Overused Phrases

BettyBoop

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

arm talent 

This one drives me crazy.  When did it stop just being a big arm or good arm, but arm talent.  Can't wait til we hear that guys who run fast have leg talent.

He's a system guy! (talking about QBs)

That guy is a tweener! (too big/slow for LB, too light for DE)

He has solid intangibles (meaning he won't get big stats)

He makes the guys around him better (see above).

Has a solid slide step and is a bit thick in the trunk but not a good knee-bender! (talking about an offensive lineman....or the women @T0mShane meets at bars?)

4 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

It's that time of year again where we hear the same phrases over and over again.  I want to buy a thesaurus for sports writers.  

• Beast!
  • Steal!
  • Under The Radar
  • Generational Talent (the newest phrase)
  • Bloodlines

Feel free to add...

MACC sucks....   sorry couldn’t resist. ?

6 minutes ago, Viermoo said:

How a sports story or signing can be “sexy” or not. That drives me crazy.

Unless the signing is being reported by Kerry Rhodes.

"The Dolphins just landed a spectacular specimen in tight end Dwayne Allen. The reunion was made possible after a rigorous physical test of Allen's body proved that he still had it, and the Dolphins still wanted him. I give this signing a rating of... sexy."

8 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

It's that time of year again where we hear the same phrases over and over again.  I want to buy a thesaurus for sports writers.  

• Beast!
  • Steal!
  • Under The Radar
  • Generational Talent (the newest phrase)
  • Bloodlines

Feel free to add...

This poster is clearly a Beast!  A posters whose generational talent and paradigm shifting commitment to excellent has soared under the radar here at J.N.  Clearly this kind of posting shows they come from truly solid bloodlines.  Their silo smashing posts bring together stakeholders of all stripes, as he provides a real strategic vision of what kind of players are legitimate steals in this coming draft.   They don't care about the optics of their value-added analysis, they get to the woke heart of the issue in every post, providing a truly diverse twenty thousand foot view of how to grow this site.  At the end of the day, they break through the clutter showcasing a clear goal of moving forward with disruptive posting innovation, whose proactive outside the box thinking is a real win-win for this site.  Again, this poster would be a steal in any poster draft, and is clearly the one, true Beast, whose core competency is making amazing posts!

Archived