Raiders lack the cash for Le'Veon Bell

choon328

From what I heard on NFL Radio yesterday, when a team signs a player, the guaranteed money in the deal has to be put into an escrow account right away (per the bargaining agreement) . Davis is writing big checks for AB and Brown and still building a stadium.  Could be a cash flow issue (as opposed to a salary cap issue)

Source: Jets aren’t divided on Le’Veon Bell

The Jets are divided on whether to sign running back Le'Veon Bell. Unless they aren’t.

Per a league source, the Jets are unified on their approach to the soon-to-be-former Steelers standout. The source strongly disputed the report from Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News suggesting that a schism exists within organization regarding Bell.

It remains to be seen whether the team’s undivided approach will result in the Jets pursuing Bell or not pursuing him, but the safer wager at this point is that the Jets will try to pair Bell with a budding franchise quarterback who is at least two years away from his second contract.

1 minute ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

The Jets are divided on whether to sign running back Le'Veon Bell. Unless they aren’t.

Per a league source, the Jets are unified on their approach to the soon-to-be-former Steelers standout. The source strongly disputed the report from Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News suggesting that a schism exists within organization regarding Bell.

It remains to be seen whether the team’s undivided approach will result in the Jets pursuing Bell or not pursuing him, but the safer wager at this point is that the Jets will try to pair Bell with a budding franchise quarterback who is at least two years away from his second contract.

It doesn't get said enough.

Manish sucks.

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

It doesn't get said enough.

Manish sucks.

Has Manish been later and had less "stuff" since Bowles left the building? I don't really know and haven't been following. It just seems to me this last week he is tick slow in the "leak" department than other gumshoes.

42 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Does anyone  here laugh a little when the read the word schism?

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think the Bucs are the ultimate destination for Bell. 

The Bucs have about $12 million in cap space after they let go of Desean Jackson. I'm not sure they have enough space to do it. I could see Coleman going there

23 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Bucs have about $12 million in cap space after they let go of Desean Jackson. I'm not sure they have enough space to do it. I could see Coleman going there

Yeah kinda like Mehta having a "pipeline" in the Jets organization. LMAO.

Archived