Antonio Brown says he is about to announce his new team in a bit.

Lupz27

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't sleep on the Browns. Talk in Cleveland is todays trade was supposed to be Zeitler, a 1st in '20 and a 4th and 5th for OBJ. Couldn't get it done. I know its a longshot the Steelers trading AB in their division, but Cleveland IS looking to make a big move.  

BTW they're very interested in Saffold now also.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't get all the Gruden hate tbh.  On top of that, everyone is convinced he's already been a trainwreck in Oakland.  I don't see it that way at all.  I think he knew it was 2 years before they moved to Vegas and he wanted to rebuild the team from scratch.  He acquired a bunch of picks plus he has like 9 more years left on his contract so he'll actually be able to pull it off. 

As far as I can see, it's WAY too early to judge his performance so far.  Frankly, I have no idea why people are convinced that they can.

No your right, he's doing a stellar job. 

Trade best pass rusher in football.

Trade 1# Receiver.

Trade to 15 QB..

Run the team with some old schemes from early 2000's.

He will be back in the broadcasting booth inside two years, mark my words. If I'm a Raiders fan I'm very unhappy.

27 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Trade 1# Receiver.

Trade to 15 QB..

He will be back in the broadcasting booth inside two years, mark my words. If I'm a Raiders fan I'm very unhappy.

You really believe that?  I think they're absolutely going to give him a few years to build a team that he likes.  They didn't need Mack if they were going to rebuild anyway.  His prime seasons are now.  If Gruden wanted to maximize the return on Mack the time to trade him was when he did.  As for the WR, he did get back a #1 for him.  Don't we at least have to see how Gruden drafts before judging this trade?

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Trade 1# Receiver.

Trade to 15 QB..

@Raideraholic what are your thoughts on Gruden so far?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

@Raideraholic what are your thoughts on Gruden so far?

I never wanted J Gruden to be hired the second time. I know who J Gruden is. 

J Gruden prefers older veterans every time to young players.( when your rebuilding you want majority players to be young.

J Gruden offense is very conservative , and boring.

J Gruden is the last person you want picking your teams Qb. He has never developed a young Qb in his career.  He doesn’t have the patience to go through a young Qb making mistakes.  That young Qb better be mentally tough, and be able to handle verbal abuse.

Gruden is so bad picking Qb he actually tried to convince the Raiders to draft an J Manziel . The Raiders took Carr. One of many Qb he liked that failed in NFL.

Here is my problem with his decisions last year.

1. It’s okay to trade K Mack- you trade him during the 2018 draft and not right before the season started. ( basically threw awayv2018 season). They didn’t get anyone that could help them in 2018.

2Raiders have the premier interior offense line in football. Lg K Osemele , C R Hudson and Rg Gabe Jackson they are power offense line -their speciality is man on man blocking scheme destroying the defender in front of them. You go with zone blocking scheme that R Hudson only fits.   Tom Cable is a moron .  I know third rounder Rt B Parker was never suppose to play last year but due to injury started all year.   Still it’s looks bad I believe Tony Romo could see that B Parker was tipping off every time if it’s a run or pass. ( offensevline coach should have spotted that)

K Osemele to fit the new scheme has dropped 30 pounds , and is in the best shape of his career. You’re thinking of cutting him, and create another hole. 

Yet you want to bring back 33 year old M Lynch- time to get a young back.( okay its a Pr move as it’s their last year in Oakland, but

football is a business.  You have to go with players that give you best chance to be successful.

The Raiders actually did a very good job drafting on defense in the draft last year- because Gruden didn’t pick them.

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

I never wanted J Gruden to be hired the second time. I know who J Gruden is. 

J Gruden prefers older veterans every time to young players.( when your rebuilding you want majority players to be young.

J Gruden is the last person you want picking your teams Qb. He has never developed a young Qb in his career.  He doesn’t have the patience to go through a young Qb making mistakes.  That young Qb better be mentally tough, and be able to handle verbal abuse.

Gruden so bad picking Qb he actually tried to convince the Raiders to draft an Manziel. The Raiders took Carr. One of many Qb he liked that failed in NFL.

Here is my problem with his decisions last year.

1. It’s okay to trade K Mack- you trade him during the 2018 draft and not before the season started. ( basically threw awayv2018 season).

2Raiders have the premier interior offense line in football. Lg K Osemele , C R Hudson and Rg Gabe Jackson they are power offense line their speciality is man on man blocking scheme destroying the defender in front of them. You go with zone blocking scheme that R Hudson only fits.   Tom Cable is a moron .  I know third rounder Rt B Parker was never suppose to play last year but due to injury started all year.   Still it’s looks bad I believe Tony Romo can see that B Parker tipping off if every time of it’s a run or pass. ( offensevline coach should have spotted that)

K Osemele to fit the new scheme has dropped 30 pounds , and is in the best shape of his career. You’re thinking of cutting him, and create another hole. 

Yet you want to bring back 33 year old M Lynch- time to get a young back.( okay its a Pr move as it’s their last year in Oakland, but

football is a business.  You have to go with players that give you best chance to be successful.

The Taiders actually did a very good job on defense in the draft- because Gruden didn’t pick them.

So you're still on the fence with him, huh?

Mike Mayock is the new Raiders GM but he honestly stated the obvious: Grudin calls the shots. You figure why anyone would want that to happen esp after last year and taking a competitive team and bringing it down at least two notches on the field and personnel wise. But all these great WRs have one thing in common. They all want to be the highest paid at their position. 

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s the Oakland Raiders. Can smell that one a mile away.

IMHO I think they might be the only real team in the running. Gruden has said he'd love him but he also said he's not giving him a new contract. We'll see.

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You really believe that?  I think they're absolutely going to give him a few years to build a team that he likes.  They didn't need Mack if they were going to rebuild anyway.  His prime seasons are now.  If Gruden wanted to maximize the return on Mack the time to trade him was when he did.  As for the WR, he did get back a #1 for him.  Don't we at least have to see how Gruden drafts before judging this trade?

And let's not forget the Raiders had Mack under contract to play for $14 mil. Mack held out for more.  They got two number one picks and a 6th for him in 2019. They also swapped a 2nd for a 3rd in 2020, but that deal is insane. If you're trying to come in and build a long term winning franchise,  paying Mack $141 million with $90 mil guaranteed over 6 years isn't the best way to start when you have to pay the QB and Cooper too.  Mack is great and all but the Raiders did the right thing. Gruden coming in and starting out with three mega contracts is not the best way to kickstart it all. Tough call to be sure, but I would make that trade every day of the week.  Then he went and got Mayock to ensure they maximize that boat load of draft capital.   Come on!  3 firsts this year and 2 next year. Not too shabby. He can build the team the way he wants it to be. This will be his team through and through. 

I was SOOOOO relieved when the Jets didn't make that deal. 

And Gruden can handle AB if anyone can. 

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

And let's not forget the Raiders had Mack under contract to play for $14 mil. Mack held out for more.  They got two number one picks and a 6th for him in 2019. They also swapped a 2nd for a 3rd in 2020, but that deal is insane. If you're trying to come in and build a long term winning franchise while paying Mack $141 million with $90 mil guaranteed over 6 years isn't the best way to start when you have to pay the QB and Cooper too.  Mack is great and all but the Raiders did the right thing. Gruden coming in and starting out with three mega contracts is not the best way to start. Tough call to be sure, but I would make that trade every day of the week.  Then he went and got Mayock to ensure they maximize that boat load of draft capital.   Come on!  3 firsts this year and 2 next year. Not too shabby. 

I was SOOOOO relieved when the Jets didn't make that deal. 

I’ve said the same thing so many times. I’m done wasting my time arguing with guys who are so down on Gruden they can’t see the forest for the trees.

Come back in three years and rip him if they screw up all these picks. Right now though, just let it play out.

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I’ve said the same thing so many times. I’m done wasting my time arguing with guys who are so down on Gruden they can’t see the forest for the trees.

Come back in three years and rip him if they screw up all these picks. Right now though, just let it play out.

Agreed. Generally people respond to the immediate. Very few can ingest anything like a long term plan.  Not saying I have it down pat, but I can certainly entertain the idea that there just might be more to something than "right now". 

I look forward to 3 years from now when we can tell everyone how right we were to have patience.  lol 

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't get all the Gruden hate tbh.  On top of that, everyone is convinced he's already been a trainwreck in Oakland.  I don't see it that way at all.  I think he knew it was 2 years before they moved to Vegas and he wanted to rebuild the team from scratch.  He acquired a bunch of picks plus he has like 9 more years left on his contract so he'll actually be able to pull it off. 

As far as I can see, it's WAY too early to judge his performance so far.  Frankly, I have no idea why people are convinced that they can.

It probably comes from listening to his sanctimonious preaching and endless monologues consisting of mindless obvious bullsh*t over the course of  several thousand football broadcasts. Or it could be the "Features" he hosted, where he spoke about football as if he had invented the game itself, while lording over some wide eyed college prospect, who he had convinced that they were the reincarnation of Joe Montana. Or it just may be that people see through his phony fake ass public persona, and see him for the evil little troll, he surely is.  I hope this helps you to better understand.

42 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

It probably comes from listening to his sanctimonious preaching and endless monologues consisting of mindless obvious bullsh*t over the course of  several thousand football broadcasts. Or it could be the "Features" he hosted, where he spoke about football as if he had invented the game itself, while lording over some wide eyed college prospect, who he had convinced that they were the reincarnation of Joe Montana. Or it just may be that people see through his phony fake ass public persona, and see him for the evil little troll, he surely is.  I hope this helps you to better understand.

Me thinks gruden is alot smarter than your average football fan and some coaches. He probably saw Mack as a cancer in the locker room and knew that big money was not something he was interested in paying. He knew he was a good player but also knew he could draft his own studs. He probably didn't want to build team around macc.

He didn't like Cooper probably same reasons, not his guys, wants to build his team, he had ten years. Personally I like his moves, those guys quit on wanting to win along time ago, talent was not problem, it was desire.

Now back to Jets, hell yeah Macc sh*t his pants when they took Baker. Sure he wanted him and saw him for what he was a franchise qb, but he saw him as the other franchise qb after darnold. I'm glad we got darnold over Baker. Going further, Macc needs to listen to some of the jetnation posters who have made awesome suggestions on who to add in FA. Untill it's over I assume he will make some moves. Line, pass rushers is what we need in FA. Come draft time he needs more of them. If we can swing bell, Coleman and build stronger talent overall for our coaches I think we are fine.

Gase and Williams I think are light-years better coaches than bowles and his flunkies. But if he does add at least 3 starters in FA it is going to be a rough year. Have to keep Darnold up right period. 

Also those uniforms better be sick

38 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Me thinks gruden is alot smarter than your average football fan and some coaches. He probably saw Mack as a cancer in the locker room and knew that big money was not something he was interested in paying. He knew he was a good player but also knew he could draft his own studs. He probably didn't want to build team around macc.

He didn't like Cooper probably same reasons, not his guys, wants to build his team, he had ten years. Personally I like his moves, those guys quit on wanting to win along time ago, talent was not problem, it was desire.

Now back to Jets, hell yeah Macc sh*t his pants when they took Baker. Sure he wanted him and saw him for what he was a franchise qb, but he saw him as the other franchise qb after darnold. I'm glad we got darnold over Baker. Going further, Macc needs to listen to some of the jetnation posters who have made awesome suggestions on who to add in FA. Untill it's over I assume he will make some moves. Line, pass rushers is what we need in FA. Come draft time he needs more of them. If we can swing bell, Coleman and build stronger talent overall for our coaches I think we are fine.

Gase and Williams I think are light-years better coaches than bowles and his flunkies. But if he does add at least 3 starters in FA it is going to be a rough year. Have to keep Darnold up right period. 

Gruden is terrible. Let's see him replace Mack and Cooper first. This guy is worse than Macc at picking talent. I'd bow to hardcore Raiders fans like Raideraholic. 

Mack and Cooper are cancers, really? - The only cancer I see is the Head Coach.

Yeah Cooper looked like he quit in Dallas, and Mack's cancer got the Bears deep into the playoffs only to lose because the kicker could not hit a chippy field goal to Win the game.

I don't care how long they gave Gruden a contract for, losing will get you fired. 

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

K Mack is no cancer .  One of the hardest working and most respected player in the Raiders locker room .     He just wanted to get paid the most money he could. ( Hey it’s America what’s wrong with that). 

A Cooper was traded for the simple reason he has The same agent as K Mack. Gruden didn’t want a repeat of last year this year. ( Cooper isn’t going to be contempt to play under the fifth year option.

Look at Gruden history with holdouts . He has no patience. K Johnson in Tampa bay. K Mack in Oakland.   You’re a player you want to get out all you have to do is hold out. Sooner or later he’s going to move you.

Gruden probably saw as great as K Mack was, it never transformed to the whole defense. 

Again had no problem with him deciding to move on K Mack. Just it should have been done during last year draft , and not right before the season started.

i love last year Raider draft.   The defense players they drafted will be very good players.  Looking for a big jump in their numbers there second season in the league. ( reminds me K Mack first year). He was very close but couldn’t finish. That was Raider players on defense last year.

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Gruden is terrible. Let's see him replace Mack and Cooper first. This guy is worse than Macc at picking talent. I'd bow to hardcore Raiders fans like Raideraholic. 

Mack and Cooper are cancers, really? - The only cancer I see is the Head Coach.

Yeah Cooper looked like he quit in Dallas, and Mack's cancer got the Bears deep into the playoffs only to lose because the kicker could not hit a chippy field goal to Win the game.

I don't care how long they gave Gruden a contract for, losing will get you fired. 

Gruden is  a terrible general manager, not a bad coach. ( just too conservative , and very boring offense) .

actually last year draft on defense might have been Raiders best .  Paul Guenther Raiders Dc probably picked the players for his defense.( Pj Hall, Arden Key, M Hurst, an Cb nick Nelson). 

Actually excited about M Mayock . Will Gruden listen to him, or will he be Gruden fall guy. ( see Reggie Mckenize) .

K Gruden has the biggest ego.  It’s never his fault , but someone else. You are the head of the organization time to accept that responsibility.

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Will Gruden listen to him, or will he be Gruden fall guy. ( see Reggie Mckenize)

This is the key to the Raiders future right here.  Methinks that Gruden's "Ying" tells him that Mayock's hiring was a good sound football decision, and will be an integral part to the drafting and personnel decisions.  What needs to be watched is  Gruden's " Yang" that will tell him that he knows better, will revert to a petulant child at the first sign of adversity, and will steer the boat into the rocks when things don't go as planned. In my opinion, knowing Gruden, "Yang" will win, and the Raiders, their fan base and ultimately Gruden will lose.

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

By the way I would have loved to have seen McKenzie come here, but knew that was never going to happen.

Archived