Team archer

The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Pull the offer go get Saffold and Paradis 
Isn't osemele younger, better and already on our roster than saffold? Sign Paridis I am all for but saffold is old we can do better I think

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Sh*t no you don’t pull the offer.
I don’t care if it takes another week for him to make his decision. Bell and Paradis should be the Jets top priorities right now and no one else should even come close.
If we don't land bell and we can't talk to other guys because he wants to milk every penny we lose. If you tell him you are pulling the contract maybe it forces his hand if it doesn't he likely never was signing with us anyway

What other guys?
Bell and Paradis are literally the only two guys left that I would be willing to pay $10+ million a year for.
The rest of FA we can go bargain hunting.
There are still other decent players out there. We still have some gapeing holes. Who is our nickle corner and our cb2? Who is our edge rusher? Wr1? There might not be great answers to these questions in free agency but we still need to answer them and mediocre players still need to be paid.

The saving grace for Barr is that the Jets can draft a young pass rusher anyway. So that really didnt hurt. Moreso the PR look is bad.
Why? We made him a resonable offer which he agreed too and the Vikings offered just as much for him to stay where he has built the last four years of his life? We did the right thing and didn't chase him and offer more and that is the wrong move?

• Upvote 2

Agreed, but it still sucks to have him coming here and move on, potentially missing out on other guys, then have him change his mind.   It's seems to be the only time it's happened out there with the agreed upon deals so far. Chances are it will be the only one. That leave the Jets being the only franchise that got stood up at the alter.  not the biggest deal but it still sucks and makes us look a bit worse than we did prior to it happening. 
I'm wondering if Mosely is in talks with the Ravens right now.  
Nature of the beast with the legal tampering period. Sucks it happens to us but at least it happened today and not tomorrow when it is too late to steal players who shook hands with someone else.

Have not been following crazy close. Get quality, Bell, 2 OL's...WR....LB and Corner, sign and draft rest.. Is this a big ask? Aside from Bell, how close or far are we from my request. Or is it pie in the sky.
We signed one of the better slot recievers, the best lb and swing a trade for a former pro bowl left guard so I would say four wishes are plausible

The Jets upgrades at OG, ILB, and Slot WR-low impact positions where good teams fill on the cheap with developmental talent.
Add this to the awful hire of Gase and Williams and this offseason is an abject failure. 

Isn't ilb supposed to be the quarterback of the defense?

hahah --
The former laughing stock of the NFL signs Vernon, Richardson, trades for the best WR in the NFL.... hahha and we can't even get a 27 year old RB to take our money.. lololoooooooooooooolol

[/url]  

Richardson and Vernon are overpaid bums

• Upvote 2

I hear yours too.  I totally understand why fans are concerned with Bell.    There is risk.  I just feel his reward his so much higher than all other players, and the risk isn't that much more... if at all.
I can address each of the concerns about Bell individually.  Diva.  Holdout.  Mileage (I am better at ripping this one up than basically everybody else).  James Conner factor.  Etc.  
But the league is about offense.  The last 4 teams in 2018; Chiefs, Patriots, Saints, Rams.
The Jets need 1st downs.  They have way too many 3 and outs.  Sometimes they go entire quarters without gaining 10 yards.  They go halves without scoring.  The other signings don't change that.  Le'Veon Bell does.   
There is no proof that leveon bell 1 year away from football would be good on a jets offense. There were already reports the guy put on a bunch of weight. I don't care if we sign him or not but make no mistake there is major risk involved in him at the contract he is demanding.

These will be fun quotes when our Bell-less Jets get blown out by 21 at the hands of the Browns this year.
And Richardson gets his annual 3 sacks and 25 tackles?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company