Antonio Brown NOT traded to Buffalo (Rumor)

Rhg1084

35 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Take control of his career:

He gets drafted to a team, who give him a LARGE contract.  He is notoriously late for meetings, shuns responsibility, makes everyone tap dance around his prima-donna attitude, sucks his thumb and quits when he feels 'slighted' because they don't want to throw the ball to him, misses an ACTUAL game because he's pissed, says he wants to be traded, and then whines because he doesn't want to go to a particular team.

You might call that as taking control of your career.  Others, like myself, call that being a whiny little ******

A lot of what you just said is not true. He didn't get mad bc they didn't throw him the ball. He got mad bc Big Ben threw him under the bus for the previous weeks loss and also had been throwing many players under the bus on his weekly radio show.

I've never heard of him being late for meetings. I'd love for you to provide some proof of that if you're going to throw out accusations.

He missed a game bc the Steelers CHOSE to not make him active. He showed up for the game. 

He actually didn't whine about the potential trade to the Bills. He just let them know he wouldn't go there. They still could've made the trade and tried to talk him into playing there but they chose to not risk it. 

You should really do some research.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understand fans siding with billionaires over millionaires. The teams trade and cut these guys like they're slaves and nobody says a thing about it but the minute a player tries to take control of his own situation he's a whiny ungrateful bitch. 

31 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Jets should trade next year’s first for Antonio Brown

otherwise enjoy watching Sam try to come from behind next year with trash like Donte Moncrief and Eric Tomlinson 

Sounds like it wouldn't even take that much. FAN just said rumor is the cost to Buffalo was swapping #1s this year (Buffalo giving up #9 and Buffalo getting AB & #20)

I actually brought up this type of scenario a few weeks ago

3 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Sounds like it wouldn't even take that much. FAN just said rumor is the cost to Buffalo was swapping #1s this year (Buffalo giving up #9 and Buffalo getting AB & #20)

That works out to be an early 2nd round value. I'm thinking if they drop their asking price to a 3 they'll be getting a lot more calls. Probably from the Jets as well.

58 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

His priority is his happiness and his money. He wants to go somewhere that he can win and doesn’t have a toxic environment. The Steelers employ a guy accused of multiple sexual assaults, that uses a radio show as a platform to discuss team matters but somehow Brown is the bad guy?

Nice story.  But yes, Brown is the bad guy.  His history as a Steeler says he is.  His happiness is he can do what he wants to do and no one will tell him otherwise.  Not quite how football teams work. 

Ben being accused of something that, like it or not, was never proven, years ago, has nothing to do with AB.  

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Maybe I'm confusing some of this with OBJ, but there were a few moments.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/01/Antonio-Brown-says-no-regrets-over-sideline-temper-tantrum-Ben-Roethlisberger-Le-Veon-Bell-Steelers/stories/201710010229

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/09/17/antonio-browns-sideline-outburst-adds-to-the-steelers-soap-opera-season/?utm_term=.6e5ce464fd6c

One can be a 'moment'.  Two starts to look like a pattern.  I think there were more.  And meanwhile, where is the guy who said this about Bell last year?

To me, this guy is a train wreck who makes TO look like a boy scout.

Couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I never understand fans siding with billionaires over millionaires. The teams trade and cut these guys like they're slaves and nobody says a thing about it but the minute a player tries to take control of his own situation he's a whiny ungrateful bitch. 

History lesson, slaves didn't become millionaires playing for slave owners.  These slaves have lots of rights that they exercise that most people wish they had in their professions.  Yes they can be traded or cut, we can be fired and th checks stop.  And too bad they go into it knowing that and it's the tradeoff for making millions before you've even played a single snap.  How much did Hack make?  What should he have made? 

You side with whoever you feel is right, no matter which side it is.  You don't side with owners because they're the owners anymore than you take the "they're just like slaves" approach 

15 minutes ago, choon328 said:

That works out to be an early 2nd round value. I'm thinking if they drop their asking price to a 3 they'll be getting a lot more calls. Probably from the Jets as well.

Very possible, but if AB keeps saying he won't play for a lot of teams, it limits the Steelers options.

I don't want the Jets to give up any picks for him, but if it involved just swapping positions, I think you have to consider it.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

History lesson, slaves didn't become millionaires playing for slave owners.  These Slavs have lots of rights that they exercise that most people wish they had.  Yes they can be traded or cut, too bad they go into it knowing that and it's the tradeoff for making millions before you've even played a single snap.  

You side with whoever you feel is right, no matter which side it is.  You don't side with owners because they're the owners anymore than you take the "they're just like slaves" approach 

They obviously aren't slaves. But the owners use them until they don't have a need for them and they ship them elsewhere or cut ties altogether while typically only paying half of the contract that they gave the player. So if they can do that then why can't a player use his leverage to get more money out of the team before his contract is up? 

6 minutes ago, nico002 said:

we don't have the draft capital to get AB- end of story. The packers not being interested is absolutely asinine IMO. They have two first round picks and 3 years (tops ) of prime rodgers. 

Report/rumor is that the Bills deal only involved swapping 1st round draft positions.

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

Very possible, but if AB keeps saying he won't play for a lot of teams, it limits the Steelers options.

I don't want the Jets to give up any picks for him, but if it involved just swapping positions, I think you have to consider it.

Steelers we're asking for a 1st. Obviously no body is paying that price. But if it's a 3rd or 4th rounder, or swapping 1sts, why not?

Just now, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Steelers we're asking for a 1st. Obviously no body is paying that price. But if it's a 3rd or 4th rounder, or swapping 1sts, why not?

Other than he's been acting like someone who has lost all touch with reality and wants a lot more money, you'd have to consider it.

12 minutes ago, kelly said:

Jets should pursue Antonio Brown after failed Bills deal, stop babying Sam Darnold           https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-jets-antonio-brown-20190308-story.html 

I'm not a fan of Mehta but in this story he's right. Macc is a passive GM who doesn't have the balls to go get what the team needs. He sets a value and never goes below or above that. That's why he won't sign any real big difference makers this year and he will stay put in the draft. The Jets will win 6 games and Darnold's improvement will be incremental instead of a big jump. And it will be infuriating watching players we want and need sign big deals with teams who have $60 million in cap space less than the Jets.

Bills fire back as Antonio Brown saga takes latest absurd turn

March 8, 2019 | 9:08am | Updated 

Enlarge Image
Antonio Brown
Antonio BrownGetty Images

We didn’t want you, either.

The Bills ran from an Antonio Brown report that surfaced Thursday night from NFL Network saying that Buffalo and Pittsburgh were closing in on a trade for the mercurial receiver.

“We inquired about Antonio Brown on Tuesday, and kept talks open with the Steelers,” Bills GM Brandon Beane said in a statement.

“We had positive discussions, but ultimately it didn’t make sense for either side. As great a player as Antonio Brown is, we have moved on and our focus is on free agency.”

ESPN reported that the talks between the Bills and Steelers did not get as close to the finish line as NFL Network claimed. Brown was quick to characterize the story as “fake news” on social media.

These last months have made clear that the one thing you do not want on your team is an unhappy Brown, who torpedoed his Steelers career by disappearing from the team before Week 17 and launched social media attacks throughout the offseason.

Reports earlier in the week indicated that the Steelers anticipated a deal being done by Friday. For now, the drama goes on.

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

They obviously aren't slaves. But the owners use them until they don't have a need for them and they ship them elsewhere or cut ties altogether while typically only paying half of the contract that they gave the player. So if they can do that then why can't a player use his leverage to get more money out of the team before his contract is up? 

So?  You start sucking at your job and you get fired.  That's life.  They also sign for big money, have play fall off and keep cashing their checks.  Mo was stealing money when he didn't perform under his big contract.  He had to be paid part of that deal when he sure as shlt didn't deserve to get paid what he was being paid.  Works both ways. 

5 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Swapping firsts for the Jets would be akin to giving the Steelers the 9th pick in the draft. I would trade the late 3rd and a 4th/5th next year.

This  "retirement talk" is a lot of Bull.  Antonio Brown likes money.  Thrives on it as far as we can tell.  If the Steelers have the mindset to call his bluff, play hardball and  "force" him to retire by not trading him to a desired landing spot, they have remedies they can pursue. The 19 million signing bonus is not beyond a claw back option. Below is the explanation of the Barry Sanders rule. Pretty sure AB doesn't want to have to sit out a season, or more, and have to pay back a portion of that signing bonus.  Just guessing.

Okay, there are actually two "buts" for retirements. When a player retires, the team has the option to pursue the return of a portion of the signing bonus equal to the unplayed portions of the contract, and that money is no longer counted against the salary cap. This is typically done through an arbitrator. This is known as the "Barry Sanders Rule" because this is exactly how the situation played out in his case, as he was required to pay back a portion of his bonus. The difference between now and then is there was no precedent when Sanders played; now, it's explicitly written into the CBA to allow for this arbitration.

1 hour ago, King P said:

You've said this before. 1st off, all of us are Jets fans and we want to see the Jets win.

It's not a matter of cheering for an individual players success. It's about being cognizant of the fact that football is ultimately a business and both sides (players and owners) will be looking for ways they can benefit the most.

Problem is most of us fans have no problem when the owners do it, but when the players do it (as shown by Bell & AB) it is a problem.

The fact of the matter is that I can undoubtedly say that most fans inherently have an owners mentality, and so they always side with the owners over the players. And so they act like company shills while doing it under the guise of "I just want to root for my team and see them win"

Well, I think the idea that ownership stays, and players don't leads us to take the "owners mentality."

I don't celebrate the Jets cutting a player so Woody Johnson can make some extra money pay the HOAs for his UES apartment.  But, I do appreciate smart financial decisions on the side of management that ultimately can lead to the Jets success.  That's kind of the whole point - good financial management by the owners (management) is much more likely to lead to team success than good financial management by the players.  The Jets did not benefit from Revis's hold-outs, so as  a Jets fan, I don't like it.  The Steelers don't benefit from Bell's position, and they didn't feel like they benefited from giving Bell a big contract, so as someone that doesn't believe in big money contracts for RBs, I'd side with the Steelers.

Unless there's an example or explanation of how the player getting what's best for himself is in the best interest of the team, I don't see how fans can be blamed, or accused of hidden agendas, for being unhappy when a player holds out or forces a trade, or whatever.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So?  You start sucking at your job and you get fired.  That's life.  They also sign for big money, have play fall off and keep cashing their checks.  Mo was stealing money when he didn't perform under his big contract.  He had to be paid part of that deal when he sure as shlt didn't deserve to get paid what he was being paid.  Works both ways. 

So if a guy plays bad and didn't live up to his contract it's ok for the teams to get rid of him and basically not pay him half of the contract he signed. So if a guy is out playing his contract why can't he rip up his contract and look for a new one?  

Plus, these teams make way more money off of these players than they actually pay them. Each team was given $255 million last year as part of the revenue sharing. $80 million more than the salary cap for 2018. Then on top of that number is ticket sales and concessions. There is not one person in this world who should feel bad for ownership in the NFL when a player wants to maximize his value before the team releases him and keeps half the money he signed for. The players need to go all in on fully guaranteed contracts next CBA.

12 minutes ago, choon328 said:

So if a guy plays bad and didn't live up to his contract it's ok for the teams to get rid of him and basically not pay him half of the contract he signed. So if a guy is out playing his contract why can't he rip up his contract and look for a new one?  

Plus, these teams make way more money off of these players than they actually pay them. Each team was given $255 million last year as part of the revenue sharing. $80 million more than the salary cap for 2018. Then on top of that number is ticket sales and concessions. There is not one person in this world who should feel bad for ownership in the NFL when a player wants to maximize his value before the team releases him and keeps half the money he signed for. The players need to go all in on fully guaranteed contracts next CBA.

Yes it is.  So if a player is sucking, like Mo, why can't a team say we're cutting your pay, you aren't living up to the deal?  You know, like in the real world that the rest of the human race works under.

Is this really hard to understand or are you just one of those who flat out hates "the man"?  The players get a fair share of revenue.  And here's the key.  If they don't like it they can take their talents into another profession and do better.  Only tomsome does making a ridiculous amount of money, 100 mil and more fall under slave labor when they don't perform.  Here's clue, teams are happy to pay big money to players who deserve it, play up to their deals. 

You have a I hate corp world mentality, I'm done, we'll never agree when you can't even consider the other scenarios. 

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

A lot of what you just said is not true. He didn't get mad bc they didn't throw him the ball. He got mad bc Big Ben threw him under the bus for the previous weeks loss and also had been throwing many players under the bus on his weekly radio show.

I've never heard of him being late for meetings. I'd love for you to provide some proof of that if you're going to throw out accusations.

He missed a game bc the Steelers CHOSE to not make him active. He showed up for the game. 

He actually didn't whine about the potential trade to the Bills. He just let them know he wouldn't go there. They still could've made the trade and tried to talk him into playing there but they chose to not risk it. 

You should really do some research.

https://deadspin.com/reports-antonio-brown-missed-sundays-game-because-he-w-1831414236

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/29995/inside-the-antonio-brown-steelers-drama-its-probably-over

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/nfl-rumors-antonio-brown-nixed-bills-trade-didnt-want-play-buffalo

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/12/31/18163364/antonio-brown-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-drama-locker-room-fight-injury

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/12/31/antonio-brown-dispute-steelers-news-nfl/stories/201812310108

Is that enough research for you, or should I spend another 30 seconds on the internetz?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Yes it is.  So if a player is sucking, like Mo, why can't a team say we're cutting your pay, you aren't living up to the deal?  You know, like in the real world that the rest of the human race works under.

Is this really hard to understand or are you just one of those who flat out hates "the man"?  The players get a fair share of revenue.  And here's the key.  If they don't like it they can take their talents into another profession and do better.  Only tomsome does making a ridiculous amount of money, 100 mil and more fall under slave labor when they don't perform.  Here's clue, teams are happy to pay big money to players who deserve it, play up to their deals. 

You have a I hate corp world mentality, I'm done

Actually in the real world most businesses don't cut your pay if you're not performing they fire you. Which is what Nfl teams do when a guy isn't living up to his contract. And remember NFL teams also ask players to take pay cuts constantly when they're not living up to their contract. Do you get mad about that? No. Instead you get mad at the player who has outperformed his contract and wants more money. It's a little hypocritical don't you think? You must have an "I hate workers" mentality.

And I don't hate corporations, I just believe that the American worker is just as important as the CEO and should be paid fairly for a days work. Now I'm done too.

9 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

You said he was constantly late for meetings over his career. Where does it say that in these links? And yes Brown threw a ball at Ben bc he threw him under the bus on the radio the day before and did it to teammates throughout the season. That has been widely reported as to why Brown was upset and widely reported that other Steelers players were upset at Ben for the same thing. It's also been widely reported since 12/31, the date you've selected all of your articles to come from, that Brown showed up for the game and was made inactive by Tomlin. He didn't quit and just stop showing up like you're suggesting.

Next time search the "internet", it may be more helpful.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Actually in the real world most businesses don't cut your pay if you're not performing they fire you. Which is what Nfl teams do when a guy isn't living up to his contract. And remember NFL teams also ask players to take pay cuts constantly when they're not living up to their contract. Do you get mad about that? No. Instead you get mad at the player who has outperformed his contract and wants more money. It's a little hypocritical don't you think? You must have an "I hate workers" mentality.

And I don't hate corporations, I just believe that the American worker is just as important as the CEO and should be paid fairly for a days work. Now I'm done too.

And they don't have to pay you a dime if they fire you.  And yes you can have your pay slashed.  No law against it.  A lawyer for a union would never have stepped in my pay was cut for non performance.  

Really?  Who in the NFL gets their pay slashed?  They get fired, collect in most cases millions more while they're not even playing for that team and then go to another team and either make the same, more or less money, what they deserve to make.  

And no, workers aren't as important as CEOs. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And they don't have to pay you a dime if they fire you.  And yes you can have your pay slashed.  No law against it.  A lawyer for a union would never have stepped in my pay was cut for non performance.  

Really?  Who in the NFL gets their pay slashed?  They get fired, collect in most cases millions more while they're not even playing for that team and then go to another team and either make the same, more or less money, what they deserve to make.  

And no, workers aren't as important as CEOs. 

The first thing is that you honestly don't know anything about unions. When you have a union contract the pay is part of the contract. No union would ever let a union member get their pay cut based on performance or anything if there is a contract stipulating their pay. Any pay change would have to be collectively bargained. Their are federal laws that protect that type of behavior from employers. The entire reason unions exist is to provide protection to employees from their employers doing whatever they want.

NFL teams constantly ask players to take pay cuts. Honestly, if you don't know that then what do you know?

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You said he was constantly late for meetings over his career. Where does it say that in these links? And yes Brown threw a ball at Ben bc he threw him under the bus on the radio the day before and did it to teammates throughout the season. That has been widely reported as to why Brown was upset and widely reported that other Steelers players were upset at Ben for the same thing. It's also been widely reported since 12/31, the date you've selected all of your articles to come from, that Brown showed up for the game and was made inactive by Tomlin. He didn't quit and just stop showing up like you're suggesting.

Next time search the "internet", it may be more helpful.

Screenshot_20190308-123410.thumb.png.96328de1c9d74055453f714ec146253f.png

Screenshot_20190308-123426.thumb.png.e370f3fb935d523f7d1cadab62a2dabc.png

It was well known that Brown was routinely late.  Tomlin would tell other players that "you put up with it because of how damn good he is".

The excerpts are from an ESPN article.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20190308-123410.thumb.png.96328de1c9d74055453f714ec146253f.png

Screenshot_20190308-123426.thumb.png.e370f3fb935d523f7d1cadab62a2dabc.png

It was well known that Brown was routinely late.  Tomlin would tell other players that "you put up with it because of how damn good he is".

The excerpts are from an ESPN article.

Thank you. That was the proof I was asking for. I didn't know that.

11 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

This might be an awkward locker room item... 

Buffalo Bills Safety, Baby Daddy, and Newlywed Jordan Poyer cheated on his wife of 5 months, Rachel Bush-Poyer.

She has left him, and put the "model" he cheated with on blast. Also, changing her insta-thot handle back to Rachel Bush, rather than Rachel Bush-Poyer.

Jordan has apologized via twitter.

Plot twist: Rachel allegedly cheated on Jordan with Steelers wide receiver and EA cover Antonio Brown prior to their wedding. 

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/jordan-poyer-cheats-on-rachel-bush.1747120/

Breaking news.

Pro athlete dates, marries, then cheats on Instagram model.

She has child with him, gets half his salary plus couple hundred grand per year in child support.

Athlete moves on to another Instagram model, posts pics showing he's "moved on".

He retires in 5 years, broke and laden with debt.

and the wheels on the bus go round and round...

51 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The first thing is that you honestly don't know anything about unions. When you have a union contract the pay is part of the contract. No union would ever let a union member get their pay cut based on performance or anything if there is a contract stipulating their pay. Any pay change would have to be collectively bargained. Their are federal laws that protect that type of behavior from employers. The entire reason unions exist is to provide protection to employees from their employers doing whatever they want.

NFL teams constantly ask players to take pay cuts. Honestly, if you don't know that then what do you know?

What?  I don't know about unions?  I wasn't talking about unions other than to say if my pay is cut too bad on me as a non union employee.  If I'm fired no reason, none, too bad.  And players have unions who will fight for them.  Not that complicated and doesn't prove anything you're trying to say.  Yes unions protect some employees when they need to be.  But then they get a case, Mo W, and fight for his right to make a ton of money from a deal he's not living up to.  Twist it any way you want, that's wrong.  

Archived