Jonotthan Harrison Signed

Maxman

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Glad to have him back. Hopefully, this is as the 6th lineman as a versatile backup. He's very valuable as interior line depth.

Versatile backups on the o-line are the only ones worth paying. I wouldn’t mind finding 1 more interior backup if possible or at least 1 good swing tackle backup. We also need room for developmental depth.

This signing is ok because of Harrision’s versatility. Still have a ton of work to do on the OL. 

He was 100 times better than Long,  as soon as he took over the stratosphere snaps ended.  Good signing.  Have to look at the price though.  Mac has a history of ignoring the starters on the oline and over paying little used back ups.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was 100 times better than Long,  as soon as he took over the stratosphere snaps ended.  Good signing.  Have to look at the price though.  Mac has a history of ignoring the starters on the oline and over paying little used back ups.

Once again you're ignoring the fact that Long had broken fingers and Numbnuts Todd kept him at C. Long played fine at G.

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Once again you're ignoring the fact that Long had broken fingers and Numbnuts Todd kept him at C. Long played fine at G.

Once again you don;t ever seem to read posts you quote.  I could care less about the reason he could not at all play the position.  He sucked and got our Qb killed.  The fact the jets happily cut him shows what they thought of him.

We all know todd bowles was beyond awful it doesn't change the fact that long was terrible.

Glad to have him back. Hopefully, this is as the 6th lineman as a versatile backup. He's very valuable as interior line depth.

Could not agree more. He’s exactly what you need in waiting when someone goes down. He can effectively sub for 3 out of 5 OL positions in a pinch. Glad he’s back.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Once again you don;t ever seem to read posts you quote.  I could care less about the reason he could not at all play the position.  He sucked and got our Qb killed.  The fact the jets happily cut him shows what they thought of him.
We all know todd bowles was beyond awful it doesn't change the fact that long was terrible.

Long wasn’t as terrible as you’re making him out to be though. He can play. The whole debacle With the errant snaps is on coaching. One or two games ok. Half the damn season was unreal.
He actually played well at guard. But you’re right. Clearly they didn’t want him and they says a lot about how they viewed him.

Let’s just hope we can adequately replace and upgrade his production.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

With only three experienced offensive linemen under contract, the Jets made a smart "depth" move in re-signing Jonotthan Harrison, a pending UFA. He started eight games and played in 51 percent of the snaps last season, stepping in for the injured/ineffective Spencer Long. Harrison, 27, has versatility, as he can also play guard. Terms of the deal haven't been disclosed, but this isn't a multi-year commitment. The NY Daily News first reported the agreement. The Jets are trying to re-sign many of their pending UFAs, namely DE Henry Anderson and KR Andre Roberts.

46 minutes ago, derp said:

“We think Jonotthan has a chance to start for us this year.”

Best smokescreen ever. Nobody knows you’re drafting a guard in the third this year after the Harrison signing, Mike.

Is that an actual quote?

Mediocre starter that doesn't add anything above and beyond the call to the line but I feel decent with him as a backup option under short notice.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

With only three experienced offensive linemen under contract, the Jets made a smart "depth" move in re-signing Jonotthan Harrison, a pending UFA. He started eight games and played in 51 percent of the snaps last season, stepping in for the injured/ineffective Spencer Long. Harrison, 27, has versatility, as he can also play guard. Terms of the deal haven't been disclosed, but this isn't a multi-year commitment. The NY Daily News first reported the agreement. The Jets are trying to re-sign many of their pending UFAs, namely DE Henry Anderson and KR Andre Roberts.

They need to re-sign the Kicker too. Myers should be retained after having as good a year as he did, they've kept the ST coordinator why not one of the most important guys that made it work last year?

BTW, off topic but real quick what did you think of Jodie's first season? I thought the showrunner put out some poor sci-fi scripts but she did fine with her character under the circumstances.

2 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

Mediocre starter that doesn't add anything above and beyond the call to the line but I feel decent with him as a backup option under short notice.

They need to re-sign the Kicker too. Myers should be retained after having as good a year as he did, they've kept the ST coordinator why not one of the most important guys that made it work last year?

BTW, off topic but real quick what did you think of Jodie's first season? I thought the showrunner put out some poor sci-fi scripts but she did fine with her character under the circumstances.

Honestly the last episode I watched was The Witchfinders. The fanbase negativity/divisiveness really got to me. Plus it started to become a burden to watch because it was a bit dull.

Jodie was fine. I just wanted to see her be angry. She wasnt given that.

My favorite was Demons of the Punjab. I think with one tweak it could have been a all time classic.

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Honestly the last episode I watched was The Witchfinders. The fanbase negativity/divisiveness really got to me. Plus it started to become a burden to watch because it was a bit dull.

Jodie was fine. I just wanted to see her be angry. She wasnt given that.

My favorite was Demons of the Punjab. I think with one tweak it could have been a all time classic.

Demons was my favorite too, they ought to do stories outside of Europe more often.  And she's not the angriest Doc ever that's for sure, part of her characterization. 

I'd recommend "It takes you away" for the ending alone, and Resolution was solid. Avoid the finale, you don't really need to see it.

Archived