 at 6:39 PM, Rhg1084 said:

Section 339 is about $900 a ticket for the season, thinking of doing it. I’ve done them in the past but have sat out last couple years. What do you think is it a good investment? They have a great schedule this year so worst case scenario I’m sure I can sell some tix on stubhub 

Do it. It’s fun and you can re sell if needed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

SAR, you've been repeating this mantra for years.  You can just keep doubling down, but face it, the facts just aren't in your favor.  You will never sell your tickets for 2X what you paid.  You will never recoup the PSL's.  You're OK with that because the PSL's essentially eliminated all of your competition by pricing out fans that once held those seats for years.  Individually, for you, it was a good thing.  But history has shown that the expectation the Jets head for season ticket sales was never met.  Ideally you'd like the lion's share of your seats to go to season ticket holders, as they did when the Jets played in Shea and Giant's Stadium.  Now, the stadium is filled with fans of the opposing teams, because the Jets have to have a fire sale by game 4.  If and when the Jets "get good" seats will still be available, their price will just rise to face value or a bit above.  Enjoy your seats, I really mean that.  I gave up my seats and took a loss on the PSL because it was just not making any sense to me any more.  

First off, thank you, good post, and I understand that you made a decision to walk away from the PSL and I support that, there were some dark times and season tickets are expensive.  I get that completely.

But as far as historical perspective goes, the Jets were sold out in 2009 when the new stadium opened and they got paid.  Remember, with the average season ticket holder having 3 seats, there were only 16,000 people who wrote PSL checks to the Jets anyway, all this hubub and all this media and it was about a handful of New Yorkers in an area with 20 million people who decided to spend a little bit more money.  Radio people talked for a decade (idiot Beningo still talks about it) as if it was an affront to Jets fans but the reality is that it was only a small amount of people; and most of us had the money.  Each year only 2% or 3% of all PSL's were up for sale on resale sites, very few people defaulted on a few grand.  The Jets got paid.  PSL's were and are a success.

Next, the stadium has a healthy amount of opposing fans because Jets fans are cheap and look for loopholes and free tickets more than any fanbase I've ever seen.  I've been selling a few seats a year to games I can't attend for the last 19 years and I've had some really good Row 1 Mezz locations the whole time and I can count on one hand where I broke even or came out ahead.  When the Jets suck, fans don't show up.  And those that do come into the stadium late and drunk and leave early to beat the traffic home to the urinal.  And NY being a tourist destination, you're always going to get enemy fans, no different than Miami, Chicago, New England, San Diego, it's all the same in destination cities.

The Jets ticket problem has nothing to do with PSL's.  It has to do with the fact that since Christmas 2011 sitting at 8-5 with three games left against losing teams the Jets have gone south.  The Mezzanine and LL are nicely filled even in bad years.  The issue is all those fans who packed the upper deck when the Jets didn't put a PSL up there took off.  Playoffs stopped, the gravy train of selling their Giants Stadium seats for huge money was cut off, the team stopped winning, goodbye.  When the Jets get good, perhaps as early as this year or next, the place will be packed again.  Those sitting at home pointing fingers and whining about 'enemy fans' are the very people who caused the problem, not the Jets, not the PSL's.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ghost said:

I’ve been going to 4-6 games a year for the past 20 years. I’ve spent as long as $5 and as much as $260 for a game. 

When the Jets become an elite team, then it makes more sense to invest in season tickets. 

When the Jets become elite, like we were going into the 2010 and 2011 seasons, Jets fans show up.  But when we are mediocre, they don't show up.  So those who take shots at Jets fans for the past 8 years from the comfort of their couches need to look in the mirror.  They're the problem.  Oh, and now that we have Sam Darnold and, oh, perhaps we'll go 8-8, a year from now you'll have people getting season tickets and acting like everything's fine, "I've been going to Jets games since 1980 in Shea Stadium".  Yeah, no.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

 Its like they say a bad day of fishing is still better than a day at work. 

Being at the stadium at a NY Jets game win or lose (better to win) is a better than not being there. 

Go chase down the orderly and get those meds in your system and get a new diaper on. 

I guess you don't read your own posts. 

You have attended ONE Jets game in MetLife Stadium!  We have been there 9 years!

Are you drunk?

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You have attended ONE Jets game in MetLife Stadium!  We have been there 9 years!

Are you drunk?

SAR I

I've been to more Jets game at MetLife than you think about going to and I don't even have season tickets. 

Go list your tickets on StubHub i'm quite sure some opposing teams fan cant wait for you to do so. 

Whats the excuse going to be this time, why you cant make it. 

Investment Gold. 

SELLOUT SAR I 

joewilly12 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I is this you? You forgot to bash blue collar workers, military,police,fire and rescue personnel and tailgating. 

I don't bash blue collar workers.  I respect how they keep my utilities functioning.  I just don't want to sit near them.

I don't bash military, police, fire, and rescue personnel.  I'm just tired of the Jets taking their money to give them phony moments of recognition at the end of every quarter and guilting me into standing up for the past 9 years. 

I bash tailgating.  The 80's are over.  Drinking and smoking and listening to bad hair rock isn't cool anymore, especially if you're pushing 60.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I've been to more Jets game at MetLife than you think about going to and I don't even have season tickets. 

Go list your tickets on StubHub i'm quite sure some opposing teams fan cant wait for you to do so. 

Whats the excuse going to be this time, why you cant make it. 

Investment Gold. 

SELLOUT SAR I 

joewilly12 

You don't go to Jets games so you don't have any say.

I have never sold a seat to an opposing fan.  I list my quality location for sale on Stubhub below face value so that Jets fans can buy them and support the team on Sunday's when I have a work or family conflict.  If a Viking fan bought my seats instead of you in Sam Darnold's rookie year after beating Denver and Indianapolis in consecutive weeks on a beautiful October day that is most definitely on you and the other 20 million people in the NY Metro area and not on me.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You don't go to Jets games so you don't have any say.

I have never sold a seat to an opposing fan.  I list my quality location for sale on Stubhub below face value so that Jets fans can buy them and support the team on Sunday's when I have a work or family conflict.  If a Viking fan bought my seats instead of you in Sam Darnold's rookie year after beating Denver and Indianapolis in consecutive weeks on a beautiful October day that is most definitely on you and the other 20 million people in the NY Metro area and not on me.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

image.jpeg.822f1291b8e1fa995bdd7e3e6d8d1d20.jpeg

Good thing you sold the Vikings game I doubt you could have survived the cold and wind that day. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Attending a bad loss at MetLife is better than being anywhere else.

dv1554006.jpg?w=640

SAR I

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for arrogant rich guy pics

SAR I: I just sold my Jets tickets again, this time to a Patriots fan INVESTMENT GOLD. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

 Its like they say a bad day of fishing is still better than a day at work.

Nobody says that except people that suck wieners for money. Otherwise it's definitely better to be at work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Nobody says that except people suck wieners for money. Otherwise it's definitely better to be at work.

I wouldn't know I don't fish or suck weiners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Being at the stadium is like driving three hours for the rights to burn $400 so you can be locked in a prison where the general population is drunk, belligerent, self-hating old men in Wayne Chrebet jerseys, all crushed into tiny, plastic seats, waiting around for a fraud fireman to lead them in the discordant spelling of a failed sports entertainment corporation whose lone marker of success is that it’s become an excellent tax shelter for its grifter billionaire failson owner. 

^sucks wieners for money

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...