Antonio Brown NOT traded to Buffalo (Rumor)

Rhg1084

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I don’t know about that man. The bills tried and gave the required capital (whatever it was) to the Steelers to send AB to an AFC team. Then the player they had all but traded for refused to play for them. Threatening to retire first.
That’s not a good look. Especially for a team who is trying to build around their new young QB in FA. If AB won’t go there with a young 1st rd QB, it may give plenty of others pause as well. It also can’t feel good for the players already there.

Plus it’s just downright embarrassing. At least Cousins just chose another team in FA. That happens all the time. He didn’t refuse to play for us after we traded for him while under contract.

This isn’t a good day for the Jills.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I considered your point, then decided to test the theory.  I Googled  "Antonio Brown Trade Value", not good for ol' Antonio,  If the premise was correct, his trade value would have remained constant.  It's tanking.  Everyone outside of @Philc1 knows that this is not a good character, and the "stories" of the past are now coming out in droves in the media.  "Putting out the fire with Gasoline".  No one, including the great apologist, Stephen Ass Smith, is blaming the Jills for this one.

As for the " I'm Retiring" act, he's going to stomp his feet and shake his little fists until he steers his way to his desired stop.  Won't work. The Steelers have the "Barry Sanders Rule" as a claw back against his prorated signing bonus. Try not playing, and having to pay back the prorated portion of his signing bonus.  He likes his money.  He won't like that.  And he wants a new contract, to boot.  Good luck.  

This is already ugly.  Could get worse.  Hope we're not a part of this mess, it'd be a distraction and waste of time.  This wasn't a good day for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Antonio Brown.  It may have been a lucky day for the Buffalo Jills.  Regards.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Buffalo is NFL Siberia 

That changes nothing.  Its still a bad day for them. This didn't turn out the way they wanted and in the worst way for the trade to breakdown. 

2 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I considered your point, then decided to test the theory.  I Googled  "Antonio Brown Trade Value", not good for ol' Antonio,  If the premise was correct, his trade value would have remained constant.  It's tanking.  Everyone outside of @Philc1 knows that this is not a good character, and the "stories" of the past are now coming out in droves in the media.  "Putting out the fire with Gasoline".  No one, including the great apologist, Stephen Ass Smith, is blaming the Jills for this one.

As for the " I'm Retiring" act, he's going to stomp his feet and shake his little fists until he steers his way to his desired stop.  Won't work. The Steelers have the "Barry Sanders Rule" as a claw back against his prorated signing bonus. Try not playing, and having to pay back the prorated portion of his signing bonus.  He likes his money.  He won't like that.  And he wants a new contract, to boot.  Good luck.  

This is already ugly.  Could get worse.  Hope we're not a part of this mess, it'd be a distraction and waste of time.  This wasn't a good day for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Antonio Brown.  It may have been a lucky day for the Buffalo Jills.  Regards.

On the backend I do believe the Bills were lucky. I really do.  But very little is suddenly coming out that a good vetting process didn't already uncover. sure there may be new instances or whatever, but the character was already well known and understood. They wanted him anyway.  I get your point though. And I do think that AB didn't come out of this cleanly either. But once again, he's already a well documented Beyotch.  

Best case for me would be for the steelers to be left at the alter. I hate the Steelers. I have for decades. I respect what they've done and how they've done it, but I'm rooting for them to experience as much pain as possible.  This is good if AB's act of spurning the Bills was the last straw for NFL teams and everyone lost interest. My love for Steelers loss said,  It would make me happy to see a guy trying to disregard all of the rules, including leaving his team high and dry in a game with playoffs on the line, and blowing off a trade while under contract lose his place in the NFL. That would help stop the hemorrhage of these punks making their own rules and make someone think twice about playing this game.

Worst case would be to see the Jets step in and be the team to try and capitalize on this madness. Consolation worst case would be for any team to trade for him now. 

Leave him be and let the Steelers lose AB for nothing while paying him $21 mil or whatever and Bell for trying to play the bad contract game.  

49 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

That changes nothing.  Its still a bad day for them. This didn't turn out the way they wanted and in the worst way for the trade to breakdown. 

You and I usually agree about most everything on this board. (I'm not sure that's something you might want to hear, LOL)  However, this is one time I disagree.

I think by this point Brown has lost the benefit of the doubt with just about any NFL fan who's been following this saga. In the beginning some may have thought Ben was as much to blame, or the HC and organization played favorites. Maybe the Bell thing raised alarms and caused some to side with Brown. The last few weeks though this guy has come off as either unstable, or incredibly self centered. I think both. 

No matter what you think of Bell, he handled his "situation" so much better then Brown has his. He kept quiet for the most part, even when his teammates stuck their nose where they shouldn't have.

So my point is, Brown has damaged himself and his reputation so badly, I don't think fans are looking down at Buffalo in this, or at least shouldn't. It could just as easily happened to say, Arizona, Denver, Green Bay. Basically any city that wasn't the one Brown wants to go. I don't see this as an indictment on Buffalo. I think its just another spoiled modern day diva acting out when he doesn't get his way.

Its all about the money! Has been and always will be. He wants to be the highest paid receiver. By getting a trade he knows the new team will have to give him a shiny new contract. Sure he's a top player but what a bad example he sets. Good luck getting much back in a trade Pittsburgh. You will be giving him away for free pretty soon.

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You and I usually agree about most everything on this board. (I'm not sure that's something you might want to hear, LOL)  However, this is one time I disagree.

I think by this point Brown has lost the benefit of the doubt with just about any NFL fan who's been following this saga. In the beginning some may have thought Ben was as much to blame, or the HC and organization played favorites. Maybe the Bell thing raised alarms and caused some to side with Brown. The last few weeks though this guy has come off as either unstable, or incredibly self centered. I think both. 

No matter what you think of Bell, he handled his "situation" so much better then Brown has his. He kept quiet for the most part, even when his teammates stuck their nose where they shouldn't have.

So my point is, Brown has damaged himself and his reputation so badly, I don't think fans are looking down at Buffalo in this, or at least shouldn't. It could just as easily happened to say, Arizona, Denver, Green Bay, basically any city that wasn't the one Brown wants to go. I don't see this as an indictment on Buffalo, I think its just another spoiled modern day diva acting out when he doesn't get his way.

interestingly we still agree. :-) so our relationship streak is still intact.  I just see it both or maybe even three ways. Here's how:

AB-   I agree that Brown made himself look potentially worse than he already did if that's even possible. I also agree that it hints at him being a touch unstable, but extreme selfishness and stubbornness can mimic many diagnosable disorders including Narcissism and Sociopathy. But this wasn't a good look for him. No doubt. He's under contract for 3 more years. He is supposed to have to accept a trade. Add to it that he is the catalyst for the Trade scenario in the first place.  He's probably worse off now than he was two days ago. I actually hope that is the case. I hate when guys make their own rules. It breaks down the order of things and erodes the foundation. 

The Steelers- I  think the Steelers look bad in this too. They have him on the books for what... $21 mil per for 2-3 more years or something like that? And they cannot seem to get rid of him. They were initially saying they wouldn't send him to an AFC team. Now here they are Trading with Buffalo and the Raiders have been discussed as well. So they are stuck, if only for the time being. Either way this isn't a good look for one of  the most storied franchises in NFL history.  This added to the Bell saga and it's been a rough year for them. Oh.. and Ben is a rapist. 

Bills- The Bills didn't learn anything new here. They knew they were getting a guy who was an open malcontent. He didn't show up to play in the last game of the season with playoffs on the line because he was in a bad mood. He's also been ripping players and the team openly and consistently for months. Yet they wanted him. They not only wanted him like signing someone in FA, they were going to trade precious draft capital for him.  He's been fighting with his QB. They have a young impressionable baby faced young boy they spent a high 1st on last season. He is the baby face of their franchise and they were going to trade to bring this mad man into the locker room. All that decided and agreed upon by the hapless Bills org, they got stood up. They got stood up man. The guy whose list of problems and issues they were willing to overlook said no way am I going to play for the Bills.  No matter what AB looks like after all of this, this goes against their plans to give away draft picks for the right to have him take up $22.25 mil of their salary cap in 2019. It's bad. Maybe the NFL fans feel sorry for them and will say they were the victim in all of this, but  so what?  They put their necks on the line and their heads got chopped off. 

This does open the possibility of hurting them in FA as well. Even without that last part, at minimum this is embarrassing as hell. 

Sidenote:  Could you imagine what the Jetnation faithful would do to Macc if this exact scenario played out with the Jets?  Exact to the letter. Could you imagine?  LMAO.  Think of the types of comments that would be spewed toward Mr. macchiato's. Everyone of those comments is applicable toward the Bills today. 

I love you man. 

40 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

interestingly we still agree. :-) so our relationship streak is still intact.  I just see it both or maybe even three ways. Here's how:

AB-   I agree that Brown made himself look potentially worse than he already did if that's even possible. I also agree that it hints at him being a touch unstable, but extreme selfishness and stubbornness can mimic many diagnosable disorders including Narcissism and Sociopathy. But this wasn't a good look for him. No doubt. He's under contract for 3 more years. He is supposed to have to accept a trade. Add to it that he is the catalyst for the Trade scenario in the first place.  He's probably worse off now than he was two days ago. I actually hope that is the case. I hate when guys make their own rules. It breaks down the order of things and erodes the foundation. 

The Steelers- I  think the Steelers look bad in this too. They have him on the books for what... $21 mil per for 2-3 more years or something like that? And they cannot seem to get rid of him. They were initially saying they wouldn't send him to an AFC team. Now here they are Trading with Buffalo and the Raiders have been discussed as well. So they are stuck, if only for the time being. Either way this isn't a good look for one of  the most storied franchises in NFL history.  This added to the Bell saga and it's been a rough year for them. Oh.. and Ben is a rapist. 

Bills- The Bills didn't learn anything new here. They knew they were getting a guy who was an open malcontent. He didn't show up to play in the last game of the season with playoffs on the line because he was in a bad mood. He's also been ripping players and the team openly and consistently for months. Yet they wanted him. They not only wanted him like signing someone in FA, they were going to trade precious draft capital for him.  He's been fighting with his QB. They have a young impressionable baby faced young boy they spent a high 1st on last season. He is the baby face of their franchise and they were going to trade to bring this mad man into the locker room. All that decided and agreed upon by the hapless Bills org, they got stood up. They got stood up man. The guy whose list of problems and issues they were willing to overlook said no way am I going to play for the Bills.  No matter what AB looks like after all of this, this goes against their plans to give away draft picks for the right to have him take up $22.25 mil of their salary cap in 2019. It's bad. Maybe the NFL fans feel sorry for them and will say they were the victim in all of this, but  so what?  They put their necks on the line and their heads got chopped off. 

This does open the possibility of hurting them in FA as well. Even without that last part, at minimum this is embarrassing as hell. 

Sidenote:  Could you imagine what the Jetnation faithful would do to Macc if this exact scenario played out with the Jets?  Exact to the letter. Could you imagine?  LMAO.  Think of the types of comments that would be spewed toward Mr. macchiato's. Everyone of those comments is applicable toward the Bills today. 

I love you man. 

Great post, there are a few small things I could quibble with (for instance Brown did show up for that final game. What he missed were the Friday and Saturday practices. In fact he took the field and sat on the bench the 1st half) but nothing that really changes how badly everyone involved came off, which you explained so well.

One thing occurred to me as I was reading your post, and it might be the most damning to Buffalo in my opinion. I think if you or I were in the position the Bills GM was, and knew the situation and how Brown has been acting, we would have insisted on talking to the guy, just to make sure he was on board with the trade, and to find out whether he'd be looking to renegotiate his deal. I realize this might not be done in most trades, but this was not an ordinary transaction. 

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Great post, there are a few small things I could quibble with (for instance Brown did show up for that final game. What he missed were the Friday and Saturday practices. In fact he took the field and sat on the bench the 1st half) but nothing that really changes how badly everyone involved came off, which you explained so well.

One thing occurred to me as I was reading your post, and it might be the most damning to Buffalo in my opinion. I think if you or I were in the position the Bills GM was, and knew the situation and how Brown has been acting, we would have insisted on talking to the guy, just to make sure he was on board with the trade, and to find out whether he'd be looking to renegotiate his deal. I realize this might not be done in most trades, but this was not an ordinary transaction. 

That's right. He left at half time right?  Sorry about the details there. Same result, but you're right about that.  He didn't like the teams response to his actions so he went home. 

I'm hoping no one trades for him. That would make me happy. Sit out for a year and come and say you're sorry. All will be forgiven... then you can go to Buffalo. lol 

He's already dressed for it. 

image.png.90d58f6ba145e00ce3d5cfea2b6c3bb9.png

As long as this guy gets nowhere near this Jet team who cares? Sure it's good to see the Steelers eat it again but as has been pointed out it's becoming clear that this guy is a locker room cancer. You don't want him anywhere near the young guys on this team. Let someone else be the laughing stock.

On 3/8/2019 at 9:02 AM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The only thing worse than CTE are the claims that every crazy person in the NFL must be crazy because of CTE. 

Yeah no way could having your head hit over and over again make a borderline personality more unstable...no way at all.

Archived