Darryl Roberts Staying

southtown24th

If the plan is to start Roberts on the outside I'd rather have re-signed Mo. 

If the plan is to go after Darby and start HIM on the outside, then play Roberts in the slot, I'm ok with bringing Roberts back. 

The Jets need to have a plan for the #2 CB and I don't want Roberts to be that plan. 

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

May view him as starter based on the contract.

I kind of assumed as much before even seeing the contract details.

I thought he played better than Claiborne when he got his chance.

And frankly, if the Jets add a guy like Houston and come away with Bosa/Allen at #3, I don’t think we need some high end #2 corner. Roll with Johnson and Roberts with a guy like Poole at the nickel. The Jets should be able to pressure the piss out of QB’s anyway with those guys coming off the edge.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This puts CB firmly in play for the #3 pick. If Roberts is the best they could do with $80 mil in cap space, it means they think they’re going to draft one high. Buckle up.

6 million a year for a backup? They probably plan on putting him in the Claiborne spot. Which is problematic. Roberts is a solid depth guy. Not a full game reps guy. This is head scratching. 

That's either that's starter money or the market for a solid #4 CB has risen considerably. 

But in all seriousness, Mac has drafted 3 CBs in the last 3 years, albeit 6th rounders. Are they counting on them to compete for playing time w Roberts or whoever we sign at nickel?

I'm not going to lie here. Between this move, letting the 2 pro Bowlers go, missing out on the 2 centers, signing that ST guy from the Bears, I don't have a clue what the big picture is here. OL still sucks, no pass rush, no big WR...So many holes still,

I'm trying to be patient, but I don't see more then 6-7 wins if we're done with "big" moves beyond the #3 pick. Sorry, I just don't.

That's either that's starter money or the market for a solid #4 CB has risen considerably. 
But in all seriousness, Mac has drafted 3 CBs in the last 3 years, albeit 6th rounders. Are they counting on them to compete for playing time w Roberts or whoever we sign at nickel?
Buster's AAV was 6.25M and he got that contract four years ago. Roberts ranked #43 on PFF last season (above average). This is a very fair deal.

What's interesting is Williams is keeping a lot of the guys around from last year. Our defense has talent, they just needed better coaching.

Archived