Jets trade with Raiders for G Kelechi Osemele

JetsFanatic

39 minutes ago, varjet said:

I agree that Mac is better at trading than drafting.

The Board had initially reported that the Jets had some rights to Henry Anderson, thus making it a great trade.

Anderson is a UFA now.  The Jets gave Anderson a chance to show what he is worth for one year.  Now he can sign whereever he wants.  The Jets gave the Colts a draft pick for one year of Anderson-a year which was basically hopeless for the Jets.  A year where the Jets also drafted 2 DL and kept Pennel.  In retrospect, since the Jets did not extend Anderson before now, I think it was a bad trade. 

LOL Unreal man.  The trade was very very good. Whether or not Anderson stays. If he's here next season great. If not he will counter one of the FA's we sign en route to potential comps. If he does sign somewhere else it will be for decent money possibly netting a 4th-6th rd pick.  They actually tried to win last year, believe it or not, and the addition of Anderson helped that goal. He played well and it certainly wasn't due to him that we sucked. I'd say that Macc got a good player for a $hitty coach. 

Your post is grade A boloney!  :) 

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

EC086BDC-35E8-4692-B842-5CAF410DBFBB.thumb.jpeg.034d98aef93b593be61a3f27dba0cf6f.jpeg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is true for last year but if he can somewhat return to form, he’s a top 20 guard still. I get what you are saying and it may not work out but it’s still a good trade based on what we gave up and since we are desperate on OL. We will see. 

28 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Which gives me some hope he can still be a good GM.  Last year he had a good draft. He has to have another solid draft this year.

I think there's hope but he clearly has to step up his Draft game.  He can point to every 1st round pick he's made being a starter and not having a single bust (Darron Lee is debatable but he's a starter) is a positive, but he really needs to find more than 1 or 2 starters in the first 4 rounds of each Draft....and he's fallen flat there.  A GM really needs to get 3 starters out his 4 picks in Rounds 1 thru 4 IMO.

4 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yeah well when you have guys making this move a move that just cancels out the bad moves over the last 4 seasons its kinda hard to let it slide. Lets see what Macc does the rest of the off season before we give him the Executive of the year award okay pal?

image.png.f03c89b2a8ac63a535a83a42b91866b6.png

10 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Who's giving him the Exec of the year award? First it's all about the past with you. Now it's all about some mystical future?  Can we just talk about a move that was done an hour ago for goodness sakes?   

It's a very solid trade. KO is an incredibly talented player. We gave up 25 or so draft board points to get him. One of our most glaring needs for this offseason LG has been addressed. How does that make you feel?  

No one is saying it's not a solid trade. All I'm saying is that until Macc corrects the mistakes he has made in the past it's hard to be confident in his ability to address his past mistakes. This trade puts him on the road to doing that but let's wait and see what happens next before we give him the benefit of the doubt.

9 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Who said anything even remotely like that?

I'm not going to go through the whole thread but some guys who support Macc are making this trade out to be some kind of vindication for him. There was one post that had him as Executive of the year.

I'm not going to go through the whole thread but some guys who support Macc are making this trade out to be some kind of vindication for him. There was one post that had him as Executive of the year.

This isn’t at all what people are saying but it is how you seem to interpret any post about Macc that isn’t negative.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, dbatesman said:

EC086BDC-35E8-4692-B842-5CAF410DBFBB.thumb.jpeg.034d98aef93b593be61a3f27dba0cf6f.jpeg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol not bad. 

Sure. Carpenter's baseline vs. the "down year" for KO and the entire Raiders O line, that's what you use to compare.  Nicely done.  I suppose a curmudgeon like yourself wouldn't do it any other way. :)   You know the deal though. 

Hey, what page is that that you could compare players side by side like that?

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

No one is saying it's not a solid trade. All I'm saying is that until Macc corrects the mistakes he has made in the past it's hard to be confident in his ability to address his past mistakes. This trade puts him on the road to doing that but let's wait and see what happens next before we give him the benefit of the doubt.

Fair enough. 

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Yeah but on the plus side, he’s three months younger than Carpenter, and only twice as expensive.

Plus Osemele is better and has a way higher ceiling

and I’m a guy who has actually liked Carpenter and didn’t think our OL was that bad last year

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

PFF has ruined football.  People act like PFF is infallible 

This. I think PFF is helpful in figuring out how a player played the previous season and the kind of level he’s been playing at but it definitely isn’t foolproof, nor should it be the only barometer by how we judge signings. And the difference between the play of a low 60 and a low 70 PFF grade player is too minuscule to notice a difference.

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Which part of my post do you disagree with?

Obviously not the point. 

Have you ever asked yourself that question. 

If you are only here for the self loathing do us all a favor and keep it to yourself mkay? 

4 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

This. I think PFF is helpful in figuring out how a player played the previous season and the kind of level he’s been playing at but it definitely isn’t foolproof, nor should it be the only barometer by how we judge signings. And the difference between the play of a low 60 and a low 70 PFF grade player is too minuscule to notice a difference.

PFF is entirely subjective.  

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

PFF is entirely subjective.  

Agreed. It is helpful though. It's nice to have numerical data on some of these guys to break through the emotion based baloney we see sometimes.  I do agree with what you're saying overall.  Well, not that the O line played well. They were a touch better than thought at the beginning of the year maybe, but that unit was just a big mess of clogged running lanes and guys breaking free to crush the QB. Hey, at least it gave its a chance to see some of Darnold's ability to sidestep rushers or extend plays. Some of the best moments of Sam's rookie season were only available to us because the O line was so porous.  Thanks O line!  :) 

45 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol not bad. 

Sure. Carpenter's baseline vs. the "down year" for KO and the entire Raiders O line, that's what you use to compare.  Nicely done.  I suppose a curmudgeon like yourself wouldn't do it any other way. :)   You know the deal though. 

Hey, what page is that that you could compare players side by side like that?

It was sort of a ball-breaking move. I get that Osemele is the better player, but just for once I’d like to see us draft a guy like this ourselves, you know?  Swapping out aging, overpriced guards for one another isn’t exactly best practices. 

It’s not a program; I just pushed together a couple of screenshots with Photogrid.

7 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Agreed. It is helpful though. It's nice to have numerical data on some of these guys to break through the emotion based baloney we see sometimes.  I do agree with what you're saying overall.  Well, not that the O line played well. They were a touch better than thought at the beginning of the year maybe, but that unit was just a big mess of clogged running lanes and guys breaking free to crush the QB. Hey, at least it gave its a chance to see some of Darnold's ability to sidestep rushers or extend plays. Some of the best moments of Sam's rookie season were only available to us because the O line was so porous.  Thanks O line!  :) 

I’m so sick of people quoting PFF like it’s the Bible 

Archived