Antonio Brown NOT traded to Buffalo (Rumor)

Rhg1084

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great move for the Bills if AB does not retire - LOL - at least they are making an attempt to help their young QB (I was never a fan of Allen but a WR like AB could catch some of those 5 yard errant passes, could be good together, talent is there, as well as risk, lots and lots of risk)

Also if AB blows this deal up, it's another strike on the NFL, bad teams are probably bad forever if this becomes the norm (fans need hope and/or lots of alcohol) - could make it more difficult for the Jets to sign Bell

Watch out for the pats* to swoop in with a 5th rounder, sadly there are only a few other teams that are a better location for AB than the Steelers; Saints, Chiefs, maybe Dallas, would he go to Carolina?  Raiders moving to Vegas could help, not a ton of options that would make him "happy"

1 hour ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

This might be an awkward locker room item... 

Buffalo Bills Safety, Baby Daddy, and Newlywed Jordan Poyer cheated on his wife of 5 months, Rachel Bush-Poyer.

She has left him, and put the "model" he cheated with on blast. Also, changing her insta-thot handle back to Rachel Bush, rather than Rachel Bush-Poyer.

Jordan has apologized via twitter.

Plot twist: Rachel allegedly cheated on Jordan with Steelers wide receiver and EA cover Antonio Brown prior to their wedding. 

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/jordan-poyer-cheats-on-rachel-bush.1747120/

When will women understand that how you get them is how you lose them...

I just can't fathom how he's going to enjoy playing football in Buffalo? Subzero temperatures and a QB that can only run the ball. Maybe he'll lateral the ball to AB because that's the only way he'll ever hit him.

4 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Great move for the Bills if AB does not retire - LOL - at least they are making an attempt to help their young QB (I was never a fan of Allen but a WR like AB could catch some of those 5 yard errant passes, could be good together, talent is there, as well as risk, lots and lots of risk)

Also if AB blows this deal up, it's another strike on the NFL, bad teams are probably bad forever if this becomes the norm (fans need hope and/or lots of alcohol) - could make it more difficult for the Jets to sign Bell

Watch out for the pats* to swoop in with a 5th rounder, sadly there are only a few other teams that are a better location for AB than the Steelers; Saints, Chiefs, maybe Dallas, would he go to Carolina?  Raiders moving to Vegas could help, not a ton of options that would make him "happy"

I would be shocked if the Steelers let him go to New England.

AB was talking about playing in sunny California for either the 49ers or Raiders. Now he will be playing in snowy Buffalo next season. What's funny AB could threaten that he will retire, he is going to try and do a Bell by sitting out one season. But he forgets he is signed for 3 years, so if this trade stands, he will be Buffalos property for the next three years. He says he will retire let him, only surprise here is if he sits out like Bell, and unretires, he still will be Buffalos property. AB can't pick and choose where he wants to go, and the Steelers are not going to accommodate him as everyone can see.  

AB wanted out and the Steelers obliged, but it wasn't where he wanted to or expected to go.

This is the sense I'm getting. The trade details between Pitt and Buffalo were finalized and subsequently leaked to Rapaport. Brown refused to show up which was the reason you were hearing from "NFL sources", which are agents typically, that the deal wasn't done yet. Now, Schefter is getting info from a person "involved in those talks" that the deal was never close to happening. Which to me means the Bills are trying to save face after Brown told them to eff off.

AB has a ton of power in this bc he can refuse to show. Nobody wants to trade for a guy and then that guy retires. There's a reason he put out that statement about not needing to play football. It was to let Pittsburgh know that they couldn't just cast him off to some sh*t hole City. I wouldn't be surprised if his agent told him to make that statement. He is basically in charge of where he goes.

5 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

This is the real point. Of course the guy can play football, but I would not want him. I'm actually a fan of the 70's-80's Raiders teams that were basically a collection of malcontents. I am a fan of taking on problem guys in a reclamation project. AB is not a problem guy. He's a divisive guy. He's the epitome of selfish guy. He is the kind of guy who doesn't play the last game of the season when your team is playing for a playoff spot because of some personal BS vendetta he has going on. Teams like the Jets and Buffalo etc should never attempt to start the rebuild (this IS year one right?) with a player like him. Never!

I don't like that Bell didn't play on the franchise tag, but the AB thing is much worse. These guys are disregarding the NFL rules. If he refuses to go to where he's traded, this will be bad for the league. When he rejects the buffalo trade I hope teams see that trading for this guy is a bad idea and don't support this erosive mindset AB is spreading throughout the NFL. He's a major problem and any success he has on the field will more than likely be overshadowed by how it all ends. In a great fire. 

Buffalo can have him... if he doesn't cry his way out of the deal. 

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

So Brown killed the deal

Seems that way.

So does Buffalo come out of this looking better or worse by trying to mess around with a discontent like AB?  Whatever damage control they send out there, I'm sure the buffalo players and org. are feeling great about themselves right about now.  This should really bolster their FA hopes and dreams. 

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

Seems that way.

So does Buffalo come out of this looking better or worse by trying to mess around with a discontent like AB?  Whatever damage control they send out there, I'm sure the buffalo players and org. are feeling great about themselves right about now.  This should really bolster their FA hopes and dreams. 

If I'm them I don't feel so great about it. Brown refusing to go to Buffalo is an embarrassment for them in the NFL community and not a good look. They need help at WR and this may deter other people from going there without way overpaying them. I think the front office and fans thought with Josh Allen they were passed having to do that. It seems like they're not

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If I'm them I don't feel so great about it. Brown refusing to go to Buffalo is an embarrassment for them in the NFL community and not a good look. They need help at WR and this may deter other people from going there without way overpaying them. I think the front office and fans thought with Josh Allen they were passed having to do that. It seems like they're not

I could not agree more that it's embarrassing at the very least. The potential damage to FA is yet to be seen, but it's a very real possibility. He hurt the Bills org last night. This is without AB even going there.  lol   Anyone pinning to have AB should look at how damaging one night with him was for the Bills. This guy is hot garbage whose potential to ruin a team far outweighs his potential to carry you over the mountain. 

This is like buying a cute little Mogwai from a blind man in a creepy basement store. DON'T DO IT!!! lol 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

If he refuses a trade does he have to sit out a year then he’s a FA?

He only “killed” the deal by saying their young quarterback sucked and he doesn’t want to be in Buffalo. Technically, the Bills walked away. 

Looks like AB wouldn't show in Buffalo so the deal is dead.  He's forcing the Steelers to take less compensation, screwing them, to get to a better team.  He did say he could retire so he seems to have all the leverage.

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Looks like AB wouldn't show in Buffalo so the deal is dead.  He's forcing the Steelers to take less compensation, screwing them, to get to a better team.  He did say he could retire so he seems to have all the leverage.

And it looks like no team is stepping up for him right now

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001021489/article/buffalo-bills-deal-for-antonio-brown-falls-through

After intense negotiations, a potential deal between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Buffalo Bills for disgruntled wide receiver Antonio Brown has fallen through, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, via a source close to the situation.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

Just posted on NFL.com, in place of their previous "Closing In on a Trade ..." story

Archived