Maccagnan signs Harrison, so there

T0mShane

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a depth signing and was expected. They'll probably bring back another 3 or 4 of their own depth guys before free agency and it's smart. The Jets had the best special teams unit in the league last year. Their problem wasn't the depth players, it was the starters who didn't perform. 

And an fyi, they can't sign other teams players till Wednesday.

Lest we forget, Harrison became a “valuable” piece on the Jets OL because Maccagnan signed a brutally bad center to a 4 year, $27.5 million dollar contract who literally couldn’t snap the football and had to be moved to guard at mid season during Sam Darnold’s rookie year, who was then cut. Long ended up walking away with $7 million.

2 minutes ago, genot said:

On Thursday morning, the Jets will have signed 2 or 3 top tier free agents. Just a useless prediction.

They’re going to end up giving Ziggy Ansah $15 million per for three years and everyone is going to laugh at them. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They’re going to end up giving Ziggy Ansah $15 million per for three years and everyone is going to laugh at them. 

I hope not. I'm sure alot of back channel communicating has been going on, and the Jet's know who they can get in here at a certain cost.

22 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It's a depth signing and was expected. They'll probably bring back another 3 or 4 of their own depth guys before free agency and it's smart. The Jets had the best special teams unit in the league last year. Their problem wasn't the depth players, it was the starters who didn't perform. 

You have to understand that Mac is taking crap for NOT signing his own players before free agency and FOR signing his own players before free agency.

The move makes sense.  Solild depth piece.  Now, we just have to sign a couple of guys ahead of him to keep him as a depth piece.

Sheesh.  I mean, I hate Macc as much as the next guy, but to bitch and moan because we signed our own back-up C/OL a few days before FA begins is nuts.  A week from now, if it is the only OL move we make, then its fair to kill Macc. 

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lest we forget, Harrison became a “valuable” piece on the Jets OL because Maccagnan signed a brutally bad center to a 4 year, $27.5 million dollar contract who literally couldn’t snap the football and had to be moved to guard at mid season during Sam Darnold’s rookie year, who was then cut. Long ended up walking away with $7 million.

Yes, it was a bad signing.  However to suggest they wasted 3 of the four years is badly misleading.  Long got his $7mm for his one year of service.  $0 dead money.  The reality is Bowles inexplicably left Long in there way too long (pun intended) after it was clear he couldn't snap the ball.  Harrison played reasonably well and is a very good depth signing.

My favorite part of the season was when Long just put like his 10th snap in the dirt and almost killed Sam and the cameraman pans to Harrison standing their with helmet in hand like WTF and Skrine gives him the hardest, Todd Bowles is a ******* moron, eye roll you’ve ever seen. 

28 minutes ago, choon328 said:

We can and should sign some cut players to get a jump on things. 

10 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

MDS - Mac Derangement Syndrome. It's when a GM does anything other than what neckbeard basement dwellers feel is a good move.

Free agency doesn't start until March 13th at 4pm ET.  Re-signing OL depth is a neutral move. Take a Midol and place a heating pad over your ovaries.

It's just a bunch of bitter Jets trolls many of them are still making payments for PSLs they were too dumb to realize we're terrible investments at the time.

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No Knicks players God no thats a worse organization than the NY Jets. 

Yay. My 2 favorite sport teams. Went from Knicks to the Jets with my primary focus. I’m so lucky. Never pick teams just based on proximity or family loyalty etc. Then this happens. 

Archived