According to Chris Mortensen on ESPN Radio

Stonehands

This afternoon he said that from what he is hearing, Len Dale White will not make it past the Jets. Take it for what it is worth.

In my opinion, this organization has established a patern of refusing to dole out top money on the offensive line and saving it for skilled players. Can't see Brick being the pick unless we get him later (#7 or so).

this is bogus

I don't post bogus things. My number of posts may not be high, but I am accurate.

As far as my claim about not spending on the line. Fabini and Jones have been our left tackles for the last 8 years and have earned below market for the position. Our guards earn below market for the position. Mawae makes top dollar. But our left tackles have earned below market value. So you want me to believe that this team will all of a sudden pay a number 4 pick's salary for a guy who plays the same position as a 16 game starter from last year (Adrian Jones). I don't agree with Bradway's philosophy myself, but I have caught on to it.

What all of this talk does, is put the Jets in a very advantageous position, should they choose to leverage their position.

Up to now, there has been supposedly a clear cut top 3, and then the next level.

If there can now be a rush of movers that either push into the top 3, or make a strong indication that they are a number 4, clear cut, thsi all of a sudden creates a value pick at the Jets spot.

Maybe one of teh top 3 gets bumped. Maybe there is a workout warrior that someone becomes enamored with.

The Jets COULD prove to be in a position of brkering that #4 pick to a number of suitors. It is like that first draft pick on day #2, there is usually a clamor for it.

of course, there are many things that need to play out, and the Jets would have to position themselves to leverage the pick.

Could be a smokescreen.

I do not understand why the Jets would be after White at 4 when according to most experts, he is currently the 3rd running back behind Bush and Williams. After the combine, this may change, but I call BS right now.

Not saying Mort didn't say it, I highly doubt you would make that up. I am just saying that Mort is full of sh*t.

Smokexcreen. Possibly trying to already get more from the Packers in a trade if the Packers covet White.

Deangelo Williams is nothing special. I dont know what kiper is talking about saying that Deangelo has no weaknesses :shock: . Hello Mel, he's 5'8 208lbs, has faced weak competition, has an injury history, and has taken a big beating on his small frame in his college career. I wouldnt touch him in the top 15.

What all of this talk does, is put the Jets in a very advantageous position, should they choose to leverage their position.

Up to now, there has been supposedly a clear cut top 3, and then the next level.

If there can now be a rush of movers that either push into the top 3, or make a strong indication that they are a number 4, clear cut, thsi all of a sudden creates a value pick at the Jets spot.

Maybe one of teh top 3 gets bumped. Maybe there is a workout warrior that someone becomes enamored with.

The Jets COULD prove to be in a position of brkering that #4 pick to a number of suitors. It is like that first draft pick on day #2, there is usually a clamor for it.

of course, there are many things that need to play out, and the Jets would have to position themselves to leverage the pick.

There is clearly a cuase and effect thing going on here with the O line. But, the organization has chosen to fill the spots along the line with lower round draft picks (Jones, Fabini, McKenzie, Goodwin, Cavka) and well placed cheaper free agents (Moore, Kendall). They have had opportunities in the past to use higher picks on linemen and have chosen not to. Maybe they are going to change their philosophy, but I doubt it.

There is clearly a cuase and effect thing going on here with the O line. But, the organization has chosen to fill the spots along the line with lower round draft picks (Jones, Fabini, McKenzie, Goodwin, Cavka) and well placed cheaper free agents (Moore, Kendall). They have had opportunities in the past to use higher picks on linemen and have chosen not to. Maybe they are going to change their philosophy, but I doubt it.

What utterly baffles my mind is that Bradway is a product of both the Giants and KC organizations-2 organizations and hierarchy that value interior offensive line play, and preach the importance of maintaing the line to practice ball control.

It is hard to believe that Bradway fell off of that tree by the way he treats the Jets O-line

I can't see Bradway being that smart, that dope has been continually undressed by more shrewd GM's. All you have to do is look at both SB teams to see the value of a good offensive line. Dumbway's penny pinching really paid off last year with the QB's getting abused. I'll be cringing when that #4 pick comes up, waiting for that moron to eff it up.

I can't see Bradway being that smart, that dope has been continually undressed by more shrewd GM's. All you have to do is look at both SB teams to see the value of a good offensive line. Dumbway's penny pinching really paid off last year with the QB's getting abused. I'll be cringing when that #4 pick comes up, waiting for that moron to eff it up.

my gut feeling tells me you'll be too drunk to cringe:lol: ......... besides, why worry? bradway knows how much stuff ya gotta give up to move up to the #4 pick :lol:

I'll be real interested to see what he gets if he trades the spot .

Archived