The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Team archer

Agreed, but it still sucks to have him coming here and move on, potentially missing out on other guys, then have him change his mind.   It's seems to be the only time it's happened out there with the agreed upon deals so far. Chances are it will be the only one. That leave the Jets being the only franchise that got stood up at the alter.  not the biggest deal but it still sucks and makes us look a bit worse than we did prior to it happening. 
I'm wondering if Mosely is in talks with the Ravens right now.  
Nature of the beast with the legal tampering period. Sucks it happens to us but at least it happened today and not tomorrow when it is too late to steal players who shook hands with someone else.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Agreed, but it still sucks to have him coming here and move on, potentially missing out on other guys, then have him change his mind.   It's seems to be the only time it's happened out there with the agreed upon deals so far. Chances are it will be the only one. That leave the Jets being the only franchise that got stood up at the alter.  not the biggest deal but it still sucks and makes us look a bit worse than we did prior to it happening. 

I'm wondering if Mosely is in talks with the Ravens right now.  

51m guaranteed?

Even if they said he was coming here, I wouldn't believe it until pen is put to paper.  Not because of anything to do with Barr, but because that is just how I feel Bell is.

This is getting annoying anyway as a whole.  I cant wait for it to be over.  We already did have some great additions, excited what else is to come even without top tier players as we round out the roster.

3 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Problem is that Coleman's agent IS Bell's agent.  So he knows he has the Jets in his hands (and is looking to get two players paid, like the agent for Cousins and McCown did last year).

Yes, but at least Bell would know that we're thinking of moving on at least.

19 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

I've got a feeling no one is gonna scoop this.  You won't see it from Rapoport, Schefter, Cimini etc.

Bell's gonna make a big production out of this.

Agree.  He has to be jealous of AB. Bell didn’t play football for a whole year in anticipation of being the prized free agent of this class. Instead, Brown gets 48 hours of crazy coverage, scores additional guaranteed money, and helps decide where he goes. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Then go be a Patsy fan.

Seriously. I can't stand it when people think the Jets need to try and do everything like the Patriots. We aren't the Patriots. We don't have Tom Brady and we don't have Bill Belichick. 

Don't spend your whole life trying to be someone else. Do it your way.

Bell turning this into a "LeBron Decision" thing a bit, what Durant did etc. Wants to have a moment, as stated earlier. 

Which I guess is sports now and didn't stop those guys from being great, but makes you wonder a little bit about him. Maybe. 

Or he's just playing a few teams off each other for max $, which is probably really it. Or both. 

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

This is a bunch of hours ago.  But who knows?

LOL  good point.  

Is this better?  7 min ago    :)  

Le'Veon Bell rumors: Colts out, looking like RB down to these three teams in NFL free agency

There are several teams gunning to try and land Le'Veon Bell in free agency

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's awesome!  I seriously hope that is the case.  Selfish finished last.  Bird in the hand.  and the rest.  There were reposts of him thinking 16-18 mil per was realistic.  Who knows what it really is, but that's pretty good news if true. 

I wonder which poster is Bell on JN :) 

6 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Problem is that Coleman's agent IS Bell's agent.  So he knows he has the Jets in his hands (and is looking to get two players paid, like the agent for Cousins and McCown did last year).

Actually that's a good thing. Mac should of already got into contact with the agent and started contract talks with  Coleman. That would hasten Bell's decision. I'm sick of the Jets being played for leverage.

16 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Nature of the beast with the legal tampering period. Sucks it happens to us but at least it happened today and not tomorrow when it is too late to steal players who shook hands with someone else.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Agreed. better earlier than later.  

We should go steal Morse. That would make everything better. :) 

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

bell needed a big FA market for him to save face and it doesn't even look like he's getting that.  

I don't necessarily agree with this.  He sat out, in large part, because of the injury risk.  Like what happened to Earl Thomas...

The contract for a RB coming off major injury would be considerably less. He may not come out ahead... but all things considered, one has to consider it at least a wash.

He may not save face for those that view the results in a vacuum, but he made a logical business decision.

17 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

51m guaranteed?

Well that IS the caveat huh?  Maybe if they sweeten it just enough to make it realistic to stay. Who knows?  I love that guy and would really like to see him playing for us. The D will be no nonsense. He runs $hit out there!  

Archived