Source: Jets feel Tevin Coleman is overrated and will be overpaid

Patriot Killa

If you read that article, it basically says there are some people in the building who don't like Coleman, others who do.

It also says there are some people who like Bell, others don't.

In others words....it's all just words.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

If you read that article, it basically says there are some people in the building who don't like Coleman, others who do.

It also says there are some people who like Bell, others don't.

In others words....it's all just words.

If two of them happen to be Macc and Gase, the rest is just filler.

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

So if they don't want to be played by Bell and feel Coleman is over rated, what's plan C???  I would like Ajayi to be but i think bridges are burned.

I think plan C is "just another guy" - they feel like Gase's offense doesn't need a big time RB....for what that's worth.

Frankly, my preference is to not sign either of those guys, use the FA money on o-line and pass rushers and draft a RB (Singletary, Henderson, Montgomery?) with one of our 3rd round picks.

Am I the only one that remembers that our starting RB is actually NOT a FA. Powell is a FA but the Jets have Crowell, McGuire and Cannon under contract. Right? Crowell, McGuire and Cannon behind an improved O-line is really not that bad. Certainly the Jets have bigger positions of need- Pass Rusher, CB, Center.  

My point is that the Jets are not DESPERATE for a RB. They will be going after Bell b/c he is a game-changer, an elite talent at his position. And they happen to have the money to afford him. But I don't see them overspending on ANY RB if they don't get Bell. 

Just now, PepPep said:

Am I the only one that remembers that our starting RB is actually NOT a FA. Powell is a FA but the Jets have Crowell, McGuire and Cannon under contract. Right? Crowell, McGuire and Cannon behind an improved O-line is really not that bad. Certainly the Jets have bigger positions of need- Pass Rusher, CB, Center.  

My point is that the Jets are not DESPERATE for a RB. They will be going after Bell b/c he is a game-changer, an elite talent at his position. And they happen to have the money to afford him. But I don't see them overspending on ANY RB if they don't get Bell. 

Agreed. I read that the Jets may release Cro, but I rather have him at a discount than overpay for a slightly better version. I also rather attack the RB situation via the draft (assuming we can trade back and get a few extra picks). 

How many of the top 20 RBs in the NFL were acquired via free agency. I think just Apete. And he is a unique/freakish player. 

5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

And Henderson too under contract. 

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

You can make all of these moves and then go into the year with an average starting RB. If you're serious about putting weapons around Darnold there are no free agents better than Bell and it's not close. 

11 minutes ago, PepPep said:

The Jets are DESPERATE for a playmaker on offense, and none of our RB's even remotely qualify.  Bell should be priority #1, 2, & 3.  

Archived