Team archer

The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Those folks who keep saying we should pass on one game changing player after another year after year have to realize you can't win without GREAT players................................. and Joe Dimaggio is dead and didn't play football..............

45 minutes ago, prime21 said:

It's not March 12th yet so Im confused... :( 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I wish I knew what the offers on the table are. I'm willing to bet the mortgage the Jets are far and away offering the most. 

Hmmmm time for the Jets to lower their offer....

Enough is enough!!

PLEASE....please.......please

STOP WITH THE PERSONAL INSULTS!!!!

OK...

THANK YOU.......

If Mac lost out on other quality free magnets because as was reported he was waiting for Bell than he should be fired IMMEDIATELY!!!

Good Grief!! :( 

44 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It will be all the worse when we draft allen at 3 and won’t be able to address offense until the 3rd round.  It’s hard to fathom yet another entire offseason without adding an impact player on offense.  

If what you say is true than Mac the MORON strikes again!!!

2 minutes ago, Happy Clouds said:

This is worse than I thought.

Thanks CB for giving me info that I was unaware of.  Until now,  I knew nothing of these magnets we may have lost out on.😁

YES!!!!!

This just shows the depth of Mac's depravity.  The man knows no bounds!!!! :) 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

A dead set steal.

This was obviously properly put out by Bell’s agent.

The Jets by putting out the low end of the deal made Bell look silly which is NOT what you want to do and which was not entirely accurate. 

Let the high number be your leak if you are the Jets.  IMO Let a player like Bell win in the media. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Anyone who loses out on quality free magnets should be fired from life.

This is worst than anything I have seen.

Imagine my Refrigerator!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It is bullsh*t that it happened but Barr isn’t a pure edge anyways. I would have targeted a pure edge and Barr rather than and ILB. No one could have seen that coming though. It’s one thing to not want to come here and use us but it’s another to verbally agree and then back out. That sucks. 

Indeed under the law it is actionable. 

Meaning you give your word and people rely on your word to their detriment (meaning lost opportunity or $$$$$) you can be sued.

The NFL should do something now before a team eventually sues the player, as well as the Agent and the league itself.

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The problem Bell presents is that it is really, really difficult to "take him away" because he is so versatile. He can run inside and outside, blocks well, and has the skillset of a starting slot receiver. So, how do you take him away? 8 in the box can stop the running, but then you shift him outside and suddenly the D has the wrong personnel on the field. If you go nickel or dime against him, the jets will run the ball.

IMO, only 1 D scheme can slow Bell down and it requires a team to have 3 starting quality Safeties. Big Nickel would be my base package against Bell. Unless all of your starting LB's are really good in coverage. And even that would not neutralize him.  

Thank you!

Bell as you indicated is as versatile as he is dangerous.

If Bell plays up to his potential he will be one the best offensive weapons in NYJ history.

2 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

yea its out there now so i feel like i can say it... The league actually has a pretty big issue on its hands with this... I'm not sure how many times something like this has happened, but in a period the nfl created to drive FA popularity further, their first real hiccup is this with the jets where they  have a player that agreed to a deal, Would have signed it if it was actual FA, and then backed out costing a team valuable time with other FA. the fact that he backed out so much later and other guys at that position who the team would have targeted signed elsewhere in that time frame is a very bad optic for the league.  Like i said legally the jets have no leg to stand on really since its known players cant sign, but with how the league caves to media pressure its worth holding their feet to the fire to see if you can get anything. 

AS I stated above I do believe that the doctrine of detrimental reliance would give the Jets a legal leg to stand on..

What is Detrimental reliance?

"Detrimental reliance is a term commonly used to force another to perform their obligations under a contract (Oral Contracts Count and = an Oral Promise for an Oral Promise), using the theory of promissory estoppel. Promissory estoppel may apply when the following elements are proven: A promise was made (Here the Jets & Barr). The Jets relying on the promise by Barr was reasonable or foreseeable."

36 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s sounds like a messy situation that can be avoided. For instance, if both parties(player and team) choose to partake in the “legal tampering period” for their own benefit, and agreement in principal should have some sort of penalty for backing out of.

If the player/agent go that far to agree to terms and then leave them at the alter, the team that they sign with should have to cough up a 3rd round pick. Not too steep of a price but not too small where it would keep everyone honest. This should go both ways in case the team backs out and screws the player. 

Actually this is a FANTASTIC solution IMO!!!

9 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

i mean if theres legal legs to stand on then lets stand away lol im no lawyer just saying i dont see anything coming from the complaints. but again we'll see

I hear you...

And I for one am still waiting to see the burnt tapes that had nothing on them  :)

So being a lawyer does not give you big insight into what the NFL does behind the scenes IMO......

But as @Creepy Lurker stated above there has to be some kind of penalty for teams and/or players who unilaterally back out their verbal commitments and then leave the other party harmed. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company