Team archer

The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Just now, choon328 said:

I have a terrible feeling he's going to the Colts. They have more money then the Jets and have a better offensive line currently. Macc just seems to not be able to lure the top guys in. He'll take a little less money to go to the Colts so he comes off as not deciding based on money. 

Macc just can not get it done.

Colts did well without a high priced RB though. 

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Happy - very happy to see him go elsewhere.  Too much money for a position that just does not have value and where players are always injured ( or will be).  Worst contracts in football now are the highly paid RBs - Gurley, Freeman, etc.  It's the line and the system, not the player that makes a RB successful in the NFL.  I just don't want this guy and his bloated salary/ego anywhere near this locker room.  The Texans are a good fit.  Go there.

Yet the patriots took one in the first round. 

Just now, Pac said:

There it is..  Macc isnt ******* around.

and then what, sign coleman?  i'm not saying they should let bell string them along but in terms of talent there just aren't many options.  it's undeniable that bell would really help darnold out the next few years and isn't that what it's about - so that one day the jets can promote the next rb into the starting role and darnold will be a stud and it won't matter.  that is worth extra coin.

bell needed a big FA market for him to save face and it doesn't even look like he's getting that.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm pretty sure they share the same agent but I find it interesting that there hasn't been a word about Tevin Coleman since the tampering window started.  No rumors, no tweets.  Radio silence.  I'd think if Bell's offers aren't setting the market for a big RB payday we're going to start hearing more out of Coleman's camp shortly...

also can't rule out how gurley's injury is scaring teams from paying rbs, fair or not.  

• Like 1

Just now, Dinamite said:

Baltimore signing Ingram to 8mil

because their dynamic rb is jackson.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

"The Jets apparently are the only team actively pursuing Bell"

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/12/jets-give-leveon-bell-a-deadline/

Macc negotiating against himself again?

unless other teams know that bell won't sign with them, then they jump in, but it would be for less anyway.  

or maybe there's just a general theme that teams want to get rid of the problems like obj, brown, bell, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Still don’t know why so many want Coleman.

If we miss out on Bell, I’d rather just keep Crowell for another year and draft a RB in the mid rounds.

People are making Coleman out to be something he’s not.

or they can even trade back in the first and take the alabama rb.  at least he'd be cheap.

Just now, Sully80 said:

I don't really understand the Coleman hate, guy averaged 4.8 YPC last season. He's yet to prove that he's more than a complimentary back but he's far from a jag and better than any RB on the roster. He put up 800 yards on less than 200 touches. He's not a Leveon Bell caliber back but he'd help the offense in the running and passing game.

from my perspective, the 'hate' is twofold:  1) why save a lot of money if the best weapon you add is a mediocre running back, and 2) how do you 'catch up' to the good teams by adding mediocre talent?  

Just now, Thinker said:

with all this cap space and barr rejecting the offer why were they waiting on anyone?  who else is more important?

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Teams weren't too high on him.

anyone know why the jets knew him best?

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Bell is going to announce when he wants to announce.  He's gonna do it his way and no one else's.

He's going to announce his team at the same time his "album drops" - set your clocks for Midnight

i hear he went to Dicks to get his ravens, jets and colts hats today for the big reveal.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Oh great , no Jamal’s dog is missing too. This day just gets worse and worse. 

It’s good to see that our fearless leader is doing exactly the same thing that we’re all doing - checking twitter to see who Bell follows next.

3 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Please stick to the deadline. With today's stunning turn of events, I've got a bad feeling Bell is not coming here. At the very least we save face and avoid Bell's satisfaction of spurning us if we were to wait it out instead.

And i think part of mccagnan’s objective is to save face.  B/c if he didn’t, bell could do something that Barr just did.  

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Well..this dude has been teeeting Bell to the raiders for 8 hours now.  He seems pretty damn convinced.  

Why would the raiders want him when they can draft a rb much cheaper with all those picks, and why would bell want to go there where he’d be on an irrelevant team?

Just now, New York Mick said:

And the Jets aren’t?

He’d be in NY, Oakland plays in a crap stadium for another year and who knows what happens when they move to Vegas.  And do you trust Carr?

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Ian Rappoport said he expected this to be done tonight.....whether that's midnight Eastern Time or what, I don't know.  But the Jets gave a deadline and I think they want to know at least several hours in advance of the true signing period starting on Wednesday.

If I'm the Jets then I start floating invitations to other RBs.  If anything, just to light a fire under Bell.  The Jets have already been burned by Barr.....I'd have to hope they're smart enough not get shut out of 2nd tier RBs be letting Bell hold them hostage.

The deadline faux is merely to save face, they’re not going to bully him into signing here.  

We’re looking at Coleman and crowder and a 3rd round wr as the major weapons additions.  Darnold’s clock here is ticking.

• Upvote 1

It will be all the worse when we draft allen at 3 and won’t be able to address offense until the 3rd round.  It’s hard to fathom yet another entire offseason without adding an impact player on offense.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

The Steelers are good at acquiring talent.

We sign guys like Tevin Coleman and draft Eli McGuires.

Hey, we haven’t signed tevin Coleman yet - there’s a good chance we get outbid for him too.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

The only thing I like about the forthcoming Bell news is that he first got cockblocked by Antonio Brown and the Raiders news.....now he's getting cockblocked by the OBJ trade. lol  This dude TOOK AN ENTIRE YEAR OFF FROM FOOTBALL and made a crappy rap album all trying to get attention for his blockbuster free agency announcement.  Now it's going to land like a thud.

And during the season Connor stole his thunder.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, prime21 said:

Although I can see this guy revealing his team on his album, I can’t imagine the team he signs with doesn’t already know. The Jets should announce that they have rescinded their offer before midnight if they know it’s not them.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Although it would be way more entertaining if mccagnan and gase are sitting in an office in Florham Park at midnight, trying to interpret the cryptic lyrics in the album, song by song.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company