Jets interested in trading for Darren Fells??

MDL_JET

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

So what. He's a blocking TE. Show me a team who is all 26 and under and I'll show you a 4 win team. You can't just win with young guys. This isn't Madden.

You are being ridiculous. Under no circumstance is this a good move. MAYBE as a FA signing it would be ok but his age is a red flag alone and I would avoid a player like this. Unless it’s a crappy player for crappy player trade, I cannot support wasting any draft capital on someone like this. That’s lunacy. 

Either Manish is being Manish, or there's another angle here, like a trade involving the Browns giving the Jets Fells AND a draft pick. Why? Fells is due to make $3 million in 2019. Even Macc isn't stupid enough to pay an over-the-hill blocking tight end $3 million. If he does turn out to be that stupid, the preceeding sentence will become my forum signature.

12 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You are being ridiculous. Under no circumstance is this a good move. MAYBE as a FA signing it would be ok but his age is a red flag alone and I would avoid a player like this. Unless it’s a crappy player for crappy player trade, I cannot support wasting any draft capital on someone like this. That’s lunacy. 

It's a scientific fact that you have a better chance of having an UDFA become a starter than it is by drafting someone in rounds 5 thru 7. That's a fact.

So you'd rather spend $6-$8 million on a 3 year deal for a guy in his mid 20's who is not as good bc Fells is 32? Thank God 99.9% of us will never sniff working for a team in any front office capacity. 

16 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Either Manish is being Manish, or there's another angle here, like a trade involving the Browns giving the Jets Fells AND a draft pick. Why? Fells is due to make $3 million in 2019. Even Macc isn't stupid enough to pay an over-the-hill blocking tight end $3 million. If he does turn out to be that stupid, the preceeding sentence will become my forum signature.

So who would you bring in then? You must have some idea of a better or equal blocking tight end that's younger and would only cost $7 million over the next two years. I'd love to hear it

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It's a scientific fact that you have a better chance of having an UDFA become a starter than it is by drafting someone in rounds 5 thru 7. That's a fact.

So you'd rather spend $6-$8 million on a 3 year deal for a guy in his mid 20's who is not as good bc Fells is 32? Thank God 99.9% of us will never sniff working for a team in any front office capacity. 

If you are referring to yourself than yes, thank god. 

Just now, choon328 said:

I'm referring to all of us

Then you would be correct. Sorry to come off as hostile but even with considering your points, it doesn’t make any sense to trade draft picks for players of this caliber.

As I’ve said in other posts picks in rounds 5-7 SHOULD be traded for quality players that teams are looking to dump due to cap or scheme change. There is better value doing that.l and when a team has moved on mentally from a player (look at Antonio Brown), said player can be had for cheap. 

An old blocking TE is about the worst thing you could trade picks for. Especially at that salary. There is no benefit. Player for player trade for hell f*cking no.

35 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jets leaked they were interested, Fells agent knows we're interested, we don't act on the interest, Browns finally release Fells, we get our blocking TE. Absolutely nothing wrong with this strategy.

Archived