The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Team archer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The guy mailed in the last game he played in (AFC champ game). Signing him to 17 mill plus would be a colossal mistake. Hell sit out again without blinking. I can’t believe the Jets are actually doing this. 

Bell?  Mailed it in?  Didn't he have like 150+ from scrimmage against the Jags?  The Jags were a top D.  Wasn't the championship game either.  The Jags went on and lost to the Pats, but the Pats only put up 24,not the 40+ that Bell and the Steelers did.

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Its becoming a lose-lose situation with Bell. If he takes the Jets deal, a lot of naysayers will be killing the organization for shelling out an obscene amount of money to a RB. If he turns us down, we will have the continued stigma of a losing culture with free agents signing with other teams for less money.

From the recent tweets it seems the jets are in the 13-14 apy and everyone else is at 11 apy.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I thought he already decided to go to the ravens. Wasn’t there a quote about “NEVERMORE”? Somebody already knows what is up.

Don’t you guys know your Edgar Allan Poe?  “Quoth the raven, nevermore.”

That tweet was from yesterday.

I'd like to hear the Jets connected with another RB at this point.  Stop dangling off his balls, the offer is out there now go talk to other RBs too and make him sweat

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The guy mailed in the last game he played in (AFC champ game). Signing him to 17 mill plus would be a colossal mistake. Hell sit out again without blinking. I can’t believe the Jets are actually doing this.

Dude, I get it.  You're a savvy poster.  Concerns about Bell are understandable. 

I was living in Michigan during his college run, saw him at State many times on TV.  I traded up to get him in my fantasy dynasty league early 2nd round, a steal because he had a foot injury at the time...  I have watched him play a ton.  A TON.  

Le'Veon Bell is a spectacular player.  I swear to you...  he is the guy that can help Sam change this franchise and win a SB in 2020.

8 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Jets give Le’Veon Bell a deadline

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2019, 2:39 PM EDT

gettyimages-613632286-e1552415937844.jpg
Getty Images

The Jets want Le'Veon Bell. More importantly, they want Le’Veon Bell to make a decision.

Connor Hughes of TheAthletic.com reports that the Jets have given Bell a deadline to decide whether he wants to sign, and that they’re not going to wait forever.

Of course, even if Bell tells the Jets he’ll sign, Bell can ultimately refuse to sign the contract after the new league begins on Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. ET. And the Jets are keenly aware that this can happen, because it already has today, with linebacker Anthony Barr.

As recently mentioned, the Jets apparently are the only team actively pursuing Bell. Which gives the Jets the leverage needed to insist that Bell make a decision.

Exactly my thoughts... Pull the offer... Take it or go screw... I wonder when the deadline is

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Bell?  Mailed it in?  Didn't he have like 150+ from scrimmage against the Jags?  The Jags were a top D.  Wasn't the championship game either.  The Jags went on and lost to the Pats, but the Pats only put up 24,not the 40+ that Bell and the Steelers did.

Sorry, the Pats title game was two years ago. Years crossed.

Just now, Skeptable said:

Ingram agreed to terms with Ravens right? And Paradis would have signed already if he wanted to come here

Paradis will only sign with a team if he gets the money he is looking for.... Denver, Jets may not have made the right offer yet.

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Paradis will only sign with a team if he gets the money he is looking for.... Denver, Jets may not have made the right offer yet.

That's not what it sounds like... It sounds like the Jets have made the offer but he wants Denver to match. From everything that I have read it sounds like he doesn't want to come here.

3 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Supposedly Coleman and Bell have the same agent. May not be able to pull the offer and easily pivot to Coleman.

Still don’t know why so many want Coleman.

If we miss out on Bell, I’d rather just keep Crowell for another year and draft a RB in the mid rounds.

People are making Coleman out to be something he’s not.

5 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Supposedly Coleman and Bell have the same agent. May not be able to pull the offer and easily pivot to Coleman.

They aren't going to pivot to Coleman... They will probably start moving into the CB dept.

Just now, Untouchable said:

If we miss out on Bell, I’d rather just keep Crowell for another year and draft a RB in the mid rounds.

I agree. I'd rather see them draft a RB f they don't get Bell

11 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Getting Bell changes the trajectory of this franchise.  Mac has to close the deal here.  After 4 years of putrid play and a paper thin roster,  this move is a game changer.  

I agree 1000% it was the same when we got curtis martin

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

or they can even trade back in the first and take the alabama rb.  at least he'd be cheap.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

or they can even trade back in the first and take the alabama rb.  at least he'd be cheap.

This.  Coleman was mediocre last season and he had zero competition after Devonta Freeman went down early in the season.  Coleman was average at best during a time in which he had all the opportunity in the world to show his talent off, knowing that free agency was looming at the end of the season. And he showed nothing special on the field for most of the season.  He's a jag. 

54 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

So everyone complains players use the Jets to raise the offer from teams they intend to sign with.

Has Bell been using the Ravens, Raiders and others to raise the Jets offer?

If so, we have come a long way!

From when, this afternoon?

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This.  Coleman was mediocre last season and he had zero competition after Devonta Freeman went down early in the season.  Coleman was average at best during a time in which he had all the opportunity in the world to show his talent off, knowing that free agency was looming at the end of the season. And he showed nothing special on the field for most of the season.  He's a jag. 

I don't really understand the Coleman hate, guy averaged 4.8 YPC last season. He's yet to prove that he's more than a complimentary back but he's far from a jag and better than any RB on the roster. He put up 800 yards on less than 200 touches. He's not a Leveon Bell caliber back but he'd help the offense in the running and passing game.

Just now, Sully80 said:

I don't really understand the Coleman hate, guy averaged 4.8 YPC last season. He's yet to prove that he's more than a complimentary back but he's far from a jag and better than any RB on the roster. He put up 800 yards on less than 200 touches. He's not a Leveon Bell caliber back but he'd help the offense in the running and passing game.

from my perspective, the 'hate' is twofold:  1) why save a lot of money if the best weapon you add is a mediocre running back, and 2) how do you 'catch up' to the good teams by adding mediocre talent?  

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This! After Freeman got hurt he was handed the starting job but he couldn't hold it. He has poor field vision and is not an explosive or elusive runner. HIs best quality is that he is an excellent blocker on passing downs. He lead the league in most negative plays by a running back. 

Highest percentage of carries resulting in a loss:
1. Tevin Coleman: 19.7
2. Dion Lewis: 18.6
3. Adrian Peterson: 15.9
4. Isaiah Crowell: 14.2
5. Joe Mixon: 13.4
6. LeSean McCoy: 13.2
7. Lamar Miller: 12.7
8. Matt Breida: 12.6
9. Peyton Barber: 12.42
10. Jordan Howard: 12.35

He is a back up rotational player at best looking to be paid as a feature back. Bell is a light years better player.

5 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Have you ever watched him play? Check out his stats at PFF or any other site and they will support the fact he's not that good. Hey, I don't hate him or anyone else, I just don't want to spend top dollars on a player that really doesn't deserve it. If Mac can get him cheap fine but he looking for Bell type money.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

from my perspective, the 'hate' is twofold:  1) why save a lot of money if the best weapon you add is a mediocre running back, and 2) how do you 'catch up' to the good teams by adding mediocre talent?  

Well it seems like teams don't want to give Bell more than 11/12, I'd be surprised in Coleman got any more than 8. I don't think you need a guy like Bell to field a competent offense, he could be our Tarik Cohen.

Archived