Antonio Brown says he is about to announce his new team in a bit.

Lupz27

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for shoo go away  pics

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

They failed to get Mack when he was available. Finished 2nd in that trade. I don't know about you but I'd rather have Mack then any of the guys at #3 this year and whatever 1st round pick we have next year.

They wanted Fowler at the deadline and got beat on that one.

Has failed to trade back in every draft in the 1st round when arguably the best player slid to them even though the roster was super thin each year.

He is a passive GM, that flies in the face of everything they need to be this off-season and next. Don't be shocked when the Jets end up with 1 premium player and a bunch of second tier guys. I hope not but it's about 50/50 that it will happen.

And many didn't think Mack was worth the cost to get him.  

They tri d to get Fowler.

His first round draft picks don't prove the point.  The argument makes little sense.  And of course I'm still waiting for a way to prove that dumb moves or moves that should have been made weren't made by misreading talent as opposed to not having balls.  You can't cry that he didn't get Fowler and on the other hand say he overpaid to move up and get a QB.  It's not hard to understand,

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

His first round draft picks don't prove the point.  The argument makes little sense.  And of course I'm still waiting for a way to prove that dumb moves or moves that should have been made weren't made by misreading talent as opposed to not having balls.  You can't cry that he didn't get Fowler and on the other hand say he overpaid to move up and get a QB.  It's not hard to understand,

If you think he's an active GM then i don't know what you've been watching for the last 4 years. The Darnold trade was forced by ownership otherwise I'm not sure he actually makes that trade.

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Speculating that the deal isn’t dead. If they were that close, I’m sure there is still an outside shot. No I don’t want to hug you.

I fixed my typo haha. 

Fixed mine as well. lol  I honestly think the Bills are done with Brown. That's what I'm hearing here.

42 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If you think he's an active GM then i don't know what you've been watching for the last 4 years. The Darnold trade was forced by ownership otherwise I'm not sure he actually makes that trade.

No it wasn't.  It was Maccagnan who suggested and made the trade and Heimerdinger who assisted in getting things rolling.

47 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Darnold was forced by who?  Anything to not credit him with getting Darnold.  

Read up on how the whole Darnold thing began, a year before the draft and with the Cousins to Minny saga.  He had enough balls to make the biggest offer for Cousins, largest guarantee ever, no balls.  Turned around and went after a QB in the draft, traded picks to put the Kets into position to get one of the top 3 QBs on their board, no balls.  BS forced by ownership story.

One more time, read this s-l-o-w-l-y.  The point isn't whether he has been active or not.  The point is whether he's scared to act.  Is this that hard to understand?  You can not act because you're dumb and not see a players value, doesn't mean your scared to make the move.  Apparently it's a hard concept

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I proved you WRONG and you know it MOVE ON you defended Macc plain and simple. 

Maccaganan not pulling the trigger moving up to get Kamara was out of fear he sucks. 

No one defended Macc.

Anyone with basic reading comprehension skills can tell what Jet Nut post meant.  He clearly says that mis-evaluating a player and not seeing the value in trading up for them based off of your evaluation, and not wanting to trade for a total f*cking nutjob like Brown are two totally different things.

You didn't prove anyone wrong.

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No one defended Macc.

Anyone with basic reading comprehension skills can tell what Jet Nut post meant.  He clearly says that mis-evaluating a player and not seeing the value in trading up for them based off of your evaluation, and not wanting to trade for a total f*cking nutjob like Brown are two totally different things.

I thought it was pretty clear.  One is a mistake the other is fear, not the same thing.  And only one we know to be true.  He screwed up with Kamura, agreed but nothing says he was afraid to move up in the third.  WTF is there to be afraid of?  That's ridiculous 

Heimerdinger did all the leg work on the deal too, which is well documented.

35 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Pittsburgh is sort of screwed. Why would you offer more than a third? He's likely to be cut before the roster bonus anyway and he WILL demand a new deal. If you really want him, get him as a FA. Call the Steelers bluff

Roster Bonus date: 3/17/19

Roster Bonus: $2.5 mill

No way Pittsburgh pays one penny of that bonus.  No way on planet Earth.  Brown's trade value drops incrementally each day.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Fowler already signed?

31 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No one defended Macc.

Blah blah blah you defending Jet Nut LMFAO

Didn't you 2 guys/girls  also defend Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

49 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No it wasn't.  It was Maccagnan who suggested and made the trade and Heimerdinger who assisted in getting things rolling.

Ownership had a mandate to get a QB. That's why Macc was aggressive in trading up. Everything that he's done in his history here has suggested he would not have made the trade to go up without that mandate. 

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Heimerdinger did all the leg work on the deal too, which is well documented.

Actually making the trade was obviously Macc and his friends, but the mandate from ownership was to go get a QB. Without that mandate do you believe that he makes that trade? I don't.

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Ownership had a mandate to get a QB. That's why Macc was aggressive in trading up. Everything that he's done in his history here has suggested he would not have made the trade to go up without that mandate. 

Totally dream up story. Never reported, never even hinted 

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Actually making the trade was obviously Macc and his friends, but the mandate from ownership was to go get a QB. Without that mandate do you believe that he makes that trade? I don't.

Lol

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Blah blah blah you defending Jet Nut LMFAO

Didn't you 2 guys/girls  also defend Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

I absolutely hated Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Good memory you got there Joe.

14 minutes ago, choon328 said:

There was no mandate on anything.

My relationship with the team and the "behind the curtain" scene is well known here, along with the fact that I don't like Maccagnan.  He gets the credit for the trade.  End of story.

Just now, Mogglez said:

My relationship with the team and the "behind the curtain" scene is well known here, along with the fact that I don't like Maccagnan.  He gets the credit for the trade.  End of story.

Any sneak peek pics of the new uniforms?  Asking for a friend. Thanks 

The velcro shoe crew’s ability to derail threads is truly awe-inspiring. Somebody has the gall to criticize a GM who’s 24-40 with zero playoff appearances, and these smoothbrains charge in and start drooling all over everything, and three pages later everyone’s arguing over how hard he tried to trade for Donte Fowler. 

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm sure ownership would've been fine with him taking a Guard at 6. Either way he's still a passive GM in a time when the Jets need the opposite.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The velcro shoe crew’s ability to derail threads is truly awe-inspiring. Somebody has the gall to criticize a GM who’s 24-40 with zero playoff appearances, and these smoothbrains charge in and start drooling all over everything, and three pages later everyone’s arguing over how hard he tried to trade for Donte Fowler. 

No velcro here must have us mistaken for the guys in your barber shop quartet. 

Image result for barber shop quartet pics

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He may not have been verbally told by upper management, but I remember you basically alluded to the fact that Macc was going to draft a QB come hell or high water in an attempt to sell them on keeping him for longer (basically saving his own behind).

And I think maybe that's what he meant by a mandate. Macc felt the pressure/need to get his guy in the draft

Archived