Jets trade with Raiders for G Kelechi Osemele

JetsFanatic

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm as disinterested in your motives as I am in fighting about who is more ok about this trade.

You're entitled to your opinion.

then why did you assign a motive in the first place?  never mind, don't answer.  And the 'fight' isn't about who likes the trade more, it's about whether Mac made it because he knows he can't compete. Without that comment, I would never have replied in the first place. Anyway, onward.

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

No team (other than the Steelers) can speak to Bell till tomorrow.  No deal is in place.

I don't think he's talking about a deal. To me it sounds like he's talked to Bell, or someone who knows his intention.

22 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Great trade. Jets weren't going to hit it out of the park in the 5th or 6th rounds.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2824891-report-raiders-agree-to-trade-kelechi-osemele-to-jets-after-antonio-brown-deal

Ralph Vacchiano of SNY reported the Jets will send a fifth-round draft pick to the Raiders in exchange for Osemele and a sixth-round selection.

Sweet trade. Nice job by Maccagnan here. 

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Really good trade I think. Some risk. need to do a very throrough physical but the trade value is great. Cap move for Brown.

Cool story, but nowhere near the truth. This trade has nothing to do with "Cap move for Brown." They've been rumored to be moving on from this guy for months now.

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You know that the line he quoted was from the poem "The Raven".

It's a Jets FAN board, do you REALLY think any of these under-35 year olds are familiar with classic American Literature and Poetry? The post you quoted itself was sadly self-evident of that. :lol:

After 4 years of head scratching moves that have left most of us shaking our heads you want us to go into a circle jerk for 1 move that was desperately needed? Good move. Yes it was. Now lets see if the trend continues or he becomes Macc again and fudges it up.

Lol. Circle jerk. Haven’t heard that one in a long time.
I think it would just be pretty cool if we kept it to the actual deal itself rather than hearing about the bad moves every time something decent happens. It just gets tiresome.
Even yesterday when we re signed Harrison there were more posts about macc sucking than about the fact that we retained a versatile backup who can play both guard and center positions.

Ya know what I mean jelly bean?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, bla bla bla said:

That was quick. Already have online analysis!

This guy has hid videos posted on here earlier in other threads, no? He kinda does like like Tebow w/DS. LOL! Good take and I agree. 

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Pretty low risk maneuver given everything and the Jets cap space, but if the guy is so dominant one has to wonder why the Raiders let him go for so little.

He was off last year.  His peak year was 2016.  But according to many on the Raiders forum, he wasn't a good fit for Tom Cable's system, which affected his performance.  They were happy to get anything for him, expecting he'd be released otherwise.  One of those 'both sides win' moments probably.

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Pretty low risk maneuver given everything and the Jets cap space, but if the guy is so dominant one has to wonder why the Raiders let him go for so little.

I have to agree that the cynic in me wondered WHY would the Raiders give up on a Decorated Vet OLineman who had a down year w/injury? Is Gruden just burning all the Reggie McKenzie acquisitions and feels his regime can find a surfeit replacement at a fraction of the price? I believe MAyock could pick a starting caliber LG for the Radiers in the 3rd-5th round in '19, while I'm confident that Mac CAN NOT. Thus, WHY I LOVE the trade and just hope it's more of Oakland slashing payroll and ill-fit players for their schemes. 

Gotta GIVE PROPS TO THE

0252514f8ec1239eb519120d3eef5c41--fastfo

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

So I'm not gonna bother checking to see if this has been mentioned yet but profootballfakenews has this dude as a 53.7 for last year. Whatever that means.

Dude was an all pro 2 years ago. Played with an injury last year, but yeah, lets go with stats without context just to sh*t on anything they do. Solid.

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Pretty low risk maneuver given everything and the Jets cap space, but if the guy is so dominant one has to wonder why the Raiders let him go for so little.

:blink:

OK! Double Account exposed?!?!? LOL:lol:

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Cool story, but nowhere near the truth. This trade has nothing to do with "Cap move for Brown." They've been rumored to be moving on from this guy for months now.

Still a good move for the Jets.

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Lol. Circle jerk. Haven’t heard that one in a long time.
I think it would just be pretty cool if we kept it to the actual deal itself rather than hearing about the bad moves every time something decent happens. It just gets tiresome.
Even yesterday when we re signed Harrison there were more posts about macc sucking than about the fact that we retained a versatile backup who can play both guard and center positions.

Ya know what I mean jelly bean?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yeah well when you have guys making this move a move that just cancels out the bad moves over the last 4 seasons its kinda hard to let it slide. Lets see what Macc does the rest of the off season before we give him the Executive of the year award okay pal?

2 hours ago, cant wait said:

there’s plenty of rumors to go around... friction between the OL/carr, he was playing overweight last season, gruden is stacking up picks to make a run at murray, etc. personally I’m not trusting anything until we hear from raiderfan about how this was the best, most explosive trade for the raiders and the worst deal ever for the jets

He wasn't overweight as he always been a big guy 330 pounds who best in man on man blocking scheme. The Raiders are now a zone blocking scheme, and he wasn't a good fit. 

K Osemele has been more concern traveling the world the last two years than football.   Well he knew that there was a good chance he was going to get cut if he didn't come into shape. ( seems to have dedicated himself again)     He is in the best shape of his career , I wouldn't have traded him.   I would have tried him at Rt . 35 7/8 arm length and still did 36 reps.   ( impressive for someone with that arm length).

i think Jets came out way better in this trade, and he's going to be a handle when both teams play this year.    Darnold and the Jets RB will love this guy.

Raiders will draft Osemele replacement in the draft( Risner , 

14 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

10 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Pretty low risk maneuver given everything and the Jets cap space, but if the guy is so dominant one has to wonder why the Raiders let him go for so little.

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Ah, crap.  Ninja’d

clvrgrl.jpg

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

If he's a material upgrade, wouldn't we want him longer?  

Or is this the usual "Macc is brilliant because while he gets us crappy players, at least he only gets them for short times and money?" thinking?

We have plenty of money.  I'd rather, again presuming he IS a material upgrade, not another typical Macc O-line signing, pay him more, longer, and keep my better draft pick.  Presuming he's still good.

With that said, the cost was minimal, and I know Macc couldn't get it done vs. open competition without massive overpayment, so I'm perfectly good with this trade, as long as the player works out of course.

I wasnt thinking anything about Macc.  No matter who the GM, a player on the open market would get more money than one in the middle of a deal.  Has nothing to do with the idea that Macc is the NFLs only GM effected by supply & demand. 

He's 30, been injured, I see no reason to want to give him a 4 year deal and have to give him guaranteed money.  I don't care that we have money.  It's not charity. ? Not worried about a slight drop by swapping the 5th for a 6th.

Well what the Jets did here is stop this guard from hitting free agency - which he would of - and who knows what kind of money he would be getting as a free agent AND there was no guarantee that he would of signed with the Jets anyway. This way we made a pre-emptive strike and got a free agent guard at a reasonable price.

Archived