Mark Ingram RB

joewilly12

MARK INGRAM, NEW ORLEANS

Image result for MARK INGRAM PICS

Ingram (5-9, 215, 28 years old) posted 645 yards and six touchdowns after back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons in 2016 and 2017. Even though he's been a big part of the Saints offense, there remains question as to whether or not the they will want to or be able to keep him around. He reportedly asked for a new deal over the offseason, a request the Saints passed on. Ingram had a four-game suspension for PEDs to start the 2018 season, which won't enamor other teams, but he still could wind up being one of the best options on the market for anyone looking to sign a starting-caliber running back. Spotrac.com projects his value at $4.4 million a year over two years.

2 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

3.6ypc without his historic game.

I'm no Crowell fan, but can we also add that our O line was the turds and we had Zero legitimate passing game outside of Darnold making magic happen at the end of the season. We cut our only potentially successful WR Pryor for some weird reason mid season and then Anderson and Enunwa were hurt which messed with Sam bigly.  Our playcalling was also laughable. 

I'm all for adding to the stable, but Crowell is hardly the biggest issue. And I hate his attitude and the butt wipe BS overall, but let's be real here. He wasn't exactly playing behind the Steelers O line with the Rapist throwing to AB and JUJU or something. 

13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I'm no Crowell fan, but can we also add that our O line was the turds and we had Zero legitimate passing game outside of Darnold making magic happen at the end of the season. We cut our only potentially successful WR Pryor for some weird reason mid season and then Anderson and Enunwa were hurt which messed with Sam bigly.  Our playcalling was also laughable. 

I'm all for adding to the stable, but Crowell is hardly the biggest issue. And I hate his attitude and the butt wipe BS overall, but let's be real here. He wasn't exactly playing behind the Steelers O line with the Rapist throwing to AB and JUJU or something. 

I agree with this. However one thing to think about is the very negative that you brought up: Crowell's attitude. And specifically the butt wipe. He's a knucklehead. And while that flew with the spineless Todd Bowles, the new coach doesn't appear to be as tolerant of guys who act that way. And so it's probably better to get rid of Crowell now for someone who will be more mature and professional. 

13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

A couple of things here Bean.  You fail to mention the award winning game planning.  You know.. First down, run straight into the line, lose three yards.  2nd down, run straight into the line, lose two yards.  Third down, flanker screen, lose three yards.  4th down, Punt.

In discussing Mr. Crowell, you fail to mention his aversion to blocking for the quarterback.  It's messy work and quite bothersome, some say.

Lastly, in referring to the great  Ben Rothlesraper,  Please refer to him with the well deserved, "Serial Rapist" moniker.  Your anticipated  cooperation is appreciated.  Thank you.

I like Ingram... underrated as a pass catcher with Kamara soaking up so much praise (and deservedly so). However... Jets shouldn't shy away from high priced guys on price alone... Why save the cap space if you're not gonna use it??

35 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

him and tevin colrman would make a pretty competent duo

While true, I disagree with idea of spending FA $$$ on two RB. Get Ingram, make him primary, complement him with what you have or cheaply (draft, UDFa).

To many holes on roster.Msc sucks.

7 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I agree with this. However one thing to think about is the very negative that you brought up: Crowell's attitude. And specifically the butt wipe. He's a knucklehead. And while that flew with the spineless Todd Bowles, the new coach doesn't appear to be as tolerant of guys who act that way. And so it's probably better to get rid of Crowell now for someone who will be more mature and professional. 

I agree. The moment that happened I knew the Browns game was a loss. Can't act like that. Thats the type of team Bowles was running.  It was representative of his whole tenure here. Guys were just hangin around. No discipline. No development.  I would entertain that Crowell would do better on a more disciplined team. We shall see if they give him a shot. But Tevin Coleman is not really that much of an upgrade. I would keep Crowell if Coleman is all we could add. 

7 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

A couple of things here Bean.  You fail to mention the award winning game planning.  You know.. First down, run straight into the line, lose three yards.  2nd down, run straight into the line, lose two yards.  Third down, flanker screen, lose three yards.  4th down, Punt.

In discussing Mr. Crowell, you fail to mention his aversion to blocking for the quarterback.  It's messy work and quite bothersome, some say.

Lastly, in referring to the great  Ben Rothlesraper,  Please refer to him with the well deserved, "Serial Rapist" moniker.  Your anticipated  cooperation is appreciated.  Thank you.

Right.  We will miss Powell in that role. He took on anyone making it through the line. Too bad it was usually more than one guy huh? 

and again, I don't love Crowell and his lack of blocking is a quality reason to dislike him, but I'm not as ready to move on without someone better coming in. really better. IF Bell comes here, we can let Crowell go or maybe even trade him for a 7th or something. But off it's Coleman, I'd keep him. 

How is Coleman with blocking? I honestly don't know. 

Like Bell, he's a RB approaching 30, with some wear on his tires. Can't get too excited about signing him and don't think he'll be much of an upgrade on Crowell. But if we do.....whatever.... it won't cost us any draft picks and hopefully he'll have a nice 1-2 year stay here with above average stats. Can't expect much more.

the back to sign is bell

ingram is not the same guy but decent

for the coleman crew you must not watch football-he is terrible-how many games did he rush for under 50 yards last year-how many games did he rush for under 15 yards-how did he perform against better run defense  teams and lastly when given the  chance to shine when freeman went down  he was terrible so much that the  falcons used a scrub  named ito smith in important situations

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

PLEASE - no old RB's and if we're going to go that route, go big and get Bell (who's 2 years younger than Ingram).  If you can't sign Bell, draft a few RB's and let them fight it out. 

Ingram only has three seasons north of 200 carries, maxing out at 230.  He was viewed as a disappointment early in his career but has really come on the last few years. He’s proven he can be a workhorse and if it weren’t for Kamara, he would be 

So people want to sign a 29 year old complementary back to go with our awesome RB's already on the team (sarcasm), but don't want to sign a 27 year old back who had the greatest all around 6 year run in nfl history while being a 3 down back bc he's apparently too old? What am I missing here? You can't say money bc money is not an issue for 4 more years.

13 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Ingram only has three seasons north of 200 carries, maxing out at 230.  He was viewed as a disappointment early in his career but has really come on the last few years. He’s proven he can be a workhorse and if it weren’t for Kamara, he would be 

He's still taken some abuse as a tough, hard nosed runner, but your point is well taken.  However, RB's tend to fall off a cliff at around 30, so I don't view him as a long term solution which is what I think the Jets should be looking for.  Getting guys like Ingram and then replacing him in a few years is not the best way to create stability and familiarity with your young QB.  Darnold needs to be surrounded by players that are going to be able to mesh and grow with him and be around as a unit for more than a year or two at a time IMO.  

18 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Like Bell, he's a RB approaching 30, with some wear on his tires. Can't get too excited about signing him and don't think he'll be much of an upgrade on Crowell. But if we do.....whatever.... it won't cost us any draft picks and hopefully he'll have a nice 1-2 year stay here with above average stats. Can't expect much more.

Approaching 30? Bell just turned 27 a month ago, and rested the entire prior season without being due to rehabbing a major injury. He's got 3 more seasons before his 30th birthday.

I'm sympathetic to the idea that he's not worth the major money he'll get, but he's a significant upgrade over Crowell.

Crowell had 1 excellent game vs Denver, another where it appears far better on paper because of a later 62-yd TD run after we already had a 41-17 lead (against a deflated and then-disfunctional Lions defense, who was torched for almost 200 yds on the ground a week later). The rest of the season he was typically a change of pace back who couldn't bounce a meh but far more reliable & consistent Bilal Powell from the starting job. He's a real home run threat, but he sucks 4x times for every game he didn't. The team doesn't get the option to transfer a little bit of one big game and disperse some yards here or there to other games where those extra yards were needed more. 

They'd cut/trade him immediately after picking up, making Bell's net cost closer to $11MM than $15MM. So it's not whether Bell is a $15MM upgrade; it's whether he's an $11MM upgrade while continuing to break in a 22 year-old QB. When Darnold's more established and performing - particularly when he's on his next $$$$ contract - then I doubt I'd consider such money for a RB.  

I'm still on the fence myself, but only because I don't know what guarantees are required to be the top bidder. If it's guaranteeing 3 years at $15-16MM, forget it. Two years? When breaking in a young QB I'd grudgingly pay for that luxury more than I'd pay for a $15MM/year CB while we're obvious non-contenders. 

I'm one of the few that prefers Ingram over Coleman or anything back really.

• I expect a Thomas Jones caliber 3rd act from him
  • Its wayyy easier in this class to find a 3rd down/COP back

In other words, It's easier and wiser IMO to sign Ingram and draft a Williams, Singletary or what have you, then it would be to sign Coleman and find a Ingram in this draft class. 

2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

thomas_jones--300x300.jpg

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

So people want to sign a 29 year old complementary back to go with our awesome RB's already on the team (sarcasm), but don't want to sign a 27 year old back who had the greatest all around 6 year run in nfl history while being a 3 down back bc he's apparently too old? What am I missing here? You can't say money bc money is not an issue for 4 more years.

in a nutshell?

• Dont' actually trust he's going to be the guy he was 2 years ago
  • In september, will have been away from full contact football for 1.8 years. Not always a good thing.
  • had a 400 touch season last he played
  • ridiculous amount of money 

Not saying he's going to suck, but lord do the posters JN gloss over the very real concerns. 

Aside from all that, I doubt we're not going to be Bell and his Agent's number 1 choice. They're going to want to land where his numbers will remain high so he can angle for another extension/contract in 2-3 years. 

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

While true, I disagree with idea of spending FA $$$ on two RB. Get Ingram, make him primary, complement him with what you have or cheaply (draft, UDFa).

To many holes on roster.Msc sucks.

we have tons of cap space and neither will cost much

Archived