Antonio Brown NOT traded to Buffalo (Rumor)

Rhg1084

18 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

He was insisting it was "  going through" .

Guess ol' Rapsheet is gonna have to check with AB next time he wants to break a story! :-P

Seriously, happy to hear Macc has no interest in this guy. Dude is a ticking timebomb.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

What happened to the silly little theory the Steelers would NEVER trade Antonio Brown to an AFC team?

IF Antonio Brown ends up with an AFC EAST rival I will be pissed. I never wanted to keep Mac here, but have accepted him staying and been open to giving him another chance with this new coaching staff. If he screws up this off-season and misses out on all the studs in the trade market and free agency then I'll already be prepared for his pussy safe route virtue signaling draft. But hey l, we'll have cool uniforms and be brainwashed Mac had a good off-season.

They said they wouldn’t trade to Pats or AFC North team

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Offer a 3, swap 6th round positions and hang up.  If the phone rings then great, if it doesn't oh well, who cares.  

Brown may have peaked already but he would be a weapon for Darnold.  This can also show FA WR's in the future what Darnold can do with them them (assuming we don't draft a stud WR)

I don't want him here if he was free.  The first time Darnold throws a TD pass at Herndon or Robbie, this buffoon would stomp off the field because he was feeling disrespected.  I seriously doubt he's worth more than a 5th now to anyone except maybe Snyder who's always good for overpaying someone.

35 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Pittsburgh isnt a franchise I'd want to piss off as a player. They could just let him rot there. It's not like he has many takers now either and hes stated he doesnt need football so if no trade, hell probably just retire. 

They didn’t back down with Bell so I think your right. 

8 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Offer a 3, swap 6th round positions and hang up.  If the phone rings then great, if it doesn't oh well, who cares.  

Brown may have peaked already but he would be a weapon for Darnold.  This can also show FA WR's in the future what Darnold can do with them them (assuming we don't draft a stud WR)

Hell no. 

36 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Pittsburgh isnt a franchise I'd want to piss off as a player. They could just let him rot there. It's not like he has many takers now either and hes stated he doesnt need football so if no trade, hell probably just retire. 

The Steelers botched the Bell situation and instead of getting at least a 1st round pick had they traded him last offseason they'll be getting a 3rd round comp pick in 2020. They will get no comp pick with Brown so they are forced to trade him. That limited their leverage and even more so now that Brown can actively kill any trade by refusing to play for whatever team is making the trade. They will wind up getting a mid round pick (3-5) for a top 10 WR. Which means at best they will receive two 3rd round picks for arguably the best RB and WR in the league. The Steelers GM may have had the worst two off-seasons in NFL history by misplaying his hand. The Steelers are a dumpster fire. Karma for employing a rapist.

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I don't want him here if he was free.  The first time Darnold throws a TD pass at Herndon or Robbie, this buffoon would stomp off the field because he was feeling disrespected.  I seriously doubt he's worth more than a 5th now to anyone except maybe Snyder who's always good for overpaying someone.

Brown has actually never done that. His problem in Pittsburgh, and reportedly many of the players issues, was Big Ben the Rapist throwing everyone under the bus on his weekly radio show. Brown being an issue in Pittsburgh is being way overblown. He's being a dick now bc he wants to force his way out and that's how you do it.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

The Steelers botched the Bell situation and instead of getting at least a 1st round pick had they traded him last offseason they'll be getting a 3rd round comp pick in 2020. They will get no comp pick with Brown so they are forced to trade him. That limited their leverage and even more so now that Brown can actively kill any trade by refusing to play for whatever team is making the trade. They will wind up getting a mid round pick (3-5) for a top 10 WR. Which means at best they will receive two 3rd round picks for arguably the best RB and WR in the league. The Steelers GM may have had the worst two off-seasons in NFL history by misplaying his hand. The Steelers are a dumpster fire. Karma for employing a rapist.

On the other hand, that same GM has replaced them with players who seemingly can do most, if not all of what the first two did.  There are more than few people here who don't want to accept it, for reasons I cannot begin to fathom, but Conner and Smith-Schuster are highly productive players who appear to be stars-in-the-making. 

Either it's the system and players around them, which means Bell and Brown maybe aren't all that, or the Steelers' GM is pretty good at that part of his job - not that us Jets fans would even know what that looked like :)

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

On the other hand, that same GM has replaced them with players who seemingly can do most, if not all of what the first two did.  There are more than few people here who don't want to accept it, for reasons I cannot begin to fathom, but Conner and Smith-Schuster are highly productive players who appear to be stars-in-the-making. 

Either it's the system and players around them, which means Bell and Brown maybe aren't all that, or the Steelers' GM is pretty good at that part of his job - not that us Jets fans would even know what that looked like :)

Conner is not close to the player Bell was. Bell is on track to be a hall of famer. Conner slowed way down the 2nd half of the season.

Brown has had the most receptions, yards and receiving TD's in the NFL since 2011. Doing all of that while being the focal point of every secondary they play against. Juju will have to prove he can do the same before he's crowned as on par with Brown.

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Brown has actually never done that. His problem in Pittsburgh, and reportedly many of the players issues, was Big Ben the Rapist throwing everyone under the bus on his weekly radio show. Brown being an issue in Pittsburgh is being way overblown. He's being a dick now bc he wants to force his way out and that's how you do it.

Maybe I'm confusing some of this with OBJ, but there were a few moments.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/01/Antonio-Brown-says-no-regrets-over-sideline-temper-tantrum-Ben-Roethlisberger-Le-Veon-Bell-Steelers/stories/201710010229

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/09/17/antonio-browns-sideline-outburst-adds-to-the-steelers-soap-opera-season/?utm_term=.6e5ce464fd6c

One can be a 'moment'.  Two starts to look like a pattern.  I think there were more.  And meanwhile, where is the guy who said this about Bell last year?

"Well, the first rule of getting better is showing up," Brown said. "You can't make anything better without showing up. So I think if you show up, I think everyone will understand where you want to be. That you wants to be here not just this year but for years to come. Come out here and show up, show you want to get better and show guys you're serious."

To me, this guy is a train wreck who makes TO look like a boy scout.

Look Brown was not a problem all these years with the Steelers until this season. Or at least not so bad that they wanted to get rid of him. And he's been there since 2010. So if the price is right and he is willing to sign a deal with the Jets it should be under consideration. 

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Conner is not close to the player Bell was. Bell is on track to be a hall of famer. Conner slowed way down the 2nd half of the season.

Brown has had the most receptions, yards and receiving TD's in the NFL since 2011. Doing all of that while being the focal point of every secondary they play against. Juju will have to prove he can do the same before he's crowned as on par with Brown.

We're into the 'opinion zone' here so I'll just state some of why I disagree.

Conner's 4.5 Y/A were better than Bell's career average and his 12 TDs were better than Bell's best season ever.  Conner caught 55 passes for 497 yards in his first season as a starter, besting Bell's numbers.  Now Bell ramped up his pass catching in year 2, but Conner hasn't even gotten there yet.  Yes, he did slow down in the 2nd half, but you could look at that both ways - imagine his numbers if he'd played at 100% the whole season.  Putting in simply, they don't miss Bell the way most thought they might, and maybe not at all.  Year 2 will be interesting though.

As for Brown, you can cherry pick a time frame and yes, he has the most production.  But over the last 3 years, Hopkins, Julio, Evans and Michael Thomas have all put up equally amazing numbers. JJS has had two really impressive seasons.  Let's see how he looks next year if AB isn't playing and then revisit this.  Not saying Brown isn't a great WR, but I'm not sure how much of it is Ben and the PIT system and if Conner and Smith continue to look like Bell and Brown, that's going to be an interesting debate. 

Which is also why Brown may not want any part of BUF.  Because if his numbers plummet while Smith's go up, it will support the argument.  And one thing I do feel confident in saying.....AB is all and only about AB.

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Maybe I'm confusing some of this with OBJ, but there were a few moments.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/01/Antonio-Brown-says-no-regrets-over-sideline-temper-tantrum-Ben-Roethlisberger-Le-Veon-Bell-Steelers/stories/201710010229

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/09/17/antonio-browns-sideline-outburst-adds-to-the-steelers-soap-opera-season/?utm_term=.6e5ce464fd6c

One can be a 'moment'.  Two starts to look like a pattern.  I think there were more.  And meanwhile, where is the guy who said this about Bell last year?

To me, this guy is a train wreck who makes TO look like a boy scout.

You're judging a guy bc he shouts on the sideline? To me that shows me a guy who is passionate and wants to win. The idea that Brown didn't show up for the last game is false. He showed up and the Steelers decided not to play him. Probably bc he was so upset over the rapist throwing him under the bus after the game the previous week. That's when Ben threw an Int to a linemen at the goal line at the end of the game and blamed it on AB's route. He was obviously fed up with Ben not taking or getting blame. That's why he said Big Ben the rapist had an owners mentality

10 minutes ago, King P said:

I see people still really hate when players take control of their own career ?

Good job AB ??

Some people may hate when a player takes control over their own career.  However, I think more so, like with Revis, we're Jets fans.  We don't cheer for Darrelle Revis's bank account nor do we get any satisfaction from his financial success.  We just want the Jets to win.  So, regarding the only interest I take in this hobby we all share, in the long term Revis's behavior was a negative to that.  Same, I imagine, for Antonio Brown.

19 minutes ago, King P said:

Good job AB ??

Except when he loses control of his career because he lost control of his life and priorities.  

8 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I just think he hates Big Ben.

He and Big Ben helped make each other stars.  He should brush the ego stuff aside.  Any team that is willing to pay him and give up a high pick is going to be pretty scrubby and will most likely have a mediocre QB.  I know people have mentioned the Packers but I'm extremely skeptical.

8 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Watch out for the pats* to swoop in with a 5th rounder, sadly there are only a few other teams that are a better location for AB than the Steelers; Saints, Chiefs, maybe Dallas, would he go to Carolina?  Raiders moving to Vegas could help, not a ton of options that would make him "happy"

The Pats would never pay him.

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except when he loses control of his career because he lost control of his life and priorities.  

His priority is his happiness and his money. He wants to go somewhere that he can win and doesn’t have a toxic environment. The Steelers employ a guy accused of multiple sexual assaults, that uses a radio show as a platform to discuss team matters but somehow Brown is the bad guy?

21 minutes ago, King P said:

Good job AB ??

Take control of his career:

He gets drafted to a team, who give him a LARGE contract.  He is notoriously late for meetings, shuns responsibility, makes everyone tap dance around his prima-donna attitude, sucks his thumb and quits when he feels 'slighted' because they don't want to throw the ball to him, misses an ACTUAL game because he's pissed, says he wants to be traded, and then whines because he doesn't want to go to a particular team.

You might call that as taking control of your career.  Others, like myself, call that being a whiny little ******

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Some people may hate when a player takes control over their own career.  However, I think more so, like with Revis, we're Jets fans.  We don't cheer for Darrelle Revis's bank account nor do we get any satisfaction from his financial success.  We just want the Jets to win.  So, regarding the only interest I take in this hobby we all share, in the long term Revis's behavior was a negative to that.  Same, I imagine, for Antonio Brown.

You've said this before. 1st off, all of us are Jets fans and we want to see the Jets win.

It's not a matter of cheering for an individual players success. It's about being cognizant of the fact that football is ultimately a business and both sides (players and owners) will be looking for ways they can benefit the most.

Problem is most of us fans have no problem when the owners do it, but when the players do it (as shown by Bell & AB) it is a problem.

The fact of the matter is that I can undoubtedly say that most fans inherently have an owners mentality, and so they always side with the owners over the players. And so they act like company shills while doing it under the guise of "I just want to root for my team and see them win"

59 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Brown was not a problem all these years with the Steelers until this season. Or at least not so bad that they wanted to get rid of him. And he's been there since 2010. So if the price is right and he is willing to sign a deal with the Jets it should under consideration. 

I love how posters think Leveon Bell with a documented drug history, suspension and AWOL season is a saint but Antonio Brown is Charles Manson because he didn’t get along with Rapistburger after he did for 7 years

19 minutes ago, King P said:

You've said this before. 1st off, all of us are Jets fans and we want to see the Jets win.

It's not a matter of cheering for an individual players success. It's about being cognizant of the fact that football is ultimately a business and both sides (players and owners) will be looking for ways they can benefit the most.

Problem is most of us fans have no problem when the owners do it, but when the players do it (as shown by Bell & AB) it is a problem.

The fact of the matter is that I can undoubtedly say that most fans inherently have an owners mentality, and so they always side with the owners over the players. And so they act like company shills while doing it under the guise of "I just want to root for my team and see them win"

Back it up with some examples. I'm interested.

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Seems that way.

So does Buffalo come out of this looking better or worse by trying to mess around with a discontent like AB?  Whatever damage control they send out there, I'm sure the buffalo players and org. are feeling great about themselves right about now.  This should really bolster their FA hopes and dreams. 

The onus is on Antonio Brown.  At least the Bills tried.  Push.

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Jets should trade next year’s first for Antonio Brown

otherwise enjoy watching Sam try to come from behind next year with trash like Donte Moncrief and Eric Tomlinson 

Phil.  Do you watch any internet videos "featuring" the escapades of this nut, or read any of his tweets and/or comments?  He can't even lay low in order to facilitate a trade to one of his "desired" destinations.  Tick, tick, tick...…..

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

Back it up with some examples. I'm interested.

1 example of this I remember is with the Jets is when they tried to get Percy Harvin to restructure his deal. He said no and fans lauded him for it, calling him selfish for not taking less money. Yet at the same time people get mad when a player asks and holds out for more money. Fans tell players to honor their contracts, yet when the front office doesn't want to honor the players contract and wants a player to restructure and he refuses, the player gets the heat for not giving up money even though it's the owner that doesn't want to honor the contract ?

Not to mention the everlasting example of a player wanting to be traded and being called selfish yet the team has the ability to trade any player whenever they want and nobody will blink an eye because "it's part of business/the game" But the players are the ones that need to be loyal ?

Archived