Jamison Crowder

Patriot Killa

Just now, Ken Shroy said:

Hes not the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice, but he is needed because Kearse sucked. Lets not forget that this the Jets and they will get NO bargains because of their history. Hopefully that changes with Sam after this year.

I said I like the player. I’m mocking the reactionary nonsensical crap.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This offense desperately needed a quick slot guy.  Q is great but he's better with the catch & run stuff.  We needed a route runner and Crowder is certainly that.  Would've preferred Humphries but Crowder can play also. 

Q's contract at 8M/year doesn't look so bad anymore

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Have you seen Edelman's regular season stats? They're the definition of mediocre. He is a scheme receiver who is a great fit with Tom Brady and his lightning quick release. He would be nothing special on just about any other team.

Brandon Cooks? Yeah, I would probably say he's better than anyone we have, but not by a whole lot. I'll even venture to guess that if you had put Robby Anderson and a healthy Enunwa on that Rams team last year their stats could have been similar.

Jeffrey had one really elite year with Chicago -- six years ago. He's been nothing special for the most part and I wouldn't take him over any of our receivers.

Is there a rating worse than butt fumble (Moore's fault)?

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Who is that #1 receiver available?

I suppose you’d have to draft one if you’re not willing to trade for guys like Cooper or Brown. And you’d have to be better at drafting Ardarious Stewart or Devin Smith or Charone Peake or Chad Hansen. And you’d have to consider WR a priority in a pass happy NFL. But that’s just what you would have to do if you weren’t incompetent. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, you people grossly over-rating the move, and under-rating it... and a few of us just laughing at the extremes.

The detractors are far more vehement with their disdain, then the people that are happy are with their praise.

Go bang your balls with a hammer..  you'll feel better.

10 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I don't know why I continue to let some of these comments surprise me.

This move has been generally viewed as a good one by multiple people reporting on it, yet as usual, we got haters in here.

#TWNDDT 

Exactly 

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

The detractors are far more vehement with their disdain, then the people that are happy are with their praise.

Go bang your balls with a hammer..  you'll feel better.

Who cares? I’m not here to split hairs over which side of the dumb argument is more vehement, you fruit. What a snowflake thing to think, let alone say.

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Solid. So far two solid pickups. No homerins yet. But solid. 

Agreed.  If the Jets land Paradis and any kind of upgrade at RB (Bell, Coleman, etc.) then I'd consider the offensive side of FA a success prior to the Draft.  At least on offense, if the Jets sign Paradis then we're looking at a B+ type of FA period already.  Osemele, Paradis, Crowder and Bell would be almost a wet dream of upgrades for Darnold IMO.

35 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Me too 

Fair enough . I will go with this. 

never seen him.  but he is a punt returner, so he is quick and shifty.  He is  kick returner, so he is fast.  And I kind of like small slot guys.

5 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

This offense desperately needed a quick slot guy.  Q is great but he's better with the catch & run stuff.  We needed a route runner and Crowder is certainly that.  Would've preferred Humphries but Crowder can play also. 

Q's contract at 8M/year doesn't look so bad anymore

Great point.

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I suppose you’d have to draft one if you’re not willing to trade for guys like Cooper or Brown. And you’d have to be better at drafting Ardarious Stewart or Devin Smith or Charone Peake or Chad Hansen. And you’d have to consider WR a priority in a pass happy NFL. But that’s just what you would have to do if you weren’t incompetent. 

You would have been happy with Brown? And burning the draft capital to acquire him? Fine. I would not have been.

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Crowder ranked outside of the top 50 WR's on Football Outsiders 3 of the last 4 years (he was # 44 the other season).  He was the # 91 WR last year per PFF.

Compare that to Cole Beasley, who was # 38 on FO and # 34 on PFF last season.  Granted, he's 4 years older than Crowder.  But who really cares about age all that much when it comes to slot guys?

Crowder summary -- an injury prone, undersized slot WR, who was allowed to walk and join the other 26 Slot WRs on the market... literally a position as easy to fill as a RB

#JetsRising  

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Who cares? I’m not here to split hairs over which side of the dumb argument is more vehement, you fruit. What a snowflake thing to think, let alone say.

You just got done trying to white knight the thread by restoring calm to what you perceived to be a hysterically giddy fan base..  meanwhile their was zero evidence any of that was happening.

Like I said..  grab a hammer and whack your nuts with it a few times.

You dope.

49 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Crowder is the type of player that Jets fans would be crushed if he signed with New England. Would be nothing but " he will kill it there" etc etc.

Since he is a Jet though, he's not quite as good.

This is sad but so true

1 minute ago, Pac said:

You just got done trying to white knight the thread by restoring calm to what you perceived to be a hysterically giddy fan base..  meanwhile their was zero evidence any of that was happening.

Like I said..  grab a hammer and whack your nuts with it a few times.

You dope.

Why’s the knight gotta be white?

(Seriously no idea wtf you are talking about, but please continue...)

I don't know why I continue to let some of these comments surprise me.
This move has been generally viewed as a good one by multiple people reporting on it, yet as usual, we got haters in here.
#TWNDDT 
The haters probably haven't seen him play that much, if at all. Living in the DC market I've seen him from his days at Duke through his time with the Skins.

He's a good receiver, I actually think Cousins could've thrown to him even more when he was there. (Remember, Cousins put up big #s but he also missed a lot of throws and had poor games which is why the Skins didn't want to pay him). Also a nice punt returner so he should save us a roster spot as much as I like Roberts.

We need a reliable, veteran receiver or two and having good slot WRs are a must in today's game. We're not done at wideout but this is a good start.

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You would have been happy with Brown? And burning the draft capital to acquire him? Fine. I would not have been.

I didn’t say that. Brown? No. But getting a #1 WR or any above average playmakers has never really been on the menu for Macc. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

What 

a hammer..  the kind your landlord normally uses when he hangs up the eviction notice on your front door.

anyway, I'd like to you grab said hammer and whack yourself in the nuts with it.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I didn’t say that. Brown? No. But getting a #1 WR or any above average playmakers has never really been on the menu for Macc. 

You don’t need that to win.  We have a good young quarterback and we do in fact have weapons even though they aren’t the “sexy”  names

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

a hammer..  the kind your landlord normally uses when he hangs up the eviction notice on your front door.

anyway, I'd like to you grab said hammer and whack yourself in the nuts with it.

Of course, Pac not understanding his audience isn’t himself goes with an eviction joke.

Archived