Team archer

The Le'Veon Bell Thread

28 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Like it or not we need Paradis more than Bell. Screw Bell. What he ever do for us?  How happy are we that we didn’t land Kirk Cousins? It would of been a disaster. I don’t think u can draft a center and have him start and be effective game 1 but we could draft a RB in the 2nd round - trade up or down to get a 2nd and throw him right in the fire. Maybe our RBs will be better with an actual O line. In either event we need Paradis. Bell would be an expensive bonus that would hurt us elsewhere. Last time I looked we still need a corner. 

I agree that we need Paradis more than Bell, but we can't control where players prefer to go. If Paradis should get 3/30 and we offer 3/35 what else can Macc do. 
Personally, I am pretty ambivalent on Bell. Not a huge fan of signing RBs at 27 to big deals, but it doesn't sound like it will cost as much as the media thought. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Whose Twitter account is that?

Antonio Bryant. He's apparently in with the Bell/Brown crew. 

Just now, kmnj said:

it will be a huge fail for mac if he cant get bell to come here-we have the money....

it is not often you get a chance to get a hall of fame back to come to your team-the jets have done many bad things over the years but two of the smarter things were bringing in curtis martin and tomlinson

the league is an offensive driven league-you drafted sam to be the qb and future of the team-to load up on defense again is so jet like it is scary and most of those pick ups are to replace guy that mac recently drafted

it is bell or bust for me-if our only offensive FA signing at a skill position is crowder it is a disgace

Can we stop with stupid hot takes. Macc can't just sign every player he wants. There are plenty of other teams with cap space and players have other considerations when picking teams. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, King P said:

That's the best way to handle it. Can't let Bell situation cost us a chance at other FAs. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Leveon Bell was reportedly returning week 1, week 2, week 3, week 8 before he finally sat out all last season. So the notion that we get conflicting reports and this is dragging out a little longer than expected shouldn't be surprising. 

Just now, BallinPB said:

If he doesnt sign Bell or Paradis....he's a failure.  Point Blank Period!

If they win 11 the division this year he is a failure  because he didn't get Bell or Paradis? How does that make sense? 

He failed to get Cousins, instead Darnold fell in our lap. Stop being so dramatic about free agent signings. They are fun. They fill needs. They don't always pan out and sometimes the ones you don't get are a blessing in disguise. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

He's dicking around with the jets... Pull the offer... Be respectable 

He dicked around with the Steelers for a few months so waiting a few hours isn't a big deal. 

The reality is that he sat out an entire year and is likely trying to milk every penny out of the Jets before signing. I can't really blame him.

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

If Macc is only bidding against himself, and somehow doesn't sign Bell, he sucks worse than I thought

What are you talking about? 

This happens all the time in free agency across all sports. A team really wants a player and is the only team willing to pay a certain amount, the player knows it and tries to milk every last penny. The team eventually says FU and pulls the offer and the player signs with another team for less. 

Do some of you guys follow sports outside of the Jets bubble you live in? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pac said:

There it is..  Macc isnt ******* around.

Yup, that's exactly  how he should play it. Get an answer by some time today, if not, move on. 

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

now he's just jerking us around...

100pct. And no one should be surprised after he jerked the Steelers around all last year. It's one of the reasons I am not all in on signing him. 

• Upvote 1

Bell wants his signing to be big news. I could the OBJ trade stalling any announcement on his signing. 

7 minutes ago, Vader said:

Are Pouncey and Decastro coming with

Yeah, you could pretty much find a negative slant to every free agent signing by every team.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company