Team archer

The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Getting the feeling that the Jets are the high offer but Bell doesn't want any part of NY.  Hope I'm wrong.

• Post of the Week 1

Bell is a must sign at this point IMO.  Even if the Jets have to break the bank to drag him here, they need to do it.  Playmakers like this just don't grow on trees and hardly ever become available for money only.  This needs to happen.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, kmnj said:

this is all on mac

if he signs bell I will give him full credit-if he fails full blame

Completely disagree.  Unless the Jets are lowballing Bell, which is highly unlikely, it's just a matter of the guy wanting to play here or not.  That's is not on Mac and believe me, I'm all for a full on Mac bashing as anyone.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jbt said:

so how much are we going to over pay for him?

As much as it takes.  It's a franchise changing moment.  Jets have to be all in here IMO.  

Let's see Bell turn down more money to go to the Ravens.  Every move this guy has made in his football career has been about money (as is his right) so I will be stunned if he changes course now.  He's going to the highest bidder, whoever that might be.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Not his fault players rather go play somewhere else. He's giving them the most money. 

It's true and I have defended Mac regarding this, but he does have to own a little of the blame based on the losing culture he's completely responsible for over the last 4 years. The perception of the team is so poor that it literally drives players to take less money elsewhere.  Someone has to own that, and IMO that's equally split between the GM and the owner. 

Getting Bell changes the trajectory of this franchise.  Mac has to close the deal here.  After 4 years of putrid play and a paper thin roster,  this move is a game changer.  

• Upvote 2

Very excited to see Darnold and Bell working together in the Gase offense!  I'm so giddy that it might require a liquid lunch!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Not sure where he ranks on the RB scale, but he's definitely the best player we've had on this roster since Revis in his prime.  By a mile. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Better than Darnold?

Right now - for sure. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company