Steelers resign Pouncey / Foster

jamesr

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001021460/article/steelers-lock-up-maurkice-pouncey-ramon-foster

Thought this was relevant to post as it gives an indication around values of a top C. I know the guys hitting FA are not at Pouncey's level, but in an open market there's usually a need to overpay.

Pouncey will average $11m a year with his new deal. Sets a bar for what the likes of Morse, Paradis will be using as a benchmark.

I hate to say it, but we have to overpay for either Morse/Paradis and hopefully another Guard. Ideally you draft guys like these in the 2nd - 5th rounds. But our GM doesn't believe that's the way to go.

Historically speaking, overpaying for interior linemen has worked out well for us (Faneca, Kendell, etc...).

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001021460/article/steelers-lock-up-maurkice-pouncey-ramon-foster

Thought this was relevant to post as it gives an indication around values of a top C. I know the guys hitting FA are not at Pouncey's level, but in an open market there's usually a need to overpay.

Pouncey will average $11m a year with his new deal. Sets a bar for what the likes of Morse, Paradis will be using as a benchmark.

Neither one of these guys are even in the same zip code as Pouncey. But it won't make a difference as you pointed out, they will cash in. We need to draft a C with one of our 3rd's.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Neither one of these guys are even in the same zip code as Pouncey. But it won't make a difference as you pointed out, they will cash in. We need to draft a C with one of our 3rd's.

And also note, Paradis and Morse aren't in the same zip code as Wesley Johnson...  :-)

4 hours ago, section314 said:

I'm interested to see what people would consider fair market value / expected FA overpaying price / too much money for these guys, compared to Pouncey.

Archived