They just called me trying to sell me season tix

11 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I guess they are right, there is a sucker born every minute....

Sucker?  I love the Jets and I love spending quality time with my family. Being a season ticket holder is a fantastic experience.  Even if the team loses the 6 hours with family makes it all worthwhile.  And when we do start winning again?  Please, there's nothing better.

Don't you worry about how rich people spend their fun money.  It's not like we were going to give it to you.

SAR I

10 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I wound up purchasing 2 tickets in section 338 row 8 for about $900 a ticket and I bought a parking pass as well for $250. Add in the cost of tailgating each week I’m probably close to $1500 for the season. I plan on going to each game and will only sell if it’s a last resort. And obviously if I could afford it I’d love to sit downstairs midfield and but I’m happy with my seats upstairs. 

Outstanding.  Ignore the haters and enjoy the season. 

Spoiler:  It ends with us hosting Pittsburgh win-and-in, Darnold and Gase get it done in front of a raucous home crowd.

SAR I

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

How Woody see us

Woody Johnson is Abraham Lincoln.  When the statue of him is erected in front of MetLife Stadium, I'll be the first one there to lay a rose.

18,000 Jets fans were on a season ticket waiting list from 1985 to 2009 and the PSL process freed us from the bondage of being held captive by selfish Giants Stadium fans who through nothing but dumb luck wound up in grandpa's 40 yard line seats and sold them to ticket brokers at market value of 3x to 5x face value.  They profited off of the backs of Jets fans who every year moved up a few measly places in line to pray that one day they would get awful upper endzone seats by the flags.

God bless the PSL process.  I'm not selling so I don't expect to get back a dime of my $16,000 but it was worth every penny.  I punted a turncoat profiteer out of his Giants Stadium cash cow.  I control the stadium now.  I decide what games the rat bastards who used a $3 per game PSL fee as an excuse to quit on the team get to buy in the aftermarket.   Sweet revenge. 

God bless Woody Johnson.  The Stadium Emancipator.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Woody Johnson is Abraham Lincoln.  When the statue of him is erected in front of MetLife Stadium, I'll be the first one there to lay a rose.

18,000 Jets fans were on a season ticket waiting list from 1985 to 2009 and the PSL process freed us from the bondage of being held captive by selfish Giants Stadium fans who through nothing but dumb luck wound up in grandpa's 40 yard line seats and sold them to ticket brokers at market value of 3x to 5x face value.  They profited off of the backs of Jets fans who every year moved up a few measly places in line to pray that one day they would get awful upper endzone seats by the flags.

God bless the PSL process.  I'm not selling so I don't expect to get back a dime of my $16,000 but it was worth every penny.  I punted a turncoat profiteer out of his Giants Stadium cash cow.  I control the stadium now.  I decide what games the rat bastards who used a $3 per game PSL fee as an excuse to quit on the team get to buy in the aftermarket.   Sweet revenge. 

God bless Woody Johnson.  The Stadium Emancipator.

SAR I

It's all good.. People should pay whatever amount gives them the most bang for the buck in terms of experience when it comes to entertainment. I do like to make fun of Woody, though.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sucker?  I love the Jets and I love spending quality time with my family. Being a season ticket holder is a fantastic experience.  Even if the team loses the 6 hours with family makes it all worthwhile.  And when we do start winning again?  Please, there's nothing better.

Don't you worry about how rich people spend their fun money.  It's not like we were going to give it to you.

SAR I

Hey, whatever you enjoy is great for you and your family. There’s plenty of other ways to spend 6 hours every Sunday with family that doesn’t involve supporting an incompetent organization. If they show competence, I’d be happy to once again be a season ticket holder. It’s not about the money, it’s about supporting incompetent owners which is what we have had for the past 20 years.

i don’t need your money, so trust me, I’m not worried about it. And in my eyes, rich people don’t drive bottom of the line BMWs. But if bragging about all your money on a jets message board makes you fell good about yourself, keep it up, we all enjoy laughing at you.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Ha! Let 'em eat cake, huh?

the revolution is coming ...

Tick tock … tick tock

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2019 at 1:20 PM, SAR I said:

I don't bash blue collar workers.  I respect how they keep my utilities functioning.  I just don't want to sit near them.

I don't bash military, police, fire, and rescue personnel.  I'm just tired of the Jets taking their money to give them phony moments of recognition at the end of every quarter and guilting me into standing up for the past 9 years. 

I bash tailgating.  The 80's are over.  Drinking and smoking and listening to bad hair rock isn't cool anymore, especially if you're pushing 60.

SAR I

What about baseball, apple pie, and chevrolet?

• Haha 1

I don't bash blue collar workers.  I respect how they keep my utilities functioning.  I just don't want to sit near them.

I don't bash military, police, fire, and rescue personnel.  I'm just tired of the Jets taking their money to give them phony moments of recognition at the end of every quarter and guilting me into standing up for the past 9 years. 

I bash tailgating.  The 80's are over.  Drinking and smoking and listening to bad hair rock isn't cool anymore, especially if you're pushing 60.

SAR I

giphy.gif

SAR I

God forbid you have to stand up to show your thanks for people who risk their lives keeping you safe.

I love that you bash tailgating, one of the least offensive things a person could do on earth.  Ripping people for bbq'ing good food and enjoying time with their friends and family - the only reason someone would do that is if they had no friends..................

You're pathetic.   PSL GOLD

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

God forbid you have to stand up to show your thanks for people who risk their lives keeping you safe.

I love that you bash tailgating, one of the least offensive things a person could do on earth.  Ripping people for bbq'ing good food and enjoying time with their friends and family - the only reason someone would do that is if they had no friends..................

You're pathetic.   PSL GOLD

I thank those in public service all the time.  We stand up and cheer at the July 4th parade, we donate money to the police department, we attend the fireman's fair.  What the Jets are doing isn't the same thing.  They are taking money from the Army and advertising the Army in the form of artificially generated "honorings" to get to impressionable young minds.  "Hey Lieutenant Dan, yes, we'll honor four of your wounded boys this Sunday, it'll be $50,000 per slot, total of $200,000, you've got the budget, right?"  It's gross.  

Of all the things the Jets have done, this is the one thing you should be hating on, not the color of the walls in the stairwells.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I thank those in public service all the time.  We stand up and cheer at the July 4th parade, we donate money to the police department, we attend the fireman's fair.  What the Jets are doing isn't the same thing.  They are taking money from the Army and advertising the Army in the form of artificially generated "honorings" to get to impressionable young minds.  "Hey Lieutenant Dan, yes, we'll honor four of your wounded boys this Sunday, it'll be $50,000 per slot, total of $200,000, you've got the budget, right?"  It's gross.  

Of all the things the Jets have done, this is the one thing you should be hating on, not the color of the walls in the stairwells.

SAR I

Agree with sar. Was disgusting to find out it was paid.  The nfl refunded much of the money if I recall. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yeah it all comes off as extremely contrived. Remember the bruhaha when kellen Winslow jr compared himself to a soldier during the invasion of Afghanistan when at Miami?

Now we deck out coaches and everyone else in those (my opinion) hideous faux military uniform jerseys with the stupid nameplates.

• Upvote 1