Jets trade with Raiders for G Kelechi Osemele

JetsFanatic

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm assuming it'll be a late round pick. I think the Raiders were going to release him bc of his high cap hits. I doubt it's a 3rd. At the most it will be the 5th. Although a 3rd for an all pro player is not bad.

I wouldn't be opposed to them swapping the 3rd overall for Osemele and the 4th overall pick. 

I didn't even think of that. Do you really think that's enough to swap picks in this day and age? This isn't the Johnny Johnson days lol 

Seriously is this player enough?  Maybe him and a 3rd or 4th or something.   Then we'll watch the Raiders parlay that 3rd pick to another first with the trade back LMAO!!!  Gruden is a madman and he's on FIRE!!! 

EDIT:  Saw the compensation after this post. Disregard everything I've ever said please 

IMG_5325.jpg

The Jets are rumored to be interested in four-time pro bowl linebacker Anthony Barr of the Minnesota Vikings, and just days before the start of free agency, they’ve traded for another multi-time Pro Bowler in guard Kelechi Osemele.

Report: Jets to Trade for Raiders Guard Kelechi Osemele https://t.co/A14wvAno23 pic.twitter.com/fGyyHLeyII

— JetNation.com (@JetNation) March 10, 2019

Osemele, a 29-year-old left guard has been to two pro bowls as a member of the Raiders in 2016 and 2017.  With the Jets two biggest holes on the roster being at left guard and center, they’ve now addressed one of the two by adding a dominant blocker in both the run and passing game.

The fact that the Jets gave up only a fifth-round pick while receiving Oakland’s sixth-round pick makes this a deal that could work out better than the one the team made on draft day last year when they acquired defensive lineman Henry Anderson for a 7th round pick.

The post Two Time Pro-Bowler Osemele a Welcome Addition to Jets O-line appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
qvG9sGkRNgY

Click here to read the full story...

11 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

This is one of those guys we missed on in FA a few years ago and everyone went apesh*t about. 

‘To get him plus a 6th is a good deal. 

Hard to bitch about this one. Reading thru the thread, I was planning to post that I hoped it included a pick swap rather than a straight-up pick, then found out that's exactly what they did.  Very nice move. 

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Gruden is a madman and he's on FIRE!!! 

Although AB was the exception, the Raiders want to get younger.  They do not want to pay 30 year-old guards $10mm.  

KO seems like another quality guy.  Plug him in and search of OL in the lower rounds and develop them.  

He is a LG.  The Jets can draft a RB in Rd3 that can compete with Winters and shove him out next year.  

8 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Good move by the Jets, as he never really fit the new blocking scheme - zone blocking.    He was a man on man destroy the guy in front of him guard.( most  dominating year in 2016 ..     Osemele to keep his salary and fit the zone blocking scheme is down to 297 from 330.    (Probably in the best shape of his life.   Easy can up to 310-315 

i know where the Jets will be running behind.   As long as jets aren't a zone blocking scheme they will come out ahead in this trade..

I thought the jets were doing a zone blocking scheme.  Although it may just have been last year.

Just now, Death2NE said:

Not that PFF is gospel or anything but they had him graded as their 61st best guard last season out of 77, 5 spots ahead of Vlad Ducasse lol ... anyone know why that is ? Or is everyone excited just assuming this is a good young player

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Injuries and missed 5 games . Year before that was the 12 best guard and pro bowler . Year before that was ranked the 9th best guard and a All Pro .

38 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

@AdamSchefter: Raiders have an agreement in principle to trade G Kelechi Osemele to the NY Jets, sources tell @josinaanderson and me. Trade cannot be process...

dont kniw the player, but if graded above out JAGS, nice

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

So the raiders were going to release him b/c they wanted to shed his cap, even though he’s a good player?  

there’s plenty of rumors to go around... friction between the OL/carr, he was playing overweight last season, gruden is stacking up picks to make a run at murray, etc. personally I’m not trusting anything until we hear from raiderfan about how this was the best, most explosive trade for the raiders and the worst deal ever for the jets

4 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

I thought the jets were doing a zone blocking scheme.  Although it may just have been last year.

Gase runs an inside zone/Man Block hybrid based on personnel.  There was a great video posted by @VillianTheFoe here explaing it a week or two ago.  He'll fit right in.

3 minutes ago, Death2NE said:

Not that PFF is gospel or anything but they had him graded as their 61st best guard last season out of 77, 5 spots ahead of Vlad Ducasse lol ... anyone know why that is ? Or is everyone excited just assuming this is a good young player

He’s WAYY better than any guard on the roster!

4 minutes ago, Death2NE said:

INJURED

Archived