Old Yardage Goals MUST be updated!!

Savage69

I noticed where RS was saying Manning had impressive

numbers reaching 4000 yds several seasons in a row!

First off..DB's in today's game have their hands tied

behind their backs compared to Namath's time when he

was the first to throw for 4000 yds and that was in a

14 not 16 game season! 4000 should not be the Bench

mark..Make it 4500!! Unfortunately we can't do

anything about the DB's or the fact of the way QB's

are protected now which wasn't the case years ago!

Jack Lambert once said; If they want to protect the

QB's why not put them in a Dress instead of a Football

uniform?? I can see Brady picking the blue

Chiffon for Game day!! Now on to RB's and YJF's

favorite chant"Only 2 RB's have 1000+ yds in every

year of their career! First off when you got maybe

150 to 230 carries 1000 yds was a good mark for a

RB..But not in the 300++ yds they get today!! Here's

a Chart for the Jets 68 season.. Notice how many

carries Kelly got as the Rushing leader..

Rushes

L Kelly 248

K Willard 227

B Brown 222

T Woodeshick 217

W Crenshaw 203

D Perkins 191

T Matte 183

D Hoak 175

D Anderson 170

D McCall 155

Rushing yards

L Kelly 1239

K Willard 967

T Woodeshick 947

D Hoak 858

G Sayers 856

D Perkins 836

W Crenshaw 813

B Brown 805

D Anderson 761

T Matte 662

Rushing TDs

L Kelly 16

B Brown 11

T Matte 9

K Willard 7

W Crenshaw 6

J Hart 6

C Baynham 5

W Ellison 5

D Anderson 5

W Garrison 5

A name you also may recognize is Gale Sayers..Only

856 yd's you may say?? Can't compare to Cumar..LOL

But that was on 138 carries! And that's a 6.2 avg

per rush! Backs didn't get All the Carries All the

time..In Jim Browns 63 season when he rushed for

1863 on 291 in a 14 game season he avg 133 yds per

game Rushing..The only unbeaten Team the Fins, had

one of the greatest rushing combo of all Time!Larry

Csonka 213 carries.Mercury Morris 190 carries and

Jim Kiick 137 carries..So when Jordan was here you

can see my frustration when he got 3 carries a game!

You use All your weapons to constantly keep the D

off balance..But what the hey..Why go for Super

Bowls and Championships when you can have the NFL

Rushing Leader win by a yard with 371 carries in

a injury plagued year!!Make the standard for RB's

1500 yds not 1000 in keeping with the extra games

and the 100+ extra carries..I rest my case! :wink:

it cuts both ways - Jim Brown was bigger than the down linemen in his day - the NFL is juiced out, painkillered out and cranked out - with all due respect to those in the hall of fame - how many of these guys ran against jacked up crackheads who would be common criminals if not for the NFL?

when i post in the political forum on "the other site" - a phrase people direct my way alot is "you can't judge the past by the standards of the present" - this is true there and it's true here. Apples and Oranges - just because Curtis Martin doesn't have Gale Sayers YPC doesn't mean he's a bum !!

1000 yards really bugs me as a mark because those were back in the days when RBs only had 14 games. These days an RB who gets 1005 yards on a full load of carries and a full season actually did a poor job.

WRs and RBs should be judged on the 1200 yard mark.

For QBs I think 4000 is still a good level to look at as impressive. Other than last year (which may have been a fluke year) the number of 4k QBs is pretty comparable to the early 80s, and sure, that's still more than there were in the early days but....

it cuts both ways - Jim Brown was bigger than the down linemen in his day - the NFL is juiced out, painkillered out and cranked out - with all due respect to those in the hall of fame - how many of these guys ran against jacked up crackheads who would be common criminals if not for the NFL?

when i post in the political forum on "the other site" - a phrase people direct my way alot is "you can't judge the past by the standards of the present" - this is true there and it's true here. Apples and Oranges - just because Curtis Martin doesn't have Gale Sayers YPC doesn't mean he's a bum !!

Bit Brown was 6-2, 232 ..He wasn't bigger then down

linmen who were in the 255 to 300 range and some

bigger like Big Daddy Liscomb..If you want to say

LBs I would agree!! And if you say you can't judge

by past standards I also agree.. That's why the Bar

should be raised with the more protective rules of

today!And I never said Martin was a Bum! You and

Warfish must get your Bad info from the same source!

And they had some rough players then as well even if

they weren't juiced as you say..Funny..I thought the

NFL had cut down on that..

You and Warfish must get your Bad info from the same source!

What the hell are you dragging ME into this debate for?? :shock:

Sav, you hate the Jets these days and we all get it man. Almost every post of yours is a rant AGAINST Martin, AGAINST Herm, AGAINST Bradway, AGAINST the Jets. And that is your right, and you sometimes even have a legit point in your rambling criticisms and statistical manipulations.

*Sigh* We get it....you've been a Jets "fan" since Jesus was in Shoulderpads, and you can't take the frustration anymore of waitng for a championship. And you think us "young bucks" who've only been fans for 20+ years don't "get it".

Well, my friend, we get it just fine. We just don't think overwhelming negativity is worth the effort involved.

It IS possible for the team to make progress, get better, establish consistency and a tradition of winning, and still not win it all, win the big game. Of course we ALL want a Ring for our Jets, but some of us won't throw the entire organization under the proverbial bus when the don't win it all.

So, instead of posting trhead after thread justifying why Martin just isn't so good, is just an accumulator, whatever, perhaps you might actually try to look at the world through the eyes of positivity for a change.

Ya grumpy git. :lol:

What the hell are you dragging ME into this debate for?? :shock:

Sav, you hate the Jets these days and we all get it man. Almost every post of yours is a rant AGAINST Martin, AGAINST Herm, AGAINST Bradway, AGAINST the Jets. And that is your right, and you sometimes even have a legit point in your rambling criticisms and statistical manipulations.

*Sigh* We get it....you've been a Jets "fan" since Jesus was in Shoulderpads, and you can't take the frustration anymore of waitng for a championship. And you think us "young bucks" who've only been fans for 20+ years don't "get it".

Well, my friend, we get it just fine. We just don't think overwhelming negativity is worth the effort involved.

It IS possible for the team to make progress, get better, establish consistency and a tradition of winning, and still not win it all, win the big game. Of course we ALL want a Ring for our Jets, but some of us won't throw the entire organization under the proverbial bus when the don't win it all.

So, instead of posting trhead after thread justifying why Martin just isn't so good, is just an accumulator, whatever, perhaps you might actually try to look at the world through the eyes of positivity for a change.

Ya grumpy git. :lol:

Fish I'm against Lying and Losing!! I was positive

before you were born!! Don't get on your High Horse

and tell me how to be!! Did Martin run through the

Pats or Pitt?? Brown ran through the Best and so did

Matt Snell when the Chips were down! I realize your

a Kid..But I know what winning is..I was there you

weren't..Want to know how it Feels??? Ask Tex or any

Pat Fan..There's nothing like it!! Stop Apologizing

for incompetence... :roll:

Fish I'm against Lying and Losing!! I was positive

before you were born!! Don't get on your High Horse

and tell me how to be!! Did Martin run through the

Pats or Pitt?? Brown ran through the Best and so did

Matt Snell when the Chips were down! I realize your

a Kid..But I know what winning is..I was there you

weren't..Want to know how it Feels??? Ask Tex or any

Pat Fan..There's nothing like it!! Stop Apologizing

for incompetence... :roll:

First, no one is telling you how to be Sav, we all know your to old and too set in your ways to ever be a fan again. Like so many old folks, your pleasure seems to be obtained from bitchin' and moanin' about how nothing is as good as the "good old days". :roll:

Second, thank you for proving my point. You simply cannot post even a single post without talking smack about the Jets, their players, their coach or their F.O. :roll:

It's sad really....we have a classy, future HOF, current league leader in rushing wfor a 10-6 team that was 6 inches away from a date in the AFC Chapionship game, and all you can do is talk about how Martin isn't "the best ever" when no one here ever said he was. And you still call us "losers" and the organization "incompetent"... :roll:

Archived