Watch - We're Going to Sign Coleman

peekskill68

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, slats said:

Aside from the LaMont Jordan era, the Jets have been leaning on veteran RBs since Parcells and Martin. Without a second round pick to grab one of the top backs this year, I don't see that trend changing this year. They like McGuire and Crowell is still under contract. A guy like Coleman would be a strong and safe improvement to their RBBC. 

If the Jets had a second round pick at 3, I would roll the dice on that, ditch BPA and take the best RB available.  

You could probably say the same thing about Center.

But the Jets do not have a second round pick, and there is no certainty that they get one.  

They need to sign a FA Center and RB that can be moved on from in 2 years, maybe 3, and try and draft better for the future.  

Bell is high risk and decent reward.  Trumaine is not even bad enough to get Mac fired, and he was bad last year.

Mac gives Bell a bad contract, and he shows up out of shape and/or demotivated, or gets into trouble, Mac is really done, fast. 

If Coleman is Coleman and he costs half as much, its a bummer, but not a disaster.  

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I'm preparing myself for a very underwhelming Free Agency. They'll make 1 big signing on offense (Saffold) and defense (Callahan) and the rest will be 2nd tier guys. Besides the trade up for Darnold Macc has a history of not being aggressive in bringing in guys. He tends to make one splash and then look for value in average players. It's going to be terrible watching teams with half the money we have signing the players this team desperately needs. Hey but at least next year we'll have another $100 million in cap space in FA.

I think they sign 2 OL and a CB and a second tier PR

1 minute ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

bell is amazing, but i would be scared to give him a long contract with all the videos of him smokin g blunts. i have no issue if he smokes but the league is stupid and does.  still will be excited if we get bell, but this is a solid plan b

Bell getting caught with pot again after the jets give him $100 million would be the jetsiest thing ever

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Include provisions in his contract if that's the worry. Fail a drug test contract null and void. End of discussion. 

Yeah I’m sure Bell and his agent will love that,  that’s probably why he left the steelers

I'd be fine with the addition of Tevin Coleman.  All of the Bell "ringers" would be wringing their hands with, "what will  we do now?" after the predictable Bell romance leaves us being left at the alter.  Coleman won't be on the market long, as the free agent running back market isn't exactly loaded with young talent 

The draft is also bereft of a ton of top talent. Our lack of a second round pick limits our ability to find a solution there.  If true this is an attempt for the Jets to get out in front of a looming squeeze, and they should be applauded for their "foresight", for a change.

Just now, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I'd be fine with the addition of Tevin Coleman.  All of the Bell "ringers" would be wringing their hands with, "what will  we do now?" after the predictable Bell romance leaves us being left at the alter.  Coleman won't be on the market long, as the free agent running back market isn't exactly loaded with young talent 

The draft is also bereft of a ton of top talent. Our lack of a second round pick limits our ability to find a solution there.  If true this is an attempt for the Jets to get out in front of a looming squeeze, and they should be applauded for their "foresight", for a change.

Coleman is a good receiver out of the backfield 

30 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah like the guy who replaced Bell this year with zero dropoff

Yeah, he crushed it against the browns, bengals, buccaneers, falcons, broncos, raiders, patriots. Theyre all bottom ten rushing defenses.

Obviously all things are equal, always. Black and gold uniforms, amirite or amirite?

11 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, he crushed it against the browns, bengals, buccaneers, falcons, broncos, raiders, patriots. Theyre all bottom ten rushing defenses.

Obviously all things are equal, always. Black and gold uniforms, amirite or amirite?

Making excuses for Conner having the same or better stats wow

Maybe Ben and Antonio forcing defenses to constantly be in the dime had something to do with all those pretty fantasy stats Bell put up?

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Making excuses for Conner having the same or better stats wow

Maybe Ben and Antonio forcing defenses to constantly be in the dime had something to do with all those pretty fantasy stats Bell put up?

You get fantasy points for yards, catches, touchdowns, you know all those little things. 

You know who put up amazing fantasy stats this year? Pat Mahomes, Todd Gurley,  Saquon Barkley. 

You know who didn't? Guys who suck. But hey, you're the shmaht one. You don't play fantasy football.

Grit. 

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You get fantasy points for yards, catches, touchdowns, you know all those little things. 

You know who put up amazing fantasy stats this year? Pat Mahomes, Todd Gurley,  Saquon Barkley. 

You know who didn't? Guys who suck. But hey, you're the shmaht one. You don't play fantasy football.

Grit. 

The Steelers could make Elijah McGuire their featured back he would put up nice stats with Big Ben throwing to Antonio and Juju

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Ok. So how far down the food chain are we going here before we find someone that isn't good enough to replace Leveon Bell?

I dunno I’m not the one arguing the jets should give Bell $100 million

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I dunno I’m not the one arguing the jets should give Bell $100 million

You think a great runner who is an absolute mismatch in the receiving game grows on a tree somewhere, I imagine. 

Jet fans: josh mccown worth every penny of 10 mil. Hes great for Darnold!

Also Jet fans: Im not paying Bell 17 mil!!

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I think they sign 2 OL and a CB and a second tier PR

They have $100 million. They'll def sign more than 4 players. They have the money to sign at least 4 top players at their respective position plus other 2nd tier guys without blinking an eye. The problem is that Macc is a terrible negotiator and he will lose out on guys to teams with less money.

Archived