Antonio Brown says he is about to announce his new team in a bit.

Lupz27

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Traded to the Raiders. A third and a fifth, and Raiders give him a bigger contract.

However, Danny Amendola will be really good for team culture when we sign him next week. 

So he goes to Oak for a 3rd and a 5th. The price for a HOF player in his 30s. Favre cost us that much. 

$0 Guaranteed to $30M Guaranteed for AB. Not bad for a 3.5 month pouting and tantrum performance.

He GOT HIZZZ. Cant hate the player b/c he just GAMED the NFL to give him $30M. 

Source: Steelers agree to deal AB to Raiders

The Steelers and Raiders have reached a verbal agreement for Antonio Brown to be traded to Oakland in exchange for a third- and fifth-round pick, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Brown indicated on his Instagram account late Saturday night that he was heading to Oakland.

Brown recorded Hall of Fame-type production in Pittsburgh with 834 receptions, 11,207 yards and 74 touchdown catches in nine years, including an NFL-record six consecutive 100-catch seasons. But a frayed relationship between the player and team overshadowed the gaudy numbers, and a divorce became inevitable.

When the Steelers began entertaining a trade in January, they believed Brown's market would be strong, with one NFL general manager saying the Steelers would eye a first-round pick in any deal.

The market was strong enough that the team could deal Brown, who turns 31 in July, before free agency started. The Steelers marked Friday as an artificial deadline for a trade after several teams -- including the Raiders, Washington Redskins and Tennessee Titans, according to Schefter -- showed interest during the NFL scouting combine.

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Trust me, @Integrity28 uses up WAY more time and energy pooping than he does worrying about knuckleheads on the internet.

Like, WAAAAAAAAAAAY more than the average hooman. A solid 65% of his day is spent pooping. He needs to consume 3000 calories a day just so he can poop without passing out.

Please don't tell us how you know so much about the time he spends pooping

I'm sure we'll be fine with 12 games from Enunwa and The 50-60 catches Anderson will get. Who needs a #1 WR when you have these two.

A 3rd and 5th and our p*ssy of a GM couldn't get that done? Are you ******* kidding me? We are ****ed until they fire this sackless idiot.

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm sure we'll be fine with 12 games from Enunwa and The 50-60 catches Anderson will get. Who needs a #1 WR when you have these two.

A 3rd and 5th and our p*ssy of a GM couldn't get that done? Are you ******* kidding me? We are ****ed until they fire this sackless idiot.

AB is NOT Worth the Locker-room Headaches/Media outbursts w/our Young QB still developing, the ADDED $30M GUARANTEED (upto $50+M total) for a 30 year old WR, AND forfeit 2 draft picks on a team bereft of players under contract who won't be overpaid as FA by MAc.

Sorry, but I can't see how ANY RATIONALE & COMPETENT honest-to-God Jets fan would see that type of consideration forfeited for AB and be UPSET the Jets DIDN'T make the move. That's just horrible resource management allocated to and for a player with a limited shelf-life DESPITE his previous production and the potential 1-2 years worth of continued said production AT BEST. HARD PASS.

25 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Say what want you Antonio Brown won . Everything he said was gonna happen did.

And so did everyone's favorite whipping boy Jon Gruden. He basically traded Amari Cooper, a 3rd and a 5th for Antonio Brown and a 1st round pick.

Dumb like a fox on this one.

18 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I guess you're not getting that we didn't want him, were never going to get him.  Not Macc, not any other GM. 

Rightfully so.  No one would want this self centered, ego maniac around a young QB.  

He is great talent and great pick up but I don't think we needed him. We have other priorities, but damn that price doesn't seem so bad to me on first look. We need play makers enuwa can catch and big but he is a number two guy or worse and Andersen can't catch so a deep threat, we still need stud WR but I much rather have bell. 

19 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

And so did everyone's favorite whipping boy Jon Gruden. He basically traded Amari Cooper, a 3rd and a 5th for Antonio Brown and a 1st round pick.

Gruden gets a lot of hate but I actually love what he is doing.

Can't wait to see what he does with the draft picks he's been stockpiling

Great players never become available unless they have issues.  Thus you have to draft your own great players unless as choon puts it your gm has sack.  Our gm has utterly failed to draft great players in positions that count.  Yeah Adams is a darling safety on a 29th ranked defense and leo williams is a non bust Dt on a 29th ranked defense.

We are flooded with cash and will spend it on mediocre players we massively over pay for because our gm cannot draft his way out of a paper bag.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Not trying to sounds snarky, but I feel like this is an awesome trade in Madden. People are people, and AB is NOT good people. And yes, his stats are HOF-worthy but he'll be 31 when the season starts. I personally put a very high value on 1st Rounders no matter what # it ends up being/what team it came from, yadda yadda. That said, a lot of risk here, IMO.

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

Not trying to sounds snarky, but I feel like this is an awesome trade in Madden. People are people, and AB is NOT good people. And yes, his stats are HOF-worthy but he'll be 31 when the season starts. I personally put a very high value on 1st Rounders no matter what # it ends up being/what team it came from, yadda yadda. That said, a lot of risk here, IMO.

How is there any risk here.   The team won four games- can't go much much lower.  The Raiders are paying him top dollar, and should get him on his best behavior.  The draft choice they lost will be recoup on trade back somewhere in the draft .    

I wouldn't have been happy if they gave up any of there first four picks( 3 number 1, and their second).   Those four picks I'm counting getting starters .   Throw in Antonio Brown that five starters right off the bat.

Raiders bring back 33 year old M Lynch that would be the stupidest thing they could do, time  to get a young fulltime RB.    Raiders second dumbest thing they could do-  if they get rid of Lg k Osemele.    Raiders have bigtime hole at Rt . I move k Osemele to Rt - great shape  now 297 expect  him be 305-310 ( down from 330)  35 7/8 arm length  36 Bp ( played left tackle half a year for the Ravens) 

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Name the trade he didn't have the balls to make, the FA he was afraid to pay.  This is nonsense.  How many teams are in the running for him?  Are all those teams lacking the gumption to make an offer?  

Kahlil mack trade, Cooper trade, ab trade, to start... Those are just easy ones to start

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Great players never become available unless they have issues.  Thus you have to draft your own great players unless as choon puts it your gm has sack.  Our gm has utterly failed to draft great players in positions that count.  Yeah Adams is a darling safety on a 29th ranked defense and leo williams is a non bust Dt on a 29th ranked defense.

We are flooded with cash and will spend it on mediocre players we massively over pay for because our gm cannot draft his way out of a paper bag.

Exactly this... Tanny in this position would have mack on this team and brown... 

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

How is there any risk here.   The team won four games- can't go much much lower.  The Raiders are paying him top dollar, and should get him on his best behavior.  The draft choice they lost will be recoup on trade back somewhere in the draft .    

I wouldn't have been happy if they gave up any of there first four picks( 3 number 1, and their second).   Those four picks I'm counting getting starters .   Throw in Antonio Brown that five starters right off the bat.

Raiders bring back 33 year old M Lynch that would be the stupidest thing they could do, time  to get a young fulltime RB.    Raiders second dumbest thing they could do-  if they get rid of Lg k Osemele.    Raiders have bigtime hole at Rt . I move k Osemele to Rt - great shape  now 297 expect  him be 305-310 ( down from 330)  35 7/8 arm length  36 Bp ( played left tackle half a year for the Ravens) 

Except he has carr throwing to him and how long before he realizes that big Ben was actually better and he had it way better then he thought. And becomes a sideline brat and starts crying

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly what it is everytime you follow up one of my posts with the expected lame unnecessary comment.  Your obsession is noted.  

I do this to everyone. There are two  things that drive up your perception that it’s just you:

1. NPD

2. Higher frequency of posts that make it easy

So really, when you think about it, it’s not me.

7 hours ago, choon328 said:

The Jets cannot give up draft picks for the opportunity to pay Brown three years guanranteed at age 31. 

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

The real question should be why is spoot so obsessed with bodily functions?

Given the lack of use if his penis, I’d argue it’s only one bodily function that stole his heart. It rhymes with gloop.

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Kahlil mack trade, Cooper trade, ab trade, to start... Those are just easy ones to start

Easy to make up the idea that trades weren't made because of the lack of balls.  Mack? We were or weren't in the discussion? Because on one hand fans want us to hold onto draft picks and build for the long term.  Want to talk about holding onto our high picks, point out we're not a win now team.  On the other side of the mouth comes the we're afraid to deal talk.  Depends on the timing.

Archived