Jets interested in trading for Darren Fells??

MDL_JET

Just bc you don't know who Darren Fells is doesn't make it a bad thought to send a late pick for a really really good blocking tight end. He would make $3 million this year and $4 million in 2020. A pure blocking tight end just got a 3 year $21 million deal BEFORE free agency. So this would be good value if the only thing they had to give up was a late round pick this year. Based on the market the Jets would be saving $2-3 million this and next year by avoiding anyone in free agency. It's not a fancy move at all but it adds a valuable piece to the team that is also cost effective.

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Meh

If it’s no higher than a 7th, I don’t have an issue with it.

He’s pretty much exactly what I want in a #2 TE/Herndon replacement for the first 2-4 weeks.

Great blocker and reliable hands in the short/intermediate game.

Wait... isn't everyone happy to hear about Macc making a trade?? I thought that's what we wanted  lol 

This.  No reason to throw a ticker tape parade, but no reason to throw stones either.  It's right in line with the O line, Blocking mindset we all want revamped. I don't love the idea of giving up picks for it, but if it's a 6th or 7th it's more than likely better than we'd do there anyway.  

If it happens, cool. If it's more non leak fodder, cool. 

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Just bc you don't know who Darren Fells is doesn't make it a bad thought to send a late pick for a really really good blocking tight end. He would make $3 million this year and $4 million in 2020. A pure blocking tight end just got a 3 year $21 million deal BEFORE free agency. So this would be good value if the only thing they had to give up was a late round pick this year. Based on the market the Jets would be saving $2-3 million this and next year by avoiding anyone in free agency. It's not a fancy move at all but it adds a valuable piece to the team that is also cost effective.

Isn't he 33 years old?  Lions,Cardinals,Browns

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Isn't he 33 years old?  Lions,Cardinals,Browns

So what. He's a blocking TE. Show me a team who is all 26 and under and I'll show you a 4 win team. You can't just win with young guys. This isn't Madden.

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

So what. He's a blocking TE. Show me a team who is all 26 and under and I'll show you a 4 win team. You can't just win with young guys. This isn't Madden.

I agree been saying it for awhile there are some savvy vets available who cold help this team on and off the field. 

Leadership goes a long way in success. 

If we picked him up on waivers and paid him, ok.

Giving up a draft pick for someone that old, very 2015 Mac.

If his contract his guaranteed, the Browns should give us a draft pick for him.  

I think Dorsey floats these balloons because he knows that Mac will at least nibble.  

29 minutes ago, varjet said:

If we picked him up on waivers and paid him, ok.

Giving up a draft pick for someone that old, very 2015 Mac.

If his contract his guaranteed, the Browns should give us a draft pick for him.  

I think Dorsey floats these balloons because he knows that Mac will at least nibble.  

You hit it with this post. 

The NY Jets especially MM are the Cleveland Browns dumping grounds. 

They are building a quality team and we are taking all their scraps. 

Archived