Incarcerated Bob Rumor: Matt Paradis close to signing

jayrad01

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, slats said:

I’m not a Bell guy, but two major OL moves (if there’s any truth to this one) before free agency officially even starts could be part of an effort to get his attention. 

Perhaps.  Or it could be an effort to make the OL so strong that any JAG RB will find success, just in case we don't get Bell and/or aren't interested in the first place. 

13 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

FINAL PIECE?

It's great that we got a guard and (maybe) a center. But what about the tackle position? Still crap.

I imagine that would be the only 2 big splashes we make in Free Agency.  Any other OL of significance would need to come from the draft.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I imagine that would be the only 2 big splashes we make in Free Agency.  Any other OL of significance would need to come from the draft.

And realistically that's the easiest piece to get. IF Macc can get Paradis to sign, the heay lifting is done. Just depth signings and draft for the OL. Then they need to pivot to skill positions and secondary.

16 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

FINAL PIECE?

It's great that we got a guard and (maybe) a center. But what about the tackle position? Still crap.

Name a free agent OT who’s better than what’s already on our roster. I think we end up drafting a OT in round 3.

1 minute ago, RVAJet815 said:

And realistically that's the easiest piece to get. IF Macc can get Paradis to sign, the heay lifting is done. Just depth signings and draft for the OL. Then they need to pivot to skill positions and secondary.

Yep.  I wouldn't bother with any big money OT's in free agency.  With how scarce the talent is at OT, and how important both T spots are, those guys get let go for a reason. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  I wouldn't bother with any big money OT's in free agency.  With how scarce the talent is at OT, and how important both T spots are, those guys get let go for a reason. 

then the question would be, are they able to trade back in the first, b/c if they are then T would have to be in play.  but if they stay at 3 it's probably going to be Q, i have begun reconciling with.

11 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

FINAL PIECE?

There's nothing wrong with holding on to Beachem at LT for one more year. Then the Jets can let him walk without much of a cap hit. You have a better idea? Should we have signed Brown to a 60mil contract like the Raiders? Or maybe we just draft one #3 overall and pencil him in as a Pro Bowl LT before he takes a single snap in the nfl?

LG and C could very well be two Pro Bowlers, and then you have Winters (who is decent- let's be honest, not great but not terrible) and Shell, who when healthy has looked like a solid RT. 

So yeah, bringing in Paradis would be the final piece FOR NOW. It's a MASSIVE upgrade from last year. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

then the question would be, are they able to trade back in the first, b/c if they are then T would have to be in play.  but if they stay at 3 it's probably going to be Q, i have begun reconciling with.

Yeah, we're likely not going to find an OT upgrade outside of the first 2 rounds.  We can build an interior OL pipeline in the middle rounds, though.

21 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

FINAL PIECE?

I disagree.  Shell actually had a pretty good year before hitting IR towards the end of the season.

Beachum had a slightly above average year but he's no slouch.  The real weakness of the Jets o-line was the interior and if they lock up Paradis they will have addressed that.

@incarceratedbob: Update: Source - Jets are still working to get deal done with (C) Matt Paradis , agent and GM are now reviewing contract details. Once again for those that have trouble READING "DEAL IS CLOSE" ... as initial report stated 4 hours ago.

Benji my rent fee is going up ??? READ! https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1105175753082236928

31 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Starting to worry. Center is the most crucial position for our offseason. We have to come away with Paradis or Morse.

If we lose out on Paradis to Buffalo, that’s a bad job by Mac.

Looking like whoever doesn’t get Paradis gets Morse by default

3 minutes ago, jayrad01 said:

@incarceratedbob: Update: Source - Jets are still working to get deal done with (C) Matt Paradis , agent and GM are now reviewing contract details. Once again for those that have trouble READING "DEAL IS CLOSE" ... as initial report stated 4 hours ago.

Benji my rent fee is going up ??? READ! https://twitter.com/incarceratedbob/status/1105175753082236928

Lololoololllolll

how does IB still have clout to make people believe him

6 minutes ago, jayrad01 said:

I almost want us to lose out on Paradis just to dash your weird, misguided faith in this dunce.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Lololoololllolll

how does IB still have clout to make people believe him

He basically hears free agent rumors and then connects the dots and speed stories like this that are likely going to happen as if he heard it from inside sources.

When the story doesn't pan out he just fades away. 

Archived