Antonio Brown to Raiders

jetsons

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I'm reading all of these comments and opinions and the one thing that keeps sticking in my mind is this...  The guy's a piece of sh*t.  Couldn't root for him as a Jet. I don't care if he catches two hundred passes.  Blast me all you want.  I don't care. That's just the way I feel.

So next season if he catches more TD's and has more total yards than our entire WR corps you will still call him a POS. 

Why are superstar NFL players so hated by NY Jets fans? 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Happy Clouds said:

I personally don’t care if it turns out well or not.

Brown wanted a fresh start and more money. He’s getting both. 

The grass isn’t always greener, but after reworking his contract, his wallet definitely is.

If he crashes and burns with the Raiders, so be it. He already got what he wanted.

Now lets see if he takes the money and packs it in or legitimately plays. I'm thinkin' he mails it in.

9 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I really don't care about the Raiders chances to make the playoffs.  I only care about my Jets missing out on a hall of fame wide receiver when the asking price was only a 3rd and 5th rd pick and we have Sam Darnold on his rookie contract. I'm mad at Mac for blowing another opportunity to get a "dog" for this team. He better have an amazing free agency and draft or he needs to be fired next January.

Who would you rather have....

Brown @ $19 million a year; or

Mack @ $23.5 million a year?

Because while they weren’t traded for each other, the trade of Mack makes the trade for Brown possible.  Otherwise, they can’t take on both of these contracts  

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Now lets see if he takes the money and packs it in or legitimately plays. I'm thinkin' he mails it in.

Spoken like a long time Jets fan that has seen it happen to us more than a few times, (Wilkerson, Revis.............)

Can’t blame you for thinkin’ it. ?

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So next season if he catches more TD's and has more total yards than our entire WR corps you will still call him a POS. 

Why are superstar NFL players so hated by NY Jets fans? 

"Most" NY Jets fans don't hate superstar NFL players, we just hate dicks.  Probably has  something to do with being a New Yorker. Oh, and as for the question, yes I will.

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

"Most" NY Jets fans don't hate superstar NFL players, we just hate dicks.  Probably has  something to do with being a New Yorker. Oh, and as for the question, yes I will.

If that works for you works for me. 

Sooner or later id like to see us win a Super Bowl or 2 or 3.......

48 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I really don't care about the Raiders chances to make the playoffs.  I only care about my Jets missing out on a hall of fame wide receiver when the asking price was only a 3rd and 5th rd pick and we have Sam Darnold on his rookie contract. I'm mad at Mac for blowing another opportunity to get a "dog" for this team. He better have an amazing free agency and draft or he needs to be fired next January.

I gotcha, I understand the argument but I also think his behavior should not be rewarded. With young guys coming up for contracts soon it would set a bad example. Brown is a beast though.

12 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

UBC.....  University of Bloods and Crips,  California campus....

The old classics are still the best, LOL.

I think of them as the Kodak of football programs.  People under 35 might not know it, but once upon a time, they were a thing.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Can't wait to see who Mac drafts in the 3rd (our pick not Saints) and 5th round, so we can compare that to Antonio Brown, a hall of fame wide receiver, who has at the very least 3 prime years left.

And lets see who can be signed for the $18mm per year Brown is getting.  Not a small part of the equation.  I’d rather sign a center, LG and LT with that money.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

He's off to Indy, they have more cap than us. They are in Win now mode with Luck back to full health.

Who you going to sign with the Jets or Colts?. Macc's already shown his contempt for the Running back position. Just look at the dross he's brought in. Crowell, Matt Forte. Either over the hill or never have been. Build the line add spice later.

No good having a 18 million dollar Running back who gets hit before he even gets to the line of scrimmage.

Have you seen Indy's Oline?

Indi used last year's #6 (acquired from Jets) very wisely.

The Steelers may not have had all that much success lately, but they always seem to end up the winners when it comes to standoffs with their WR's.  Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace.  None of those were as good as Brown, but they certainly deserve the benefit of the doubt.  

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Just a hunch, but the Steelers will be playing in the AFC title game before AB and the Raiders even sniff the playoffs.

Steelers won a total of 3 playoff games in 8 years with Brown (and Bell & Big Ben). They'll need to replace Big Ben soon too. Not sure they'll be sniffing any title games any time soon.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Can't wait to see who Mac drafts in the 3rd (our pick not Saints) and 5th round, so we can compare that to Antonio Brown, a hall of fame wide receiver, who has at the very least 3 prime years left.

Why was the draft compensation so low for this guy? 

6 teams bidding and that's it? 

5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Steelers won a total of 3 playoff games in 8 years with Brown (and Bell & Big Ben). They'll need to replace Big Ben soon too. Not sure they'll be sniffing any title games any time soon.

It is a bet on the organizations going forward. Who would you have more faith in? I'll take the Steelers every day of the week over the Raiders.

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

It is a bet on the organizations going forward. Who would you have more faith in? I'll take the Steelers every day of the week over the Raiders.

Gruden is crazy and my guess is he isn't done dealing. 

Success is measured in may ways, in the NFL its measured winning a Super Bowl. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Gruden is crazy and my guess is he isn't done dealing. 

Success is measured in may ways, in the NFL its measured winning a Super Bowl. 

Agreed, and the Steelers have won 6 of them. That's why I would put my $ on them over the Raiders. And if all this is Gruden, what is Mayock doing...watching film on BC tight ends?

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Agreed, and the Steelers have won 6 of them. That's why I would put my $ on them over the Raiders. And if all this is Gruden, what is Mayock doing...watching film on BC tight ends?

Mike Tomlin is the next to go in Pittsburgh.  

I like Gruden's odds way better. 

37 minutes ago, Larz said:

Why was the draft compensation so low for this guy? 

6 teams bidding and that's it? 

You need a lot of cap space to take on Antonio Brown. The Jets have the cap space, but there is  nobody currently available that even approaches the level of skill AB brings to the table as a wide receiver. Should Le'Veon Bell reportedly follow Antonio Brown to the Raiders there goes another one off our list to help Darnold. I have no confidence in Mac as a closer. He's too timid for my taste.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

I'm serious, I would love to hang out this year before a game. I got to Max's tailgate vs Vikings after you left.

Sounds good. 

That day was cold and windy probably top 3 nastiest i've ever been to in my long illustrious career of tailgating spanning many years. 

Definitely not locked into season tickets this upcoming season. 

Looking forward to another gathering if I can make it. 

Archived