Broncos in talks with Redskins for Keenum trade

JetFreak89

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Why would Denver need to trade up for Lock?

I know we look at everything from a Jets "let's fleece somebody for extra picks" view, but this is actually a damn good move by Washington. For $3.5 mil they get a pretty decent QB. They can do whatever they want with their 15th pick now. 

Not bad for Denver either. They get rid of a QB not in their plans, and can do whatever they want with their #1 also.

Two more teams to scratch off the "fleece" list. That's Denver, Wash, Jax, and the Giants. Not many left...

Murray 1, haskins at 6, lock 7 to jags.

Denver needs to jump jax to get lock.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No they don't. Jax is going with Foles.

Not to mention your Murray scenario brings Rosen into the trade mix. He's going to go to Miami, Giants, or Patriots. I'm thinking Patriots.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Broncos should just go to war with Flacco then see what happens in 2020

Elway makes Macc look like a good QB evaluator

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Broncos should just go to war with Flacco then see what happens in 2020

Elway makes Macc look like a good QB evaluator

Lets not go crazy with the Macc as a QB evaluator thing. He overpaid the Colts to play "pin the tail on whatever QB is left" at #3 last year. He had no idea it was going to be Darnold. He fell into s**t plain and simple. Evaluator my a**!

54 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I think Rosen ends up in Miami.  The G-Men ain't giving up #6 for Rosen so they're out.  

The Cardinals aren't getting a number 1 for Rosen.    Best offer they got was third round supposedly.   Maybe they get a second rounder.

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Lets not go crazy with the Macc as a QB evaluator thing. He overpaid the Colts to play "pin the tail on whatever QB is left" at #3 last year. He had no idea it was going to be Darnold. He fell into s**t plain and simple. Evaluator my a**!

I agree.  Mac got lucky Sam fell in his lap otherwise my dog could do a better job picking qbs

18 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Why would Denver need to trade up for Lock?

I know we look at everything from a Jets "let's fleece somebody for extra picks" view, but this is actually a damn good move by Washington. For $3.5 mil they get a pretty decent QB. They can do whatever they want with their 15th pick now. 

Not bad for Denver either. They get rid of a QB not in their plans, and can do whatever they want with their #1 also.

Two more teams to scratch off the "fleece" list. That's Denver, Wash, Jax, and the Giants. Not many left...

Why? Because after the Senior Bowl and the combine there is a lot of buzz about Lock going in the top ten. Just like Mac couldn't take a chance of not landing a franchise QB last year for the Jets, Elway can't sit at 10 and hope Lock falls to him. He can't take that chance. Also, it's not "fleecing someone", it's called a trade and Denver is still in play.

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Leading up to the draft last year the "word on the street" was that MacCagnan coveted your boy Mayfield.  I clearly remember that because I was against it, and was trying my best to rationalize, and warm up to the idea of him being our pick. Yes, he fell into Darnold, but his target was Mayfield. Based on  Gettleman's, pre draft proclamations he had an educated guess that it's be one or the other.  Thus it was a pretty dead on "Evaluation" of the landscape.  Hope this helps.

10 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Leading up to the draft last year the "word on the street" was that MacCagnan coveted your boy Mayfield.  I clearly remember that because I was against it, and was trying my best to rationalize, and warm up to the idea of him being our pick. Yes, he fell into Darnold, but his target was Mayfield. Based on  Gettleman's, pre draft proclamations he had an educated guess that it's be one or the other.  Thus it was a pretty dead on "Evaluation" of the landscape.  Hope this helps.

Please don't remind me of that, LOL. I'm still trying to deal with Dorsey being smart enough to take Mayfield. ?

I remember it just the way you do, and I was pumped about getting a QB who'd "wake up feeling dangerous", but alas, it was too good to be true.

Maybe it was for the best though, there would be no living with me if Baker the TD maker was our QB....

As far as the GMs and their evaluations, you're assuming a lot about 3 men you don't know.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Ummm....did you forget Hackenberg? ONLY Mac saw the rare talent that he had and overdrafted him by about 3 rounds since he knows more than everyone else. He is in a league of his own. 

3 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

If this happens, it means no move back to #15 for the JetsThe Redskins are still hopeful that Alex Smith can return to them next season, and this is a signal that they'll try to find a one year, stop gap measure.  If Smith can't return in 2020, Keenum gives them an option until they can find another "franchise" quarterback.  Given the money owed to Smith, the current state of the Redskins roster, and the fact that Keenum doesn't suck, this looks like a logical plan.  

Alex Smith will not play another snap ever...IMO 

Archived