Giants trade Olivier Vernon to Browns for Kevin Zeitler

Patriot Killa

14 minutes ago, usanyj said:

That helps the giants protect the QB many say they wont take... Help for Eli

Unlike Mac, Gettleman has always understood the importance of OL. It was no secret he was going to drastically improve their horrid OL. He signed the top OL FA, and other. Drafted a beast in top of 2nd round. I wouldn’t be surprised if he grabs another in 2nd or 3rd. While Mac draft’s safeties and other positions that we see teams cut often, you notice few teams cut a proven OL

12 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Unlike Mac, Gettleman has always understood the importance of OL. It was no secret he was going to drastically improve their horrid OL. He signed the top OL FA, and other. Drafted a beast in top of 2nd round. I wouldn’t be surprised if he grabs another in 2nd or 3rd. While Mac draft’s safeties and other positions that we see teams cut often, you notice few teams cut a proven OL

Unlike Mac, Getttleman doesnt understand the importance of the QB position, thankfully for us!!

38 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If they draft a pass rusher at 6 then I think it’s a quality move, except it would mean they push the QB question back again

We already know they’re doubling down on not taking a QB last year. They’ll go defense at #6 and 80% of their dumb fan base will rejoice over another year of Eli.

49 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Unlike Mac, Getttleman doesnt understand the importance of the QB position, thankfully for us!!

Lol I don’t know about that. Everyone knows qb is by far number 1. Most smart gms realize how important a strong OL is. We know Mac is one of few who still has a gm job who does not believe this. 

For some reason the giants weren’t in love with any of the qbs. They thought Eli would have more in tank with a decent OL. Barkley was a sure thing gold jacket. We had to take a risk on a qb. It seems to be easier these days to acquire a proven qb, then it was 10 years ago. I’m surprised we didn’t hear giants pushing for Foles. Maybe they do. But guys like Foles, Alex Smith, collins, Were not obtainable 10 years ago. Now qbs are playing longer, plus more and more qbs are coming out of college nfl ready.. qbs use to sit for years. So there is a excess of qbs. It is much nicer to draft your own but it’s always a gamble. Too still early to say, but I think we finally struck gold with darnold

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

2018 season PFF rankings:

20th - Jamal Adams

70th - Olivier Vernon

Note:  Solomon Thomas was roughly 674th

Thank you.  There is more fake news here than on CNN!! 

Lets keep it real guys-I get that there are some reasons to be disgruntled ( as opposed to gruntled) but why come here just to hate??

Thank you.  There is more fake news here than on CNN!! 
Lets keep it real guys-I get that there are some reasons to be disgruntled ( as opposed to gruntled) but why come here just to hate??

Where else does one go to hate? Especially when it’s toward the jets???? ;).

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Good move for both sides.

The Giants have an almost non-existent defense at this point though

Seriously. They had a bad defense last year. Granted Vernon missed  a bunch of time, but they had Snacks/Vernon/Collins/Apple for a chunk of the year and now they have none and it's not like they have good young players to fill these roles. 

They did improve their oline which is big, but you need to play some defense. 

Those who play fantasy should stack up on Giants offensive players next year because they will be involved in a bunch of shootouts all year. 

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Already being discussed in the Kevin Zeitler thread. 

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

WE already are in the FIRE MIKE MACCAGNAN thread. 

I know you like to think of yourself as the JN traffic cop, directing everyone where to go, but to us its "Lets just keep moving around to different threads."

You keep finding us though. :(

32 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I know you like to think of yourself as the JN traffic cop, directing everyone where to go, but to us its "Lets just keep moving around to different threads."

You keep finding us though. :(

You got a problem with cops.......JN LOL better than Jets Nation 

Archived