Jamison Crowder

Patriot Killa

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Much.  Yes.  And that’s the market. 

Prove he’s much better.

The market? What slot receivers are getting paid more than Crowder?

I’m very happy with the Barr and Osemele moves, as well as the aggressive attempt to get Paradis. But this one’s a head scratcher to me.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Prove he’s much better.

The market? What slot receivers are getting paid more than Crowder?

I’m very happy with the Barr and Osemele moves, as well as the aggressive attempt to get Paradis. But this ones a head scratcher to me.

Dude, they’re not even remotely comparable.  Lol. you’re cray 

You showed me nothing.  Lol 
Cole Beasley.  Hahahahaha 

Beasley was # 5 in DVOA in 2016 and # 34 last season. Crowder has never been higher than # 44. And last year PFF had Crowder as the # 91 receiver.

I get you like the guy for some reason but sheesh.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Beasley was # 5 in DVOA in 2016 and # 34 last season. Crowder has never been higher than # 44. And last year PFF had Crowder as the # 91 receiver.

This was a good signing for the 2 / 17 value and especially considering that there were no higher end options out there. Crowder is young and talented and plays a position (slot) that will really, really help Darnold (aka priority number one two and three)

23 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Crowder’s consistency or lack thereof was more a result of how the redskins offense was designed and how Cousins functioned in it

Still back to back 800 yard seasons is pretty good especially when your usually the 2nd or 3rd progression of a not great qb

Well if 9 million is the going rate for below average seasons then I guess that’s what it is. That said, Macc overpaid because he can’t draft WRs to save his life. 

This was a good signing for the 2 / 17 value and especially considering that there were no higher end options out there. Crowder is young and talented and plays a position (slot) that will really, really help Darnold (aka priority number one two and three)

A competent GM could find his own Jamison Crowder in the 3rd/4th round. Not pay one high end WR2 money.

It’s really not that difficult of a skill set to find. Crowder himself was a 4th round pick.

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

so what's the consensus here: good or bad signing? I say Good.

Crowder's issue is his health. If he is over his ankle issues then I think we got ourselves a really good player. It's a typical Macc move on a guy with high upside that he locks in for 3/28  but only 17 is guaranteed so it's just a 2 year deal. 

This is from 2 years ago before the injuries. Dude is explosive, get's great separation and can do it from the outside or inside. 

This is Crowder from this past year playing a little banged up with the likes Alex "check down" Smith and Josh Johnson. Still looks pretty explosive:

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I just showed you they are. Beasley was better last year than any season Crowder has put up the past 4 seasons.

And Beasley was pretty awesome in 2016 too.

Beasley is going to be 30 and he has had foot/ankle problems the last couple years.  I know Crowder has had some as well, but he is way younger.  Beasley had Romo throwing to him most of his career which is way better than Kirk Cousins.  Beasley has less of a chance to score than Crowder just based on athleticism.  Beasley doesn't have the explosiveness of Crowder.  Not even close.

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Well if 9 million is the going rate for below average seasons then I guess that’s what it is. That said, Macc overpaid because he can’t draft WRs to save his life. 

When you draft as horribly as Macc you gotta splurge in free agency

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A competent GM could find his own Jamison Crowder in the 3rd/4th round. Not pay one high end WR2 money.

It’s really not that difficult of a skill set to find. Crowder himself was a 4th round pick.

We don’t have a competent GM

Macc’s evaluation of WRs in the draft is laughable

7 hours ago, southtown24th said:

so what's the consensus here: good or bad signing? I say Good.

I think it’s a good signing.  Crowder is the same thing as Humphries or Beasley maybe a little more upside

Jets still need another wr tho

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Crowder's issue is his health. If he is over his ankle issues then I think we got ourselves a really good player. It's a typical Macc move on a guy with high upside that he locks in for 3/28  but only 17 is guaranteed so it's just a 2 year deal. 

This is from 2 years ago before the injuries. Dude is explosive, get's great separation and can do it from the outside or inside. 

This is Crowder from this past year playing a little banged up with the likes Alex "check down" Smith and Josh Johnson. Still looks pretty explosive:

This is why I’m not a fan of the Bellamy signing. Assuming we sign Andre Roberts for returns, we tie up 2 WR slots for old special team aces. Our other 4 slots are Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder and Burnett. 2 of those (Enunwa and Crowder) are injury prone.

We don’t have the space or luxury for a second special team ace. That is assuming Roberts comes back. I guess we’ll just see how things play out. 

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So Cole Beasley was the 5th best WR in Football in 2016? 

Lol

8 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You don't pay free agents based on past performance. If that were the case, Frank Gore's one year deal with the Bills would be worth 30 million. 

You pay free agents based on potential. 

We will know if this is a good deal if he looks like a bargain three years from now. 

6 hours ago, DJF71 said:

Beasley is going to be 30 and he has had foot/ankle problems the last couple years.  I know Crowder has had some as well, but he is way younger.  Beasley had Romo throwing to him most of his career which is way better than Kirk Cousins.  Beasley has less of a chance to score than Crowder just based on athleticism.  Beasley doesn't have the explosiveness of Crowder.  Not even close. 

Beasley did just fine with Dak Prescott, too.  Better than Crowder did with Alex Smith. 

Archived